Elections Gavin Newsom: “Mandatory water restrictions may be coming to California“

Get a new schtick. Eight months into Biden's Presidency and you refuse to stop fixating on the previous President. Poor Biden, is he really that irrelevant?........

TDS.

The first thing you think of in any topic is President Trump.

{<jordan}

Back to work. Quit Sherdogging on your bosses time.

It's literally the same scenario you just outlined.

The tariffs incentivize buyers to look for new sources and once those new relationships and logistics networks are formed, there's no sense going back to the old relationship.

Remember to vote 'Yes' on the recall and Larry Elder as the next governor

Or you could simply capture the millions of gallons of fresh water that your state allows to run into the ocean.

The environmentalists won't be happy, but you'll have enough water for ever man, woman, child, industry and recreational use imaginable.

To allow all that water to just flow into the oceans with no effort made to capture it is the height of inhumanity in the face of water shortages.
I am in the Great Lakes region, so no water restrictions here. I don't know anything about the water discharge issue you speak of, but I hazard a guess it is for the benefit of wildlife.

When I lived in California I remember several years where there wasn't a single drop of rain so this shit isn't surprising. Lol @ blaming illegals.

Or you could simply capture the millions of gallons of fresh water that your state allows to run into the ocean.

The environmentalists won't be happy, but you'll have enough water for ever man, woman, child, industry and recreational use imaginable.

To allow all that water to just flow into the oceans with no effort made to capture it is the height of inhumanity in the face of water shortages.
What is the environmentalist's argument against it?

I am in the Great Lakes region, so no water restrictions here. I don't know anything about the water discharge issue you speak of, but I hazard a guess it is for the benefit of wildlife.

Yes, @Farmer Br0wn is being completely disingenuous and just parroting incorrect right wing talking points.

For one, the major rivers in southern California do not even empty directly into the Pacific Ocean, but into the San Francisco Bay-Delta Estuary... which is the main source of water for hundreds of thousands and nearly the entire San Joaquin County farming industry. Additionally, it is the most productive estuary in the state in regards to both commercial and recreational fishing. Taking radical steps to stop the flow of fresh water into the estuary would just ruin the fishing industry. It's not about just "protecting the migratory patterns of fish", but literally the entire fishing and farming industry in the area.

It also ignores the vital function of a Delta, which is keeping salt water from seeping into inland fresh water, ruining it for both drinking and irrigation.

Hmm, I wonder if there would have been "enough water" if you took 2 million illegals out of the equation?

I'm sure a thought like foreigners using up resources is too complex or "politically incorrect" for Newsome to ponder.
Take em out of the equation and you would have no more houses built, lawns mowed, fruit vegetables picked, food cooked in restaraunts etc etc. But yeah theyre the reason for the drought. They drink so much water of course for all the work they do. Oh im sorry thats right, theyre looting, raping and pillaging in ca en masse. Sorry got it wrong.

When I lived in California I remember several years where there wasn't a single drop of rain so this shit isn't surprising. Lol @ blaming illegals.

Two million illegals came and every day they do an anti-rain dance. It works. Believe me. That's what people are saying.

Stop using up all the water growing fucking almonds in a desert.

lol How is illegals your first thought when thinking of a water shortage?
Not the effects of climate change and drought, the large percentage of water used in agriculture and other big business, or just the general wasteful nature of people----how many gallons of waters get wasted everyday on keeping lawns looking green?
What % of the water do you think illegals are using vs. all these other factors?

Because that's the reality. There is a finite supply of resources, and we can't even support the people here already. Just look at our pathetic Covid "relief" efforts.

PS, if you are going to respond, make sure to include the cost of educating the child of every illegal in America.

Hmm, I wonder if there would have been "enough water" if you took 2 million illegals out of the equation?

I'm sure a thought like foreigners using up resources is too complex or "politically incorrect" for Newsome to ponder.

Urban use is insignificant. They're dumping most of it into the ocean. Perfect for creating a situation to advance the climate change agenda.

“Less than two years ago, every reservoir in the state was brimming with water, and held a supply to last a minimum of five dry years without another drop of rain. Shasta and Oroville by themselves held enough water to meet the needs of 80 million people for a year. With 25 million receiving water from these sources, those two reservoirs alone could deliver water for more than three years. But the majority of that stored water has been released to the ocean for ongoing environmental causes that have not benefitted a single endangered fish. Water managers claim the problem is families are not conserving enough. They are now recommending only using water for drinking and sanitation, and to stop watering any landscape that is not edible. Many property owners are already trucking in water.”

