Crime Desperate Newsom to intervene in Oakland to reduce crime

Scerpi

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Another failed Soros DA… how many is that now? Newsom is in damage control as he eyes the national stage and Oakland remains a giant black eye.

“The narrative around crime and lawlessness in Oakland is out of control and it clearly got the attention of both the governor and the attorney general,” said Justin Berton, a political consultant who worked for former Oakland Mayor Libby Schaaf and lives in the city.

“The national story about Oakland is horrific right now, so that’s going to rub off on Rob Bonta and Gavin Newsom, and clearly their offices decided ‘no more.’”

NEW: Crime in Oakland, California is getting so bad that Gov. Gavin Newsom is sending in state prosecutors to tackle soaring crime.

Thanks to Soros-backed DA Pamela Price, violent crime is exploding as she pushes for lighter sentences to boost "equity."

Crime is up a staggering 20% under Price's watch. According to the Daily Mail, some reports state violent crime is up 21%, robbery up 38%, and vehicle theft up 45%.

Carjackings have become part and parcel of living in the Oakland area. Over the summer, a woman was beaten during a car jacking. She suffered severe injuries.

During a press conference, Price tried playing off the humiliating development by saying she was forming a "partnership" with the governor to address the crime.

Must be an anomaly. I was assured by other posters on these boards that Newsome is a great leader and escalation of crime there isn’t his fault. Also any negative opinions of him or the performance of his state is just partisan hackery. He would make a great option for the democratic ticket in 2028.
I didn’t believe a word of it but thats what I was “told”.

Hope it works as Oakland has been a messed up high crime city for to long. It is one thing to want to see fewer people in prison. I think that is a good goal to try and obtain. It is another thing to not stop crime, hurting the economy and not helping the victims of crime.

Must be an anomaly. I was assured by other posters on these boards that Newsome is a great leader and escalation of crime there isn’t his fault. Also any negative opinions of him or the performance of his state is just partisan hackery. He would make a great option for the democratic ticket in 2028.
I didn’t believe a word of it but thats what I was “told”.

Who said he's a great leader?

He has some support from liberals and might be a strong candidate for president eventually, but progressives are his fiercest critics.

He has made many promises to satisfy progressives but all the work he's done to honor those promises has been purely performative. This is incredibly typical of the Democrats who aren't nearly as radical as Republicans are required to pretend in order to gin up votes.

His stern warning to Walgreens regarding abortion medication also felt performative but if it was sincere then it was fascist or authoritarian.

His hypocrisy about gatherings during the pandemic was a catastrophic failure of leadership at a time when the stakes were incredibly high. John Smith down the block ignoring the mandates is a minor issue, the governor of a state doing so is unforgiveable.

Would he have support if he runs? Of course he will, every time a Republican wins the White House it drags the country back twenty years (in Trump's case it was fifty), but he's almost as uninspiring a candidate as Biden, who progressives loathe.

As long as it's a Democrat I'd take Bill the Cat over Newsom.

001.jpg

Another failed Soros DA… how many is that now? Newsom is in damage control as he eyes the national stage and Oakland remains a giant black eye.

“The narrative around crime and lawlessness in Oakland is out of control and it clearly got the attention of both the governor and the attorney general,” said Justin Berton, a political consultant who worked for former Oakland Mayor Libby Schaaf and lives in the city.

“The national story about Oakland is horrific right now, so that’s going to rub off on Rob Bonta and Gavin Newsom, and clearly their offices decided ‘no more.’”

NEW: Crime in Oakland, California is getting so bad that Gov. Gavin Newsom is sending in state prosecutors to tackle soaring crime.

Thanks to Soros-backed DA Pamela Price, violent crime is exploding as she pushes for lighter sentences to boost "equity."

Crime is up a staggering 20% under Price's watch. According to the Daily Mail, some reports state violent crime is up 21%, robbery up 38%, and vehicle theft up 45%.

Carjackings have become part and parcel of living in the Oakland area. Over the summer, a woman was beaten during a car jacking. She suffered severe injuries.

During a press conference, Price tried playing off the humiliating development by saying she was forming a "partnership" with the governor to address the crime.

What is it with you and all the hateraid on California? Doesn't that shit hole Texas you live in have enough problems? Curious why you have so much time and energy to hate on Cali.

Have you ever actually been to Oakland? It's a beautiful area and most of the city is awesome. Like most urban areas it has its problems but there is nothing unusually bad there. Have you pulled up Zillow and seen what 900K gets you in Oakland?

Even little Oakland has more Michelin star restaurants than the entire state of Texas. Think about that. You live in a culture where you have to worry about your daughters getting BBQ sauce on their prom dresses.

