Elections Gavin Newsom: “Mandatory water restrictions may be coming to California“

Sherdog nerds have the biggest hard on for Cali.

imagine if they spent this much time taking about the real net Drains that are the southern red states.

They have plenty of water, and arent the subject of this thread. California, its leadership, and its hilariously inept ability to manage water its water situation is. If youd like to make a thread about the southern red states to discuss them, go do that instead of pointless shit like this post.

On topic, its amazing to me.that the people of California havent figured it out yet. Shorter showers and not washing their cars didn't solve the issue years ago, and it wont solve the issue now. Raising insanely water heavy crops in the midst of a drought is a remarkably bad idea, but they seem to be completely oblivious to this fact. California has in the past completely destroyed an areas water supply to funnel water into major population centers and to their cash crops. And god help us all, theyll likely do it again if we let them. It's not sustainable long term, and eventually they will have to decide if their avocados, pistachios, and wine ate worth completely destroying other parts of the environment are worth it.

Some states have more water and use less of it annually.

California has the most productive agriculture sector in the entire country, but the irrigation is very water intensive due to the climate in most of the state being so arid.

Thanks for the info. That makes sense to me.

California politicians have their voter base scared of bad orange man people that they don't even realize what's going on behind the curtain. The most progressive state in the country with the biggest tax budget can't even get simple things done like get people power and water while ensuring the state doesn't burn to the ground.

A shortage of potable water is not only a big deal but one of the biggest deals imaginable.

Yeah that comment baffled me.
Sweden has had some really dry years, a few years ago they had to slaughter 1000 of pigs because of the dry weather. harvest went wrong, summers with no BBQ because forbidden, big forest fires got help from all over EU to fight them. Told to shut the water of during brushing your teeth. This year is better but its still been pretty dry.

But... its not a big deal....

Hmm, I wonder if there would have been "enough water" if you took 2 million illegals out of the equation?

I'm sure a thought like foreigners using up resources is too complex or "politically incorrect" for Newsome to ponder.

Na we need the illegals to do the jobs muricans won't do.

We humans have such a detrimental weakness for convenience... It's our undoing...

The more I read about California the less I feel empathetic to them. Most of their "water shortages" are because they turned deserts into farmland and than used that farmland to grow things Like Almonds that are expensive and therefore make a ton of money but are extremely wasteful on water.
The water wars begin in California

Hmm, I wonder if there would have been "enough water" if you took 2 million illegals out of the equation?

I'm sure a thought like foreigners using up resources is too complex or "politically incorrect" for Newsome to ponder.
When are you coming back home to europe.

those 2M illegals probably waste a lot less water than gardening in california

The more I read about California the less I feel empathetic to them. Most of their "water shortages" are because they turned deserts into farmland and than used that farmland to grow things Like Almonds that are expensive and therefore make a ton of money but are extremely wasteful on water.
The water wars begin in California

at least is agriculture, just surf over Los Angeles in google maps, look how arid that thing looks, and move into the rich districts full of green gardens and golf clubs. Some idiots concerned about climate change cannot even get a grasp that golf clubs and California do not mix.

Last edited:

Farmers who grow Almonds lol

I said on this very forum years ago, California has to start capturing all the fresh water that they let just run out into the ocean, or face dire consequences.

Environmentalists on this forum who live in California flatly refused to even consider such a notion because it may interrupt the yearly patterns of migratory fish.

Caring more about a fishes comings and goings over the potential of a man, woman, or child going thirsty is the height of inhumanity.

What about not growing stuff that requires a lot of water?

Lol if you took 2 million "illegals" out of the state, the economy would collapse.

After all those illegals are in many cases working for cash in jobs no self righteous Amurican! would ever stoop to doing. And they don't benefit from the social assistance system set up in state for tax paying citizens.

In other words they are paying their own way.

Lol if you took 2 million "illegals" out of the state, the economy would collapse.

After all those illegals are in many cases working for cash in jobs no self righteous Amurican! would ever stoop to doing. And they don't benefit from the social assistance system set up in state for tax paying citizens.

In other words they are paying their own way.

So they don't visit ERs and get free treatment through Medicaid-Medi-Cal? Free medical care that I, as a middle-class citizen, am not entitled to receive??? That doesn't qualify as social assistance programs to you?

"A 2007 medical article in the Journal of the American Medical Association reported that 99 percent of those who used Emergency Medicaid during a four-year period in North Carolina were thought to be illegal immigrants."

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/health/how-undocumented-immigrants-sometimes-receive-medicaid-treatment

Are JAMA and PBS right wing publications? Obviously, that was in North Carolina but do you think that illegals aren't using the same treatment tactics here in California...the nation's leader in terms of illegal immigrant population?

What about prenatal care for unborn illegal immigrant children?

"In addition, states can provide prenatal care to immigrant women otherwise ineligible for Medicaid and/or CHIP under the CHIP unborn child option using federal matching funds (Kaiser Commission on Medicaid and the Uninsured 2009, figure 3).[13] Eligibility for this coverage does not depend on the womans immigration status and is limited to pregnant women only. As of July 2010, 14 states provide prenatal care, labor, and postpartum care to immigrant women under this option. Six states (California, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Texas, Washington, and Wisconsin) have chosen both the CHIPRA option for lawfully present immigrant women and the CHIP option for nonqualified immigrants."

https://aspe.hhs.gov/reports/overview-immigrants-eligibility-snap-tanf-medicaid-chip-0

What about pandemic stimulus funds for illegal immigrants?

"After weeks of public hearings and closed-door negotiations, California legislators voted Monday to pass $600 one-time payments to households receiving the state’s earned income tax credit, along with an extra $600 for undocumented taxpayers earning less than $75,000 who were ineligible for previous federal stimulus payments and other assistance for low-income residents."

https://calmatters.org/california-d...nia-600-stimulus-checks-undocumented-workers/

Farmers who grow Almonds lol

What about not growing stuff that requires a lot of water?

He'll never answer this. Because he's an idiot who thinks that rivers flowing into the ocean provide no value.

He'll never answer this. Because he's an idiot who thinks that rivers flowing into the ocean provide no value.

Water not running through some rivers will probably make fires more recurring. Its weird how the liberal in California push for green initiatives yet they are the ones that waste and consume the most resources.

Back