General MMA Discussion & Future Lines - January, 2019

Depends. All fight pass prelims and exclusive events are available right away and ppvs are available to purchase but televised events can take weeks to be available on fightpass.

I see. I figured it was a little too good to be true when I saw Cejudo-TJ uploaded the very next day. Maybe it being streamed via ESPN allows for a quicker release on fightpass.

Depends. All fight pass prelims and exclusive events are available right away and ppvs are available to purchase but televised events can take weeks to be available on fightpass.

And when I logged in on that Sunday I saw Cejudo with the belt and all that so I imagine spoilers are a thing, eh? At least for the big news, titles, etc?

And when I logged in on that Sunday I saw Cejudo with the belt and all that so I imagine spoilers are a thing, eh? At least for the big news, titles, etc?
That's interesting. In the past there hasn't been anything like that. Promos for the fights were the same as on Fox. Posters and all. No spoilers that I can think of. Maybe well see more of cards bring uploaded quicker that are streamed via espn+.

Just checked and the main card plus the early prelims are still blacked out to me. I live in usa.

I think it's region specific. In Canada everything except PPV main cards are available on FP immediately

Cejudo held the belt before the fight. It wasn't a spoiler, just a coincidence.

Cejudo held the belt before the fight. It wasn't a spoiler, just a coincidence.

If you're making a joke, thats funny haha
If you aren't, it was a photo of him in the ring and I think it said champ-champ.

Liking the Kansas card.

Dariush is a level above Dober and will probably just use his grappling to dominate, will likely hit his sub line as well later on given Dober has been subbed in his last 2 losses. Looks like a standard case of a lackluster recent record making a fighter underrated even as a -175 fav.

Kunitskya isn't amazing but Reneau is seriously overrated after beating one of the biggest flakes in MMA McMann, she's 41 and terrible at winning rounds. Same as the Zingano fight this is just a bad match up, I'm a fan of hers and love her killer instinct and toughness but Yana won't just dive into triangles or turn into a punch bag late like Correira and Talita Bernardo. She's only ever lost by decision though so Reneau NSC could be great due to her high finishing rate and Yana being finished in her last 3 losses. I'll probably get a good amount on Yana's Dec line too, I don't see her being the first to finish Reneau.

Moraes if nothing else has great BJJ and decent enough TD's which against Martin whose TDD sucks should give him a pretty easy win over Martin whose hyped up after his last couple of fights ending in good looking finishes.

Anybody eyeing up any plays for LFA? Nothing standing out to me.

what do you guys think of rocco martin @1.57 to beat sergio moraes? really like this line.

LFA 59 Risk $100.00

Christian Aguilera (+165) vs David Michaud $100.00 for $165.00

Anybody eyeing up any plays for LFA? Nothing standing out to me.

You know me - I always play lol. Grabbed Madrid at his opening, Newell at +175, and parlayed Michaud + Phillips. As usual, I just capped the fights pre-odds. Favored Madrid outright as I think Seth is probably done. Newell/Gordon looked really hard to cap so I had it near evens. Aguilera has power, but I think he's outmatched everywhere technically. Phillips really shouldn't lose this fight anywhere.

You know me - I always play lol. Grabbed Madrid at his opening, Newell at +175, and parlayed Michaud + Phillips. As usual, I just capped the fights pre-odds. Favored Madrid outright as I think Seth is probably done. Newell/Gordon looked really hard to cap so I had it near evens. Aguilera has power, but I think he's outmatched everywhere technically. Phillips really shouldn't lose this fight anywhere.
On a slow Friday night I'm all over LFA too, but on a weekend like this with lots of cards in every combat sport it's hard to handicap LFA to the extent that I would wager on every bettable fight. I have to DVR it and watch it later most likely.

On a slow Friday night I'm all over LFA too, but on a weekend like this with lots of cards in every combat sport it's hard to handicap LFA to the extent that I would wager on every bettable fight. I have to DVR it and watch it later most likely.

