Tech Gaming Hardware discussion (& Hardware Sales) thread

Really not a fan of the set up for the M&K. I could see a lot of people breaking where they rest just casually playing games, let alone competitively playing M&K games with lots of recoil. I'd rather have a larger pad to move my mouse around and ensure I can drag all the way down when I need to.

Last month, Microcenter hiked the price of the 5600X, twice, and it has lacked enough in availability during this stretch that it still gets /buildapcsales posts with high upvotes when it's available at MSRP. BAPCS does not flag MSRP unless a component is highly in demand

while true, mc also lowered the price of the 5600x back to 300... and now down to 280. and the 5800x to 400.

Video from a few weeks ago jaw dropping video.

I wish scalpers got actually scalped by actual Native Americans.
Thing I thought was funny from this video not the scalper but the host who thought that a little over a grand each was reasonable for 3060 ti's and that the person who bought the 72 of them for 81,000 was going to sell them for more or use them from mining. Does that not seem insane over 1 grand is ok with this guy for 3060ti's lol. Fun fact I just saw a 3090 going for what the scalper was calling a great deal for 2750.00 a great deal really?

Thing I thought was funny from this video not the scalper but the host who thought that a little over a grand each was reasonable for 3060 ti's and that the person who bought the 72 of them for 81,000 was going to sell them for more or use them from mining. Does that not seem insane over 1 grand is ok with this guy for 3060ti's lol. Fun fact I just saw a 3090 going for what the scalper was calling a great deal for 2750.00 a great deal really?
How many GB is a 3060 TI, 8? My 1080 has 8. Unbelievable.

Sucks that we're in a market where we can't pick what we want for rigs anymore. Certainly there are other more important things, like gasoline (which is also running out, great). But really just everything. 2021 is actually shaping up to be worse than 2020. Who'd have imagined.

while true, mc also lowered the price of the 5600x back to 300... and now down to 280. and the 5800x to 400.
Who cares? I'm not going to repeat this ad nauseum. Microcenter is not available to <80% of the USA's population unless they travel over 300 miles round trip which offsets the in-store price advantage of the CPU in gas money alone.

More importantly, the 5600X is still a pile of shit value at $280 against the i5-11400/11400F, especially if we are permitting MC pricing:
  • $150 = i5-10400F
  • $170 = i5-11400
  • $200 = i5-10600K
  • $230 = i5-11600K
  • $270 = i7-10700K (+2c/4t for those prioritizing minimums relevance of CPU longevity)

Who cares? I'm not going to repeat this ad nauseum. Microcenter is not available to <80% of the USA's population unless they travel over 300 miles round trip which offsets the in-store price advantage of the CPU in gas money alone.

...you're the one who brought up micro center hiking the 5600x price. ...which is what i was responding to.

<JagsKiddingMe>

Sucks that we're in a market where we can't pick what we want for rigs anymore. Certainly there are other more important things, like gasoline (which is also running out, great). But really just everything. 2021 is actually shaping up to be worse than 2020. Who'd have imagined.
A 1660 Super out of a prebuild goes for $600 right now and it can’t even do RT. :confused:

People working from home and especially cryptocurrency rush has caused this insanity back in 2018 when all people was talking mostly about bitcoin 1080's where selling out everywhere till the massive drop in value for bitcoin from 20,000 to 3,000 Prices eased up I expect something similar with this to happen this time around market correction on cryptocurrency then price drop on GPU's and CPU's.

Last edited:
People working from home and especially cryptocurrency rush has caused this insanity back in 2018 when all people was talking mostly about bitcoin 1080's where selling out everywhere till the massive drop in value for bitcoin from 20,000 to 3,000 then prices eased up I expect something similar with this to happen this time around market correction on cryptocurrency then price drop on GPU's and CPU's.

if elon musk tweets that bitcoin causes cancer, we can all buy GPUs next week.

Its sad for theyre high quality headphones built to last. In a market flooded with low quality headphones. Shows the importance that advertising has.

Another gaming discussion board i frequently visit. Whenever someone asks about audio Sennheiser is mentioned once in a flood of Steelseries and Logitech replies.

EK is selling 90 degree pre bent hardline tubing. A 6 pack is $60 for 12mm, $65 for 14mm, and $70 for 16mm.

By making GTA V look worse in every example they offer?
Lighting is off but the textures an reflections are superior to the GTA rendering of the scene. Part of the problem I believe is the way they used sampling data to convert the way the scene is rendered using what I believe is AI. Likely as they utilizes more samples from different pools that could improve. Instead of using data from Germany use data from California?

Did anybody notice that Noctua reduced their warranties across the board from 10 years to 6 years?

They managed to pull that off on the DL. I threw out a Google search and didn't even see a Reddit thread on the topic.

Basically both perform the same.

For those who comprehend Anandtech's more complex reviews, and can deductively extrapolate from them based on a knowledge of specification, this was apparent way back when the 11700K review was originally published. Intel returned to per-thread supremacy over AMD with the 11900K. Squeaks it out.
i9-11900K vs. Ryzen 7 5800X
i9-11900K vs. Ryzen 9 5950X

The problem is that isn't translating to games, and since the 11900K has so few cores, that's where Intel needs to win. Then you have the latency issues, heat issues, and more costly power consumption. So the 11900K is a terrible buy with no prospective market.

Meanwhile, the 5800X has been underselling its MSRP. It's $421 on Amazon right now, and has sales even better than that in recent weeks, so even though the 11700K is $41 cheaper, the additional money you're likely to spend on the heatsink, motherboard, and PSU means it isn't really enjoying the advantage on cost. Since that's the only place it wins, it won't sell until it drops in price.

Intel owns every price point below $250, AMD owns every price point above. That's just where we are.

Did anybody notice that Noctua reduced their warranties across the board from 10 years to 6 years?

They managed to pull that off on the DL. I threw out a Google search and didn't even see a Reddit thread on the topic.

6 years is still pretty good for a fan. Just a quick googling shows Be Quiet is 3 years, Phanteks 5 years, Lian Li 2 years, and Arctic is 10 years.

Did they start including a cooler with the 5800x? I thought they didn't include a cooler with the high end stuff.