Social Gas the Ozzies?

Yeah it's certainly been misrepresented, I watch Crowder and Ben Shapiro's stuff and it's way over the top. Yes we're still locked down etc but only for a few more weeks in Melbourne (Sydney already opened), and if our Fed government hadn't fucked up the vaccine rollout we'd probably not have even locked down this year.

The protests in Melbourne were full on a few weeks ago, from what I saw the police dealt pretty fairly with it. The Victorian Premier has a lot to answer for if you ask me though, and the Chief Health Officer.
Queensland has barely done any lockdowns at all. Aside from the masks it's been business as usual for me most of the pandemic. This stuff is just way overblown in overseas news.

Queensland has barely done any lockdowns at all. Aside from the masks it's been business as usual for me most of the pandemic. This stuff is just way overblown in overseas news.
We have zero cases in queensland and were about to open up. not sure how i feel about this.

I'm in SA, and I think we've had the least, but even my friends, family and colleagues in Melbourne laugh at the American reporting.
Of course my family in Melbourne are right-wing Christian fundamentalist conservatives, so they aren't exactly fans of the Andrews Government, but they aren't lunatics.

I'm in SA, and I think we've had the least, but even my friends, family and colleagues in Melbourne laugh at the American reporting.
Of course my family in Melbourne are right-wing Christian fundamentalist conservatives, so they aren't exactly fans of the Andrews Government, but they aren't lunatics.
Both my parents aver very left wing in the traditional sense and one is still a communist. one is for and one is against lockdowns and mandates but are both vaccinated. Opinions vary but i dont think dan andrews handled it well. I am personally pretty libertarian but i am still pleased we have had our border closed so my kids can go to school, we can doo sports and i can work.

Both my parents aver very left wing in the traditional sense and one is still a communist. one is for and one is against lockdowns and mandates but are both vaccinated. Opinions vary but i dont think dan andrews handled it well. I am personally pretty libertarian but i am still pleased we have had our border closed so my kids can go to school, we can doo sports and i can work.

Shutting the borders was absolutely approved of here. First thing they did was boot out the infected Americans gallivanting around the Barossa and shut the state borders, and it was well received. Mind you I'm not sure people would even object all that much in SA if they shut the borders without a pandemic.
People that hop the border at the moment haven't been looked on kindly. The police didn't release the details, and maybe the locals knew more, but when that woman "somehow" became infected in Mount Gambier leading to a lockdown, the locals decided they'd help her out with the border protocol and quarantine measures by firebombing her car. They said they moved her and her family to Adelaide for quarantine for medical reasons, but I think it was more for safety since they weren't hospitalised.

No question that NSW and Vic dropped the ball with quarantine. The less populated capitals barely squeaked by with hotel quarantines in the urban centres, despite much smaller interstate and international numbers, so of course Melbourne and Sydney required more.
The Ruby Princess was another massive cock up.
Also half arsed lockdowns didn't help at all. The infectious diseases experts said from the start that lockdowns should only be used by going hard and early to allow contact tracing to reinstate broken quarantine. They always knew that compliance would deteriorate the longer or more frequently lockdowns were used, so they weren't ever going to be an effective alternative to decent quarantine protocols. The back and forth with the federal governments over quarantine measures that amounted to nothing, then accepting more returns from India despite delta and no improvement in facilities and personnel that had already been identified as not fit for task, was a pretty massive cock up.
Berejiklian, Barilaro and Constance already bowed out, I'll be very surprised if Andrews doesn't do the same.

Yeah I have a good friend in Melbourne, he has a lot of mental health issues and PTSD from his time as an ADG in the airforce and he doesn't even think its that bad

Same as Tassie, South Australia and WA, and NT as well. My brother lives in SA, they were short on dunny paper once at the local supermarket but that’s about it ha ha

Same as Tassie, South Australia and WA, and NT as well. My brother lives in SA, they were short on dunny paper once at the local supermarket but that’s about it ha ha

Hey now, nothing says, "tyranny" and "police state" like being down to your last dozen rolls of dunny paper.

Predictions on when Australians will be allowed to leave their country again?

I'll say 2025.

Predictions on when Australians will be allowed to leave their country again?

I'll say 2025.

Without an exemption by the end of November, so long as you're vaccinated.

Back