Social Gavin Newsom exempts breadmakers from minimum wage law increase - Panera Bread owner one of Newsom's friends and donors

it was a joke, I clearly havent looked into detail, but otherwise, interesting footnote, a very exclusive footnote.
You can call it a Newman's Own exception, if you will.

Newsom and Panera bread guy came out and said it's not cronyism.

Case closed as far as I'm concerned.

War GOATsome. The haters are in shambles. Hopefully he runs so we can get the CCP take over 2024 imo

So, let me get this straight and if I am missing something, please let me know.

This has to do with the fight to increase the min wage for fasts food workers. They essentially are forcing every fast food giant increase their employee wage to x amount, HOWEVER, this does not affect companies that bake bread on site?
And this amounts to his friend’s franchise, Panera, being exempt and they can continue to pay their employees less? Why, exactly, are companies that bake bread on site exempt? What is special about them?

Gee, I would have never pegged (my guess is he likes being pegged) gavin as someone that helped out his elite friends.

I agree that the min wage needs raised. It is nearly impossible to live on such meager earnings in the state of ca and many others because of the cost of living.

With that said, the only businesses that should have any kind of exemption should be small mom and pop businesses, not giant companies like Panera that are worth over 7.5 billion dollars and raking in 4 billion in sales each year. The ceo is worth billions and newsome’s friend and donor, whom bought a resort off of newsome in 2014.

Please, someone explain why baking bread and selling bread as a stand alone product in a fast food restaurant should provide an exemption? Why bread?

No wonder people are latching onto this story. It seems too convenient for friend and donor to be taken care of and protected from forcing a destitute company that makes annual profits of 4 billion from having to pay $20 min wage for employees. Otherwise, we would have front row seats to this poor company dissolving under the weight of profiting a few million less. I agree, this is fishy af to choose such a seemingly random aspect to single Panera out and protect their insane profit margin. Newsome is slimy af and this is a prime example of the type of shit he does to protect his friends and business partners.

Panera or not, can they explain why the exemption is there in the first place?

“Fast food restaurant” shall not include an establishment that on September 15, 2023, operates a bakery that produces for sale on the establishment’s premises bread, as defined under Part 136 of Subchapter B of Chapter I of Title 21 of the Code of Federal Regulations, so long as it continues to operate such a bakery. This exemption applies only where the establishment produces for sale bread as a stand-alone menu item, and does not apply if the bread is available for sale solely as part of another menu item.

He just says "sausage making" and moves on. Why are bakeries special?

Every single restaurant is gonna have a tiny little shelf with some bread on it

Bing bong ez pz

They already prevented that by making it before sept 2023.

The bread exemption is so fucking random and seems to have no legitimate basis. My guess is that this was the easiest way to help out his friends and donors. I can imagine the conversations that took place to work this out. “Ok, gavin, what if we put in the law that companies that rhyme with banera are exempt?”

What about burger and sandwich places? Aren't they technically selling bread with their food products? And why are tortillas and pita bread being left out? Seems a bit discriminatory to other culture's food services.

lol... What a fucking retarded exemption.

And watch all the fast food places start selling bread slices and toast as menu offerings.

Easy answer-newsome is racist. Tortillas are Mexican and pitas are Mediterranean. It’s clear that newsome is anti-brown and this has nothing to do with the huge coincidence that the exemption is so very specific as to prevent any other companies to be exempt while still helping his friends.

And then the non-exempt companies state that there will have to be price increases to prevent these fast food giants from going extinct. I mean, living on $16/hour(current min wage for fast food) is relatively easy if you know how to budget. It’s much more difficult for these giant companies making billions to scrape by without raising prices.

Subservience to logic and reason keep me shackled to the side that will work to pass objectively better policy.
Yeah, it's "objectively" so much better that they have to exempt themselves and their friends from all their super cool policies that cause the highest homeless populations, human shit and syringes on the sidewalk, exploding crime, the lowest literacy rate, the lowest high school graduation rate, ridiculous taxes, highest cost of living, barely trailing NY and Connecticut in income inequality, the top states people are leaving are blue, the top states people are moving to are red.

We all appreciate a good backpedal, but you already admitted the guy is a POS but you'd still vote for him because he's on your "team". Your "reason and logic" are going great, keep up the good work.

States with the Lowest Literacy Rates​

1. California

States with the most estimated vehicle thefts in 2022​

RankStateTotal estimated thefts
1California202,685

https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2Fe8312b87-25a3-4921-b1c2-00a6072e8c62_3558x2617.png

Last edited:
Newsom is one of the worst things for the Dem party. Like the Tlaibs, AOCs, Omars, just a bad represenation of what that party used to be. He continually does stupid things and gets away with it. The legalized shoplifting.....no one wants that or agrees with it, not even our WR hardocre libs. No one thinks a state that never had black slaves, should give reparations to black people that were never slaves or related to slaves by raising taxes to citizens, many of whom are Chinese and were related to slaves who built railroads and San Francisco. What a dick kick that is. Heshit the bed with the handling of covid, and really has had a horrible run.

Not sure why this story interests me so much, but it does. I am not a newsome or Cali fan to begin with, but something about the seemingly randomness of this exemption bothers the fuck out of me. Also read a few articles on this. Flynn, a fucking billionaire, actually said that without this exemption, his franchises wouldn’t survive because their profit margins have dropped from 9% to 3.5% over the last few years.
Any other business would either have to adapt or go extinct, but here comes gavin to swoop in and protect his good friend from being homeless with an off the wall exemption. Why bread? What the fuck does making and selling bread as stand alone products have to do with the wages imposed upon the industry. Jesus is newsome a crooked, elitist, fuck and the worst part is that I don’t see many ways this prick doesn’t eventually become potus.

Yeah, it's "objectively" so much better that they have to exempt themselves and their friends from all their super cool policies that cause the highest homeless populations, human shit and syringes on the sidewalk, exploding crime, the lowest literacy rate, the lowest high school graduation rate, ridiculous taxes, highest cost of living, barely trailing NY and Connecticut in income inequality, the top states people are leaving are blue, the top states people are moving to are red.

We all appreciate a good backpedal, but you already admitted the guy is a POS but you'd still vote for him because he's on your "team". Your "reason and logic" are going great, keep up the good work.

States with the Lowest Literacy Rates​

1. California

States with the most estimated vehicle thefts in 2022​

RankStateTotal estimated thefts
1California202,685

https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2Fe8312b87-25a3-4921-b1c2-00a6072e8c62_3558x2617.png

Yeah, it’s almost like he’s admitting that this law will harm some companies affected by it. Except, of course, for his good friend and donor.

Yeah, it’s almost like he’s admitting that this law will harm some companies affected by it. Except, of course, for his good friend and donor.
It was the same thing when he shut down businesses but exempted his own, sent his kids to private school classrooms while closing schools for everyone else, and threw a huge dinner party with medical lobbyists without a mask in sight after locking everyone else down.

Back