Elections DeSantis VS Newsom debate Tonight

Also gotta give future POTUS GavGOAT Newsom credit for having the balls of steel to debate Ron on his own terms on Fox with Hannity as the sole moderator. Most people never would have agreed, and actually went through, with terms like that.

Newsom didn't seem prepared and thought he could get by being slick. He got lit up by Meatball Ron. He needs to work on his game. Newsom got embarrassed repeatedly.

DeSantis KO'd Newsom early on with this line....

So I was talking to a fella who had made the move from California to Florida, and he was telling me that Florida is much better governed, safer, better budget, lower taxes, all this stuff. He's really happy with the quality of life, and then he paused and he said, "You know, by the way, I'm Gavin Newsom's father-in-law." So we do count Gavin's in-laws as some of the people that have fled California and come to the state of Florida. - Ron Desantis Embarrassing Gavin Newsom on live TV

It got worse and worse for Newsom as the night went on. He looked terrible as he was unable to answer any questions, he just went on he pre-canned diatribes.

Newsom didn't seem prepared and thought he could get by being slick. He got lit up by Meatball Ron. He needs to work on his game.
Ball was teed up for Ron but Ronny just cant think on his feet . So many times it was right there for him to go at an he just missed it. N looked like a deer in headlights.

Would have loved Newsome to of Debated Christie. That would of been fun but no chance Newso e would do that with Hannity on Fox .

Ball was teed up for Ron but Ronny just cant think on his feet . So many times it was right there for him to go at an he just missed it. N looked like a deer in headlights.

Would have loved Newsome to of Debated Christie. That would of been fun but no chance Newso e would do that with Hannity on Fox .

You must have been smoking weed or something. Meatball Ron KO'd my greasy governor in the 1st round with this line.

So I was talking to a fella who had made the move from California to Florida, and he was telling me that Florida is much better governed, safer, better budget, lower taxes, all this stuff. He's really happy with the quality of life, and then he paused and he said, "You know, by the way, I'm Gavin Newsom's father-in-law." So we do count Gavin's in-laws as some of the people that have fled California and come to the state of Florida. - Ron Desantis Embarrassing Gavin Newsom on live TV

That's, "thinking on your feet".

You must have been smoking weed or something. Meatball Ron KO'd my greasy governor in the 1st round with this line.

That's, "thinking on your feet".
I was smoking weed:) and yeah that line was his highlight of debate no doubt but to say that was him thinking on his feet <{hfved}>

Come on man that was planned so far in advance he likely practiced it for a week in front mirror.

I was smoking weed:) and yeah that line was his highlight of debate no doubt but to say that was him thinking on his feet <{hfved}>

Come on man that was planned so far in advance he likely practiced it for a week in front mirror.

Well, you have a few things right.... the weed and that nothing on that stage was "on the spot". Everything was rehearsed by both guys.

Newsom absolutely clowned DeSantis, but the facts were on his side for the most part, so he SHOULD have.

I don't quite get the purpose of this debate, though.
Huh. Newsom didnt answer questions, deflecting almost all of them, and when he did answer, he lied.

Newsom didn't seem prepared and thought he could get by being slick. He got lit up by Meatball Ron. He needs to work on his game. Newsom got embarrassed repeatedly.

It got worse and worse for Newsom as the night went on. He looked terrible as he was unable to answer any questions, he just went on he pre-canned diatribes.

Yeah there's no coming back from that one. If you just look at how the two states are doing under the governorship or each there's not much to argue about at all.

I’m not clear where those COVID states came from.
Heres the CDC stats on COVID deaths per 100K https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/pressroom/sosmap/covid19_mortality_final/COVID19.htm

CA is well ahead of FL, 99.9 to 111.7.

Edit: did they have a newer year than what I linked to?

You're correct that FL has significantly higher rates relative to its population however CA has more overall deaths. CA has roughly 25% more deaths despite being more than 100% higher in total population. But as politics go these were not the biggest exaggerations or lies. Both are technically right in some way.

In general I thought both did a decent job in the part that I watched towards the end.

I hate Newsom's smug/smirk that he does when the other person speaks. It makes him look like a giant dbag.

DeSantis needs to drop his 'stop bulling me' nonsense. It makes him look weak and pathetic. If he thought Newsom was bullying him, Trump will tear him a new asshole and tell him his wife and kids look like street dogs instead of the nice concluding remarks about being a good family man. Desantis looked decent overall however he needed to look at Newsom more.

I also wouldn't focus on crime because Florida has higher per capita crimes. No surprise given the 'Florida Man' stories and jokes. Yes SF/CA have not done a good job with crime but FL is not a great example either.

I hate Newsom for doing nothing as SF mayor except doing the at the time illegal gay marriage ceremonies which was largely virtue signaling and not helpful to the average San Franciscan, gay or straight. As governor he completely disregards 2nd amendment rights. I generally dislike him for being a slick/smug hypocritical asshole.

Newsom had the best zingers and looked like Reagan demolishing his opponent. The "neither one of us will be a party nominee in 2024" was a Desantis kneecapper.

Newsom came in as a Democratic surrogate and did a solid job talking up Biden's Chips act and Desantis accepting millions of dollars from that act. Newsom also did a good job pointing out Desantis is a hypocrite in that he backs clean energy with policies while at the same time pandering to the anti climate change crowd. Newsom also brought up the unpopular Desantis abortion bill.

Honestly it felt like both Biden and Haley paid Newsom to mention them and talk down to Desantis.

I thought Hannity was mostly fair and allowed both of them to speak, sometimes over each other which was annoying and grating. In my time, it was mostly Newsom talking over Desantis though I am sure they both did it at various points.

Ron can’t even smile. Dude is like Arnold in terminator 2 when asked to smile. Did trump jump on this yet? Ron busy banning books instead of prepping for a debate.

this florida?

lol @ anybody that thinks Ron "beat" Newsom. All that does is demonstrate extreme bias.
It wasn't close in the least.
But that belief does demonstrate that debates are absolutely useless to win over Maga, they aren't ruled by truth, or logic, so as I said initially, I don't get the purpose of the program...it was a waste of time watching Ron get dunked on repeatedly.

I suppose for the moderates/undecided?

WATCH: California Lawmaker Delivers Brutal Fact Check Following The Newsom And DeSantis Debate​

^another cheat sheet for those that need it. Newsom the bullshitter.

lol @ anybody that thinks Ron "beat" Newsom. All that does is demonstrate extreme bias.
It wasn't close in the least.
But that belief does demonstrate that debates are absolutely useless to win over Maga, they aren't ruled by truth, or logic, so as I said initially, I don't get the purpose of the program...it was a waste of time watching Ron get dunked on repeatedly.

I suppose for the moderates/undecided?
Laughing...... You'd be saying exactly the opposite of you had a little more testosterone and leaned right. What exactly is "Maga" I've not had one person actually answer me that question because I don't think anyone actually knows.

Back