Elections Gavin Newsom: “Mandatory water restrictions may be coming to California“

Thats my point. We have limited recources and its no big deal that we have to conserve our useage.
Geographic situations aside, I agree with you. But it's crazy to think how Israel manages to never get into an emergency concerning their water situation. For all their many faults they also get a lot of things right.

How about promoting crops that don't use tons of water or flood irrigation?

I know that the crux of the restrictions will hit single home families and their shower times. But, will Gavin be able to impose such restrictions on the almond growers?

They are ripping up almond groves. It is a fucking tragedy.

this-is-the-first-time.jpg

There is a poster here from Cali whose name escapes me. But whenever someone criticises California whether it's the homeless problem, the fires or the high taxes he always goes "that's just part and parcel of living in paradise". I guess we can add lack of water to the list.
@sambobeer?

Most of the water in California is used for agriculture

Most being how much out of the total usage? How much do illegals use? Would there be enough water for native Californians if you got rid of 2 million illegals?

I can say that most of it is used to flush toilets in a counter to your post. Without posting statistics this is as true or false at face value as your post.

Why doesn't California just quit growing Pistachios and Almonds ? These crops are amongst the highest consumers of water per acre.

Most being how much out of the total usage? How much do illegals use? Would there be enough water for native Californians if you got rid of 2 million illegals?

I can say that most of it is used to flush toilets in a counter to your post. Without posting statistics this is as true or false at face value as your post.

Only around 10% goes to Californians. 90% goes to agriculture and the environment. Blaming illegals is pretty stupid in this context.

https://sites.uci.edu/energyobserve...sage-in-crops-and-the-water-value-of-almonds/

I said on this very forum years ago, California has to start capturing all the fresh water that they let just run out into the ocean, or face dire consequences.

Environmentalists on this forum who live in California flatly refused to even consider such a notion because it may interrupt the yearly patterns of migratory fish.

Caring more about a fishes comings and goings over the potential of a man, woman, or child going thirsty is the height of inhumanity.

They can have some of the excessive rainfall in other states. Why don’t they do that?

I’m sure he will tell his maintenance man to drain the swimming pools at his three mansions, he’ll tell his winery to cut back the water usage for their grapes, he will ring his country club to cut back on usage for the golf course and so forth, while a little Hector Jr. will have to sacrifice his bath and drinking water because his water will be shut off after 6 PM every night.

Everyone will sacrifice together. It’s the Liberal way!

How about promoting crops that don't use tons of water or flood irrigation?

I know that the crux of the restrictions will hit single home families and their shower times. But, will Gavin be able to impose such restrictions on the almond growers?

The problem with that is if California cuts water supply to Almond farmers now, it will destroy California's Almond making capacity for years to come. If water restrictions come to California for Almond growers, that will incentivise Almond growers from around the world to increase production (transplanting trees isn't as hard as you'd think). The Almond acquisition infrastructure that will grow around this new production won't simply switch back to California if/when they lift water restrictions. Who's to say the restrictions won't just return at a later date? So California will be telling the world "we're not a reliable source for Almonds" now and forever.

When you drive a customer away, they're never coming back.

The problem with that is if California cuts water supply to Almond farmers now, it will destroy California's Almond making capacity for years to come. If water restrictions come to California for Almond growers, that will incentivise Almond growers from around the world to increase production (transplanting trees isn't as hard as you'd think). The Almond acquisition infrastructure that will grow around this new production won't simply switch back to California if/when they lift water restrictions. Who's to say the restrictions won't just return at a later date? So California will be telling the world "we're not a reliable source for Almonds" now and forever.

So sacrifice Almonds and Pistachios , so that people have more water for their daily needs. I love pistachios, and have no problem buying Iranian pistachios if California ceased growing it.

Why doesn't California just quit growing Pistachios and Almonds ? These crops are amongst the highest consumers of water per acre.

That is toooooooooooooooooooooo logical.

That's why.

Kind of like Trump's tariffs.

So sacrifice Almonds and Pistachios , so that people have more water for their daily needs. I love pistachios, and have no problem buying Iranian pistachios if California ceased growing it.

Or you could simply capture the millions of gallons of fresh water that your state allows to run into the ocean.

The environmentalists won't be happy, but you'll have enough water for ever man, woman, child, industry and recreational use imaginable.

To allow all that water to just flow into the oceans with no effort made to capture it is the height of inhumanity in the face of water shortages.

Back