General MMA Discussion & Future Lines - March, 2018

Been getting multiple warnings lately from dimes for betting erroneous lines

Chandler +280 primus -400

Yea I thought the line was off, but I don’t watch bellator enough to think it should’ve been flipped

Primus is undefeated, champ and stopped chandler in their last fight

I don’t think primus at +280 is right either. Don’t think chandler should be -400.

But that’s the line they set, so I bet primus after they voided my chandler bet

Going to have to withdraw most of my funds from dimes. I have no problem betting at another book.

My job as a bettor is to bet lines I think are wrong

Pisses me off

Elias opens at +175 against Anders. That line should’ve been flipped but dimes didn’t think that was erroneous. Was I not supposed to bet that? Turned out to be highly profitable for me

How about you clowns take a second to make sure the line is right before you post it. Ridiculous

Honestly, I think Chandler should be higher than -400. Did you watch their first fight? Primus didn't stop Chandler. Chandler twisted his own ankle. Primus honestly got lucky with the Santos decision. He lost on 6 out of 7 play by plays. I think Chandler starches him and is never in danger throughout the fight.

Honestly, I think Chandler should be higher than -400. Did you watch their first fight? Primus didn't stop Chandler. Chandler twisted his own ankle. Primus honestly got lucky with the Santos decision. He lost on 6 out of 7 play by plays. I think Chandler starches him and is never in danger throughout the fight.

Agreed. Chandler -400 or even lower seems accurate. He closed -870 last time and like you said that was a very fluky loss.

I also caught that +280 opener and maxed it without thinking, then immediately realized it had to be an error. I got the same warning e-mail that @ill800 did shortly after. I don't have a problem with them canceling a wager if they made a mistake but the tone of the e-mail is unnecessary IMO. I've heard they've even threatened to withhold funds for hitting too many bad lines so it's something we have to be careful about unfortunately.

In fairness the calf kick Primus delivered injured his leg, it wasn't just Chandler rolling it on his own. I'm going to start a Bellator 212 thread soon, when Sherdog updates their card lineup.

I would completely disagree about cardio being the easiest aspect to improve. Probably the hardest thing to improve. It takes extreme dedication, hard work and consistency.

We've seen guys that gassed horribly early in the second come out in their very next fights and look fine throughout the third. All the time.

If the only advantage you're giving Cyborg here is cardio, calling her a -215 to -240 favorite is rather extreme, no? Anywho, we will see all this in less than 3 weeks, as I'm anticipating a close fight either way.

We've seen guys that gassed horribly early in the second come out in their very next fights and look fine throughout the third. All the time.

If the only advantage you're giving Cyborg here is cardio, calling her a -215 to -240 favorite is rather extreme, no? Anywho, we will see all this in less than 3 weeks, as I'm anticipating a close fight either way.

I give her advantages in everything. She’s better at everything nunes does.

Nunes is just younger

That’s about it

I give her advantages in everything. She’s better at everything nunes does.

Cyborg's leg kicks are worse and she throws them in a more naked, easy to counter manner. Her straight right hand, in terms of technique, speed, and not being telegraphed, is worse, thanks to the hitch where she raises her elbow up first.

Nunes is a better grappler technically in the clinch. A great many other supposed "advantages" Nunes does every bit as well as Cyborg does.

Cyborg's leg kicks are worse and she throws them in a more naked, easy to counter manner. Her straight right hand, in terms of technique, speed, and not being telegraphed, is worse, thanks to the hitch where she raises her elbow up first.

Nunes is a better grappler technically in the clinch. A great many other supposed "advantages" Nunes does every bit as well as Cyborg does.

I’m saying cyborg has better jiu jitsu, better stand up, better clinch, better chin and probably better wrestling

Cardio is better
Physically stronger
Bigger
More power in strikes

You can find little things nunes does better if that makes you feel better about your bet.

Last edited:
I’m saying cyborg has better jiu jitsu, better stand up, better clinch, better chin and probably better wrestling

Based on what? Anyone can claim whatever ridiculous thing you want, like "McGregor has better wrestling than Khabib!", but can you provide any actual evidence of this?

Because Cyborg having better jits or from a technical standpoint, better stand-up is a pure fantasy unrelated to anything we've seen in their respective fights.

ill800 said:
You can find little things nunes does better if that makes you feel better about your bet.