I love Oakland and used to work for the port at the airport, spent much of my youth in that area. It's beautiful. There are plenty of parts of Oakland I would have no problem living in now.

Oakland is a shithole. Good luck on relying on the same people that got it to this point to somehow reverse course. The sports teams aren't coming back, the businesses that are leaving aren't coming back. I feel bad for the decent folks living there, but you keep voting in clowns then you get the circus.

that might be one of the funniest things i have ever read. Newsom tackling crime in Oakland is like Biden tackling the problem of illegal immigrants crossing the border

<--- Native Californian. I stay out of our cities anymore. If I do go, I have a gun. My neighbor's only grandson at age 26 was murdered in Long Beach. He was shot in the face. There was no arrest, no suspect, the investigation was next to nothing, and his killer remains at large.

If you must go into California urban areas, carry a gun. Also, please train with said gun and be competent.

Doesn't matter if it's run by democrats or republicans, oakland will not change until the demographics change

Newsom tackling crime in Oakland is like Biden tackling the problem of illegal immigrants crossing the border
Perfect analogy, both do nothing but hurt America & the citizens due to the burdens imposed from criminal acts and financially supporting illegals.​

Let's see...
DA refuses to jail people that break the laws.
Police already defunded by $25 million.
50 officers were removed from budget cuts.

Protecting citizens & businesses falls on their resources, they're on their own.

Last edited:
<--- Native Californian. I stay out of our cities anymore. If I do go, I have a gun. My neighbor's only grandson at age 26 was murdered in Long Beach. He was shot in the face. There was no arrest, no suspect, the investigation was next to nothing, and his killer remains at large.

If you must go into California urban areas, carry a gun. Also, please train with said gun and be competent.
Geez that's in Belmont Shore, I grew up there (literally made and brought home from the hospital a block from there). That's actually a pretty nice area and is mostly families. Although in Long Beach some places you go a few blocks and it can go from real nice to real sketchy, although that's not really the case there.

Likely people from North or West LB visiting the beach doing the shooting. The Beach area attracts some of the worst people, one of the reasons Huntington Beach went to shit and I'm always happy to just pay to go to Bolsa Chica, Crystal Cove or Laguna to avoid the riff-raff.

What is it with you and all the hateraid on California? Doesn't that shit hole Texas you live in have enough problems? Curious why you have so much time and energy to hate on Cali.

Have you ever actually been to Oakland? It's a beautiful area and most of the city is awesome. Like most urban areas it has its problems but there is nothing unusually bad there. Have you pulled up Zillow and seen what 900K gets you in Oakland?

Even little Oakland has more Michelin star restaurants than the entire state of Texas. Think about that. You live in a culture where you have to worry about your daughters getting BBQ sauce on their prom dresses.

I love Oakland and used to work for the port at the airport, spent much of my youth in that area. It's beautiful. There are plenty of parts of Oakland I would have no problem living in now.

Lololol

Because California is where these radical policies get exposed

And yet, the politicians refuse to change course

Newsom is only acting now because he’s eyeing the national stage

While Californians will vote for a garden slug as long as there’s a D behind their name, that shit won’t fly nationally

Denial isn’t just a river a in Mexico…

lol

It isn't as bad as it was in 80s and 90s, so you should ignore it. That's what I was told by my fellow Democrats.

Geez that's in Belmont Shore, I grew up there (literally made and brought home from the hospital a block from there). That's actually a pretty nice area and is mostly families. Although in Long Beach some places you go a few blocks and it can go from real nice to real sketchy, although that's not really the case there.

Likely people from North or West LB visiting the beach doing the shooting. The Beach area attracts some of the worst people, one of the reasons Huntington Beach went to shit and I'm always happy to just pay to go to Bolsa Chica, Crystal Cove or Laguna to avoid the riff-raff.

When is the last time you've been to HB? It's been upgraded huge with Pacific City, huge resorts like the Hyatt Regency, and 5th Street has been completely upgrade to high end dining and shopping as well. I was at the Brewery on the fully upgraded Main Street last night and the town was hopping and a ton of fun. The Poke Nachos are amazing.

Progressive Democrats are a cancer

“Threat to Democracy”

It isn't as bad as it was in 80s and 90s, so you should ignore it. That's what I was told by my fellow Democrats.

Who said to ignore it? Have I ever said that?

Democrats point out the reduction of violent crime as a response to Republicans hyperbole about how bad "blue" cities are (most cities are blue). Each side needs to say why the other side is bad, that's the game, and that's why everything takes so much time to fix.

Slightly on topic... Have you ever felt unsafe in Quebec? Even as a much younger man?

Bring in your own gang with you

Back