Social Ghosting huge problem for companies today.

Gotten? Like I’m on the payroll or I’m freaking out?

Shit jobs could be better if they paid more. No shit? The issue isn’t the pay. The issue is with consumers. Regular people had a hard enough time justifying buying fresh produce before all of this shit went down. Raising the wage on seasonal labor only makes the problem worse. Face it, there are just some jobs where cheap labor is desirable for everyone. Many of the wealthiest nations have access to cheap labor markets and use them because the average consumer is unwilling to pay a premium. Hell people are going nuts because inflation is up. People near border states benefit from cheap home prices because most of the time it’s built using migrant workers. Same goes for produce or meat. If we got rid of all 11 million migrant workers at once, the entire system would go to shit.

It’s a political issue the right uses to strike fear in the base that suddenly migrant workers will be building cars at a GM plant. That’s not how it works but politicians do a wonderful job framing it that way.

The GOP had the chance from 2016-2018 to pass meaningful immigration reform but instead lowered taxes for the rich. There’s a reason why.

You know we have indexes for food prices right? The rampant illegal problem in the US is so helpful to reducing prices that a chunk of Europe, Canada, Scandinavia and Australia all have lower food prices than the US. It's almost like there's no benefit whatsoever and it's a feel-good narrative of bullshit.

dining-out-and-eating-in-Asset_2.png

You know we have indexes for food prices right? The rampant illegal problem in the US is so helpful to reducing prices that a chunk of Europe, Canada, Scandinavia and Australia all have lower food prices than the US. It's almost like there's no benefit whatsoever and it's a feel-good narrative of bullshit.

That's interesting. I always thought groceries were cheaper in the US. Australia is certainly very expensive by regional standards (labour costs, transportation costs and rental/real estate prices being the main factors). Looking at just direct price conversions for flour, milk and bread US prices seem significantly cheaper. I guess their median pay is just that much worse.

That’ll show the man! Being the entitled and lazy generation wasn’t enough, it’s time to be an all around piece of shit.

like most of these ghosters have the years of experience with bad employers to even justify the actions. I get it, a lot of places deserve payback. But the restaurants around me that are shut because they can’t hire are mom and pop places that have always paid competitively and treats their employees well. Yesterday we went to one of my favorite places and they only had one server as two no showed and were backed up and turning people away.

My favorite local steakhouse is offering 70k for the head hostess and can’t fill that or part timers. This young generation doesn’t want to work, they’ve been indoctrinated and believe the government should give them money for being born. Why? Because the Dem Reich did just that and gave money to every Tom Dick and Harry to stay at home for 18 months because .00000001% chance of getting hospitalized was out there

That’ll show the man! Being the entitled and lazy generation wasn’t enough, it’s time to be an all around piece of shit.

like most of these ghosters have the years of experience with bad employers to even justify the actions. I get it, a lot of places deserve payback. But the restaurants around me that are shut because they can’t hire are mom and pop places that have always paid competitively and treats their employees well. Yesterday we went to one of my favorite places and they only had one server as two no showed and were backed up and turning people away.

My favorite local steakhouse is offering 70k for the head hostess and can’t fill that or part timers. This young generation doesn’t want to work, they’ve been indoctrinated and believe the government should give them money for being born. Why? Because the Dem Reich did just that and gave money to every Tom Dick and Harry to stay at home for 18 months because .00000001% chance of getting hospitalized was out there
it's because people have be susceptible to the propaganda pushed in the last year and a half, in that short amount of time, the minds of the public have been poisoned.

saw the piece on crowderbits that 41% of democrats , 35% of independents, and 28% of republicans thought there was a 50% hospitalization rate with covid.......... that's like the majority of people that think for ever two people that got covid, one was hospitalized. The public is still scared silly over this shit.

First off I’m not comparing it to other nations. Second, do you understand economics? If you raise the price of labor it has a direct effect on the price of goods. Citizens would demand a higher wage because they won’t do it for minimum wage. We got down to a low of 3% unemployment which included migrant workers. What do you think happens when you remove that workforce? Labor shortage, wages go up, prices go up.

I didn't think our boomers would go that deep on corporations. Thanks for proving me wrong. Are the nurses ghosting the hospital lazy too now? People will only take shit for so long before enough is enough, why is that so difficult to understand?

