International German Farmers fight back against the government.

Yes, 100% we should get behind the people that grow all of the food for everyone.

Much more so than soft baby-handed dweebs doing it for social media clout.
Even people in Germany who agree with them are condemning the protest tactics
Justice Minister Marco Buschmann wrote that “violence against people or objects has no place in the political argument! This discredits the cause of many farmers who demonstrate peacefully.”

“I share farmers’ concerns, but this transgression is absolutely unacceptable,” Hendrik Wüst, the governor of North Rhine-Westphalia state and a member of Germany’s main conservative opposition bloc, wrote on X. “It damages the farmers’ justified cause and must have consequences.”

German Farmers Association President Joachim Rukwied said in a statement Friday that “blockades of this kind are a no-go.” He added that “personal attacks, abuse, threats, coercion or violence are just not right,” and that his association respects politicians’ privacy.
https://apnews.com/article/germany-...e-chancellor-cbf230e105db1ed65a145902179e4f05

Btw if you want to know why they're protesting(I'm almost certain you don't) its because the government wants to cut agricultural subsidies
Chancellor OIaf Scholz’s unpopular government angered farmers in December by announcing plans to cut agricultural subsidies as part of a package to fill a 17-billion-euro ($18.6-billion) hole in the 2024 budget. Farmers staged a protest with tractors in Berlin and called for more demonstrations next week

On Thursday, the government announced a partial about-turn. It said it would retain an exemption from car tax for farming vehicles and would stagger planned reductions in tax breaks for diesel used in agriculture.

The German Farmers Association quickly said that the change didn’t go far enough. It said it was still demanding that both proposals be reversed and it would stick to its planned protests.
I think blindly supporting farmers because of this nostalgic view of rustic living is wrong and you should try to evaluate their grievances on a case by case basis. Here I can't say that they seem to be in the right. Not only are their tactics a bit much for me, they're also in service of bad policy.

https://apnews.com/article/germany-...e-chancellor-cbf230e105db1ed65a145902179e4f05

Btw if you want to know why they're protesting(I'm almost certain you don't) its because the government wants to cut agricultural subsidies

I think blindly supporting farmers because of this nostalgic view of rustic living is wrong and you should try to evaluate their grievances on a case by case basis. Here I can't say that they seem to be in the right. Not only are their tactics a bit much for me, they're also in service of bad policy.

Some people are all about the working man until it's time to be about the working man.

<Fedor23>

I think Paul Mooney said that.

When BLM or Climate Change protesters block traffic it is demonized by the right. When these farmers, the Canadian truckers and the yellow-vest protesters in France engage in similar behavior the populist right's reaction ranges from support to shrugging it off.

I guess it's better than Austrian painters fighting the German government

A township not far from me is extending public water & sewage, running it to homes that have wells and septic systems. They've said everyone will be forced to switch, like it or not.

If we only really knew the level corruption in our governments.........

Some people are all about the working man until it's time to be about the working man.

<Fedor23>

I think Paul Mooney said that.
When you speak of the working man I really hope you're not referring to wealthy farmers throwing a tantrum because their subsidies are being cut.

The first murderer in the Bible was a farmer.

A township not far from me is extending public water & sewage, running it to homes that have wells and septic systems. They've said everyone will be forced to switch, like it or not.

If we only really knew the level corruption in our governments.........

Wow, they can get fucked with that. Deny them access to your property. Stay strapped.

People discovering that big ass vehicles make the ultimate disrupt but don’t hurt anyone protesting tools has been hilarious

Well… I wouldn’t say spraying fertilzer on government buildings is nothing

Can’t find that video now… but fuck me… you know it smelled like shit

Soi boi take

Lolz

People who vote for corporatists who view farmers as dumb easily-manipulated peasants: "yeah we totally support these farmers!! They're the salt of the Earth."

Get f*cked...harder than the farmers and miners do under right wing Governance

Most people relate with blue collar truckers and farmers

Environmentalists are annoying shit stains that contribute Jack shit to society
So you are saying that the majority has a bias against people that are different from them, and therefore can’t be impartial with their treatment of the minority, and this is acceptable.

People actually need truckers and famers you goof. Those "environmentalists" are shit stains that don't contribute.
So it’s the messenger of the protest and not the means of protest. So if you disagree with a group of protestors, their means of protest doesn’t make sense and you won’t agree with it. Got it. So you are biased. Makes sense.

These guys gonna borrow Trudeau’s Nazi Flag?
That sum bitch going to tax Canadians to death. Life is expensive as hell in Canada because of his incompetence and now he's sneaking new taxes in this year and quadrupling the carbon tax on farmers and everyone else. Ever sentence he says he says he's "fighting climate change" as his excuse to tax the fuck out of everybody.

So it’s the messenger of the protest and not the means of protest. So if you disagree with a group of protestors, their means of protest doesn’t make sense and you won’t agree with it. Got it. So you are biased. Makes sense.

I'd rather subsidize food and the supply chain, than promoting new inefficient energy sources that make billionaires even more wealthy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back