General MMA Discussion & Future Lines- 2020

Galls jiu jitsu is better than rodrigues. He’s inactive off his back but his top game is good and he can scramble. It didn’t matter in that fight anyway

Williams take down defense is pretty average. Imamov took him down pretty easily and held him there if I remember correctly
IDK dude. I would never trust Gall against anyone somehow decent. He is not even that good at the thing he does better.

Galls jiu jitsu is better than rodrigues. He’s inactive off his back but his top game is good and he can scramble. It didn’t matter in that fight anyway

Williams take down defense is pretty average. Imamov took him down pretty easily and held him there if I remember correctly
Idk about all of that. Rodrigues has a lot of competition BJJ accomplishments. Isn't Gall's biggest accomplishment still the not getting subbed by a young Gordon Ryan?

Idk about all of that. Rodrigues has a lot of competition BJJ accomplishments. Isn't Gall's biggest accomplishment still the not getting subbed by a young Gordon Ryan?
What are his bjj accomplishments? Isn’t it a waste of time to talk about His jiu jitsu since he got ko’d in the first round?

anyway, is gall a better grappler than Jordan Williams? Is his jiu jitsu better?

people really underrating galls bjj. He’s Gracie black belt and a multiple naga champ

Last edited:
Forum being weird and not letting me quote you.

But I mean, you're the one who brought up the jiu jitsu. I'm just correcting you man, Gall has no significant BJJ accomplishments whatsoever.

https://www.fightbookmma.com/get-to...der-series-fighter-gregory-robocop-rodrigues/

^^^Thats give you a rundown. You can google/youtube "Gregory Rodrigues BJJ" if you want more insight. Dude made it to the Abu Dhabi finals vs Lovato in 2011 well before Gall's claim to fame of not getting subbed by a young Gordon Ryan. Safe to say hes the better grappler. Plus hes A LOT bigger.

Its all irrelevant when Williams smoked him and Gall likely can't take Williams down as well, but again, i'm just correcting you saying Gall's BJJ is better.

Forum being weird and not letting me quote you.

But I mean, you're the one who brought up the jiu jitsu. I'm just correcting you man, Gall has no significant BJJ accomplishments whatsoever.

https://www.fightbookmma.com/get-to...der-series-fighter-gregory-robocop-rodrigues/

^^^Thats give you a rundown. You can google/youtube "Gregory Rodrigues BJJ" if you want more insight. Dude made it to the Abu Dhabi finals vs Lovato in 2011 well before Gall's claim to fame of not getting subbed by a young Gordon Ryan. Safe to say hes the better grappler. Plus hes A LOT bigger.

Its all irrelevant when Williams smoked him and Gall likely can't take Williams down as well, but again, i'm just correcting you saying Gall's BJJ is better.
So you have watched and evaluated Rodrigues ground game?

and your sure Mickey gall has no jiu jitsu credentials?

Dude why are you still arguing this lol i've linked Rodrigues credentials and all you have to do is a simple google/youtube search if you want further insight into Gall not having better BJJ. Hes never competed for one world championship, got his black belt 2 years ago, while Rodrigues made it to the Abu Dhabi finals in 2011 against Lovato lol

Dude why are you still arguing this lol i've linked Rodrigues credentials and all you have to do is a simple google/youtube search if you want further insight into Gall not having better BJJ. Hes never competed for one world championship, got his black belt 2 years ago, while Rodrigues made it to the Abu Dhabi finals in 2011 against Lovato lol
It sure sounds to me like you’re wikicapping

And it sure sounds to me like you are someone who can't take being wrong and will defend yourself when you are no matter what.

Its not debatable dude. Rodrigues is a better BJJ competitor than Mickey Gall. If you want to stay ignorant even after i've linked some of Rodrigues' accomplishments, its very weird, but ok

And it sure sounds to me like you are someone who can't take being wrong and will defend yourself when you are no matter what.

Its not debatable dude. Rodrigues is a better BJJ competitor than Mickey Gall. If you want to stay ignorant even after i've linked some of Rodrigues' accomplishments, its very weird, but ok

I make mistakes all the time. I’ve been around here for a while and I’ve never seen you before so forgive me if I’m coming of as stubborn

what mma fights can you point me to that would show me how well his jiu jitsu has translated into mma?

when I taped him for the contender series fight, his jiu jitsu wasn’t something that stood out to me. I probably only taped his last 3-4 fights.

maybe he’s awesome at bjj and I just didn’t go back far enough. I don’t even care anymore. He’s not fighting and his bjj was a non factor vs Williams so it’s completely irrelevant

I just wanted to know how familiar you were with his bjj career and his opponents. There are so many nuisances in bjj that may not translate over to mma- no gi, heavier weight classes not being as deep with talent etc

Last edited:
I stated previously I don't think any of this relevant when Williams starched him and I don't see Gall getting take downs. But you were talking BJJ. There is no argument to be had there, Rodrigues is by far better at it than Gall. Its a multi time world champion in Rodrigues and a guy who got his black belt 2 yrs ago and has competed in zero black belt comps in Gall.