Im not sure what the prices are in the us currently, but i used to go to michigan and ny to get groceries when i could because it was cheaper in both states than canada. I can get 36 eggs in the usa for 3.50 .... its like 4.00 for 12 here.

A big problem I see is that the two week notice has been weaponized against workers. Far too many have given their notice to be told no you're gone now, leaving them with out pay for that time or have had their new opportunity sabotaged by their former employer. In this day and age I'd say it's far safer for an individual to just walk away.

LOL what comes around goes around...- They wanted a world with no accountability. No loyalty to workers. Fire at will. They never thought about what it would be like if workers did it too.

Recruiters in several industries say they've never seen anything like it.

"We are in such desperate need that I would literally hire anyone that passes the background check," said one food-service recruiter who is currently trying to staff a large food-service contract. Insider agreed to not publish her name or client.

In the past six weeks alone, she told Insider, she scheduled 58 interviews for jobs ranging from $14 to $20 per hour, of which 27 candidates actually showed up. From there she scheduled eight for onboarding after they passed a background check, only to have just five show up for work. Of those five, three have ghosted her leaving only two out of the original 58 she considered.

"We're just understaffed and barely keeping our heads above water and I'm at a complete loss as to how to fix it," she said.

The manager of a spa and fitness center at a California country club said she has had eight new hires ghost her this year so far, even after she specifically talks about ghosting in her onboarding process and asks that workers stay in communication with her, especially if they want to quit.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/mar...king-away-from-a-job/ar-AAOBCoa?ocid=msedgntp
I have considered taking up a side gig at a fast food place, just to get $20/hr to was plates for 5 hrs on the weekend. easy $100 to put into digital currency every week

There's no "labour shortage", the shortage is because the listings for entry level job positions all look something like:

- PhD in the field, or equivalent education
- 10 years experience in a similar position
- 10 years experience using this specific, obscure software that has only existed for 2 years
- Minimum wage

Fuck these muppets. If they were legally allowed to export ALL their job positions to lowly paid slaves in third-world countries, they would.

I just got done looking for jobs in IT and my experience was the exact opposite. All entry level jobs required a year or 2 experience. Which most of the time can be bypassed with a good interview showing you know your shit.

The amount of jobs requiring degrees has drastically decreased. Out of like 50 jobs with 7+ years of experience needed maybe like 3 absolutely required it. The rest were all willing to supplement job experience for it.

Germany has cheaper groceries than America??? Since when?

Never ghosted a company but I’ve sure had HR departments that just ghosted me and didn’t have the decency to tell me I was out of the running. I remember interviewing at one place, then a month later interviewing at a second place that I eventually took a job with. A month into working there, I get a call from the first place (two months after the first interview) saying I got the job and when can I start. I was honestly stunned they somehow thought someone would assume they were still being considered that long afterwards. I obviously told them I could take the offer and the person was pissed. I’m pretty sure what happened is they hired a different candidate, they bailed after a few weeks cause the employer was terrible and then they scrambled and tried grabbing a second, third, etc choice. Really think I dodge a bullet though cause at one point I thought I wanted to work there out of the places I interviewed at.

Honestly, it’s nice seeing a tighter labor market. Wages had been stagnant for a long time until maybe the past three years there were some signs we’d see increases. I thought covid might fuck that all up but it just seems like it temporarily delayed it and we still will see it.

Mixed feelings here. This is obviously bad for the economy. However, I have no sympathy for shitty employers or the culture that has created such jaded and entitled people.

Tell every child they're special, unique, and perfect just the way they are, then treat them like dog shit when they show up to the first day of work. Good idea.

What's entitled about it? If companies are allowed to fire at will then workers are allowed to quit at will. I don't hear anyone calling Walmart entitled when it lays off thousand people to balance out its books.

What's entitled about it? If companies are allowed to fire at will then workers are allowed to quit at will. I don't hear anyone calling Walmart entitled when it lays off thousand people to balance out its books.
Quitting a job doesn't make necessarily mean that you have entitlement issues. A feeling of entitlement could certainly lead to someone quitting a job, though.

Hoping to find new job myself and checking out ads.
I am seeing a lot of:
"Arrive on time daily. Every. Day."

Currently working from home as are my co workers and the amount of late ppl for a 9am shift...holy shit.

Imagine being proud of being a slave lol

You take pride in being paid less and having worse working conditions

Human logic 101

Back