“50% of California’s water supply goes to environmental uses, 40% is converted to the food we eat and the clothes we wear, and the remaining 10% is for urban use. Families did not waste their way into a water shortage and cannot conserve their way out. Saving 25% of a 10% use equals 2.5%. Ongoing water releases continue to put fish over people, and both are suffering. More water rights holders than ever before are about to receive stop-using-water notices.”

https://californiaglobe.com/section...-from-reservoirs-claiming-drought-conditions/

Urban use is insignificant. They're dumping most of it into the ocean. Perfect for creating a situation to advance the climate change agenda.

“Less than two years ago, every reservoir in the state was brimming with water, and held a supply to last a minimum of five dry years without another drop of rain. Shasta and Oroville by themselves held enough water to meet the needs of 80 million people for a year. With 25 million receiving water from these sources, those two reservoirs alone could deliver water for more than three years. But the majority of that stored water has been released to the ocean for ongoing environmental causes that have not benefitted a single endangered fish. Water managers claim the problem is families are not conserving enough. They are now recommending only using water for drinking and sanitation, and to stop watering any landscape that is not edible. Many property owners are already trucking in water.”

“50% of California’s water supply goes to environmental uses, 40% is converted to the food we eat and the clothes we wear, and the remaining 10% is for urban use. Families did not waste their way into a water shortage and cannot conserve their way out. Saving 25% of a 10% use equals 2.5%. Ongoing water releases continue to put fish over people, and both are suffering. More water rights holders than ever before are about to receive stop-using-water notices.”

https://californiaglobe.com/section...-from-reservoirs-claiming-drought-conditions/

Great post, thank you for providing the info! What an interesting turn of events that is.

Because that's the reality. There is a finite supply of resources, and we can't even support the people here already. Just look at our pathetic Covid "relief" efforts.

PS, if you are going to respond, make sure to include the cost of educating the child of every illegal in America.
Why would I include the cost of educating a child in a thread about water?

There is a finite supply of resources, and there's also intelligent and effective ways of addressing and solving problems.
I'm pretty sure that I read that something like 80% of California's water usage is agriculture. So wouldn't it make a lot more sense to put a magnifying glass on that?
If you care about our finite resources then it would make the most sense to attack the largest problem---not the thing that's taking up .8% of the problem.

How many millions of gallons flow into the oceans? Lmao. And you build reservoirs to hold water for lean times.

Hence.... Reservoir.
The colorado river has not reached the sea since 1998. Every drop of water has been used up 70 miles before it can get there . The final stretch is completely dried up. The reason? agriculture.

There is a poster here from Cali whose name escapes me. But whenever someone criticises California whether it's the homeless problem, the fires or the high taxes he always goes "that's just part and parcel of living in paradise". I guess we can add lack of water to the list.

The guy is our resident ambassador of the cowabunga lifestyle.

Yeah, because Climate change isn't going anywhere and is directly tied to droughts and other conditions that will fuck up water supplies in the future. We've seen this in other parts of the world already.

The typical 'derp derp lol Ok, Greta' response doesn't change the facts.

It is not "solely" on government mismanagement. That's always part of it. But there are multiple factors.
like the dixie fires in california? the one caused by arson via professor?

that article points out that we havent built enough major reservoirs but I dont know if thats gonna help as much as people think when the reservoirs we do have are at record lows. Its not like building more reservoirs is going to fix the fact there isnt enough water to go into the reservoirs considering that it really doesnt rain much and there isnt tons of large quantity snow areas to provide a source to feed reservoirs. The 3 primary water sources in california are the sierra nevada mountains (they feed oroville damn but theres not enough snow pack to even do that at moment), the colorado river (this source isnt even supplied by california and its struggling throughout all the upstream states that pull off it as well) and ground water which is getting pumped by farmers faster than the aquifers can build up. im not trying to defend california politics but i dont think this is just about poorly spent money in this case, unless we want to start using more funding towards desalination plants to draw from ocean.

I'm no expert but the reservoir logic makes sense to me. If I put out 10 buckets outside when it rain instead of 5 buckets, it stands to reason I'll have 5 buckets' worth more of reserves during dry times. The amount of rainfall is the same, it's just that I'm capturing more of it instead of it just getting randomly absorbed by soil.

If people didn’t water their grass, that would be enough to save water. Putting in water conservation programs is a good thing. But don’t go all Ashton and mila on your kids.

Larry Elder for Governor 2021 !!!!

I went to see him this week in Costa Mesa. He was excellent and the Republican Central Committee 100% embraced him and endorsed him. It may have made him a bit queasy, because he's a Conservative/Libertarian.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back