I didn't really look into this card much until today. Honestly, I don't like the new 10 PM start time. It's a struggle for me to stay up which probably kills my enthusiasm.

I didn't really look into this card much until today. Honestly, I don't like the new 10 PM start time. It's a struggle for me to stay up which probably kills my enthusiasm.
Yeah, AXS TV pushed their cards back to 10 pm like it used to be before a couple of years ago and meanwhile ESPN has pushed UFC cards up to an earlier start time. I like the later times because I rarely have to get up early.

what do you guys think of rocco martin @1.57 to beat sergio moraes? really like this line.
It's a pass to me personally. I like Rocco, made some good money from his win over Jake. But Sergio is tougher challenge than everybody he faced so far in his new weightclass. Still I think he is going to win, but the odds are not good enough to bet him. Wait till he gets closer to pick 'em odds and bet.

Kunitskya isn't amazing but Reneau is seriously overrated after beating one of the biggest flakes in MMA McMann, she's 41 and terrible at winning rounds. Same as the Zingano fight this is just a bad match up, I'm a fan of hers and love her killer instinct and toughness but Yana won't just dive into triangles or turn into a punch bag late like Correira and Talita Bernardo. She's only ever lost by decision though so Reneau NSC could be great due to her high finishing rate and Yana being finished in her last 3 losses. I'll probably get a good amount on Yana's Dec line too, I don't see her being the first to finish Reneau.

I hate betting on 41 year-old fighters, but Reneau is one of the top 3-4 strikers in all of WMMA with a dangerous guard game who is betrayed by having arguably the worst TDD in the entirety of the UFC.

Kunitskaya just plain sucks. Her stand-up is horrendous and Reneau should land at will. Kunitskaya's wrestling is very average, although likely enough to get Reneau down a few times. Still, her only "offense" from the top is a can-opener.

I can see passing on the fight, but I definitely wouldn't bet Kunitskaya on favorite odds.

I hate betting on 41 year-old fighters, but Reneau is one of the top 3-4 strikers in all of WMMA with a dangerous guard game who is betrayed by having arguably the worst TDD in the entirety of the UFC.

Kunitskaya just plain sucks. Her stand-up is horrendous and Reneau should land at will. Kunitskaya's wrestling is very average, although likely enough to get Reneau down a few times. Still, her only "offense" from the top is a can-opener.

I can see passing on the fight, but I definitely wouldn't bet Kunitskaya on favorite odds.
I think your overrating Reneau's striking a lot. She's good but top 3-4 is a huge stretch. Cyborg, Nunes, Shevchenko, Holm, Joanna, Rose, Ansaroff, GDR etc. are all far better. Reneau is just way too happy off her back but not actually anywhere near effective enough against a semi-competent fighter and everyone of her opponents knows to just expect the same triangle she always goes for. Her fight IQ is just awful as well pulling guard on an ADCC gold medalist like Zingano.

Don't get me wrong, I really like Reneau, a 40 something full time teacher still going out and beating up girls like Sara McMann is awesome but a girl like Yana who while not exceptional is easily well rounded enough to win a decision comfortably. I was also a bit concerned with stuff like Yana's loss in 2016 but after watching it I'm really not, the fight should of been stopped way before with Yana winning by TKO from mount twice and then she hit an armbar too all in 3 minutes. She then just got so wild trying to get the finish (the ref just didn't want to stop it) and she left her arm out and got caught.

The striking should be competitive but then Yana's takedowns and top time should allow her to cruise to a decision, all she has to do is play it safe on top and its an easy win. It's not like anyone's ever had a problem taking down Reneau or that her guard is that dangerous, she just actually has a BJJ black belt which against most of the trash she faced for a big deal. As only a slight fav I think Yana is a pretty solid bet all though as I said Reneau NSC or sub could be an easy hedge.

Back