I'm perfectly happy with my bet, thanks. I think it's hilarious you're arguing with me while having such a poor memory and/or understanding of what either fighter does.

Notice how I'm mentioning specifics about their games while you're speaking in broad generalities ("better stand up")?

Your post could just as easily have been written by someone Wiki-capping the fight.

But he clearly doesn't. His bet posts are usually on point.

That's my whole point. Without taking his previous bets into account, which are indeed solid, and going solely by his reasoning, it reads like surface-level Wiki-capping.

Past success is never a reason to get lazy.

Soccer Steve said:
Not everything has to be an argument man.

You confidently wrote this after pages and pages of arguing with people in the UFC 231 topic?

Been getting multiple warnings lately from dimes for betting erroneous lines

Chandler +280 primus -400

Yea I thought the line was off, but I don’t watch bellator enough to think it should’ve been flipped

Primus is undefeated, champ and stopped chandler in their last fight

I don’t think primus at +280 is right either. Don’t think chandler should be -400.

But that’s the line they set, so I bet primus after they voided my chandler bet

Going to have to withdraw most of my funds from dimes. I have no problem betting at another book.

My job as a bettor is to bet lines I think are wrong

Pisses me off

Elias opens at +175 against Anders. That line should’ve been flipped but dimes didn’t think that was erroneous. Was I not supposed to bet that? Turned out to be highly profitable for me

How about you clowns take a second to make sure the line is right before you post it. Ridiculous
First fight Chandler was like -1300. Had some weird injury, couldn't put weight on his leg. His ankle gave out Everytime he tried. So he was hopping around on one leg and still nearly kod Primus. When there was a break in action ref stopped it called the doc and he said no go. Chandler should be a big fav.

First fight Chandler was like -1300. Had some weird injury, couldn't put weight on his leg. His ankle gave out Everytime he tried. So he was hopping around on one leg and still nearly kod Primus. When there was a break in action ref stopped it called the doc and he said no go. Chandler should be a big fav.
Problem I have betting on Chandler is that he is super hittable and gets wobbled/hurt all the time.
The guy has a really good chin and is pure heart and get away a lot with that because he is super dangerous himself.
I dont think Primus is the guy to explode that to be honest..

One Championship signs U.S. TV deal with TNT, 24 cards to air (supposedly) live in 2019. Hopefully we get lots more odds on these, especially with their Western signings like DJ, Eddie & Sage. Will be interesting to see if they really air live at 5:30 am to 8 am ET like usual or if they adjust the local times in Asia so they start in the afternoon/evening here:

http://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/...ship-air-turner-sports-channels-united-states

Correction from Ariel, these One Championship cards will be streamed live behind a paywall on another streaming service called Bleacher Report Live for $9.99/month apparently, not on TNT on tv. TNT will show some taped delayed events and ancillary programming.

No one is signing up for yet another streaming service. What are they thinking?! DAZN, ESPN+, Fight Pass just for fights on top of Netflix, Youtube, Amazon, Hulu, Stan, Kayo and so on (don't have all these just listing how many there are)...

I'm in Australia where almost none of this programming is shown so have to find 'alternative services' anyway but no one is paying more subscriptions. Awful idea

No one is signing up for yet another streaming service. What are they thinking?! DAZN, ESPN+, Fight Pass just for fights on top of Netflix, Youtube, Amazon, Hulu, Stan, Kayo and so on (don't have all these just listing how many there are)...

I'm in Australia where almost none of this programming is shown so have to find 'alternative services' anyway but no one is paying more subscriptions. Awful idea

Agreed. The market is already ridiculously saturated.

No way TNT holds a candle to the mainstream streaming services in terms of overall content and their OneFC events are a freaking joke compared to what DAZN or Fight Pass offers.

M-1 and some other russian Organization

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-12-12 at 11.27.47 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-12-12 at 11.27.47 AM.png
    21.7 KB · Views: 2
  • Screen Shot 2018-12-12 at 11.27.58 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-12-12 at 11.27.58 AM.png
    102.5 KB · Views: 2
This is the guy thiago is fighting

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181212-142727_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20181212-142727_Chrome.jpg