Young or not, going the distance with maybe the best no gi grappler of all tIme is nothing to sneeze at.

No one is sneezing at it my friend. And this is going to get weird if now two ppl are going to argue something thats not even close to being right lol but the thing I corrected was the other gentleman saying Gall has better BJJ than Rodrigues. Its just not even close to true for reasons stated in previous posts.

I doubt straight bjj is gonna come to play unless Gall catches him standing and follows to the ground. His stand up didn't look too bad vs Perry, maybe there's something there.
I wouldn't advice anyone playing Williams before the weigh ins. If he looks fine I'd favor him because I feel like Gall's offense won't be enough.

No one is sneezing at it my friend. And this is going to get weird if now two ppl are going to argue something thats not even close to being right lol but the thing I corrected was the other gentleman saying Gall has better BJJ than Rodrigues. Its just not even close to true for reasons stated in previous posts.

Gall maybe could have been a better grappler outside of MMA but yes I realize that for the sake of a discussion on an MMA fight it's a different story.

Gall maybe could have been a better grappler outside of MMA but yes I realize that for the sake of a discussion on an MMA fight it's a different story.
I’m just not sure how he’s so confident in saying that. I’m not familiar with Rodrigues bjj career but I know gall has won several naga world and grapplers quest championships.

I’m only commenting based on what I’ve seen from both of them and admittedly I didn’t go back deep in taping Rodrigues.

Hard to just look at a guys credentials and say he’s better.

Rodrigues was competing at heavy with a gi, I think, and gall is no gi.

I’ve asked him several times to explain his confidence but I haven’t really gotten an answer besides he won bjj world championships and placed second at Abu Dhabi.

I’m just not sure how he’s so confident in saying that. I’m not familiar with Rodrigues bjj career but I know gall has won several naga world and grapplers quest championships.

I’m only commenting based on what I’ve seen from both of them and admittedly I didn’t go back deep in taping Rodrigues.

I’ve asked him several times to explain his confidence but I haven’t really gotten an answer besides he won bjj world championships and placed second at Abu Dhabi.

The thing is that creds matter but guys sometimes stop training and competing in grappling when they start their MMA careers. So it's tough to even really compare grappling outside of MMA.

Having a competitive match with Gordon Ryan (even a younger and less...massive version) says a lot about a guy's grappling chops.

lol what do you mean you're not sure how i'm so confident? Do you understand how BJJ works? Gall won NAGA, an entry level tournament, in the blue belt category iirc. He got a black belt 2 years ago. I've said this many times now as an example and unless you don't understand jiu jitsu competitions i'm not sure how its not getting through, but Rodrigues made it to the Abu Dhabi finals in 2011 against Lovato Jr. Hes won WORLD black belt tournaments.

The fact you're bringing up gi, and ASSUMING its all Rodrigues competed in, is irritating cause it shows you were quicker to insult me than you were to just use google. Is it too much to ask you're educated on something if you're going to argue so vehemently for it to the point you insulted me? Or at least drop this cancerous mindset of feeling like you need to know it all with such admitted little information? Most of Rodrigues high level comp career, including the example above i've given you MANY times, was no gi......

Its not a discussion whos better on the mat. Its Rodrigues. Hes the world champion, not the guy who got a black belt two years ago and has never once competed in any sort of black belt competition.

Last edited:
The thing is that creds matter but guys sometimes stop training and competing in grappling when they start their MMA careers. So it's tough to even really compare grappling outside of MMA.

Having a competitive match with Gordon Ryan (even a younger and less...massive version) says a lot about a guy's grappling chops.
What does losing to Gordon Ryan in a blue belt match have to do with anything? Rodrigues vs Gall, whos got better jiu jitsu. Thats all this was about. And you keep bringing up this "credential" of Gall's like it makes this an argument. In what world is losing a blue belt match to the best ever before he was the best ever compare to multiple world championships and Abu Dhabi world placements?

What would people estimate the odds to be in Craig vs Gustafsson?

Back