PBP GLORY 91 Paris: Semeleer vs Kwasi, Sat. April 27 at 2pm ET/11am PT/20:00 CET, PBP Thread

Who wins the Welterweight Championship-fight?

• Total voters
I'd agree but the UFC and boxing let fighters get away with all kinds of bullshit. Ref let Haney clinch forever last weekend. Refs in the UFC let guys eye poke to their hearts content and fence grab.
Sure but guys in Kickboxing ignore refs to the point to having getting dragged off their opponents on the regular. This is now new or anything, I went to smaller Kickboxing events and saw mass brawls and the like.
It is just the nature of the beast. Kickboxing in europe is a bit like USA prisons, people form gangs along racial/ethnic/religious whatever the fuck lines and their guy in the ring is the same as a football team for Hooligans. Just in this case it is trained killers and their teams and usually a lot of small time crooks aside from the normal crowd.

Imagine Herb tells a person to stop hitting their opponent and they keep going until Herb has to drag them away. Would almost always an immediate DQ. Boxing can be similar especially in Europe in regards to this, not too long ago there was a mass brawl after a LHW boxing fight in Austria.

Wow Kwasi is so strong and unorthodox, not an easy fight for anyone.
I honestly think he would do even better in Muay Thai if he is allowed to use Elbows with his weird style.
Upset for sure but Kwasi is an unique fighter.

I feel like Semeleer should have maybe drilled the over hand right with the way Kwasi moves forward in an upright stance it looks like it would really be effective
Easier said than done, Kwasi has such a weird lanky frame especially for WW and the way he keeps his lead hand out makes it hard to keep him away.

Easier said than done, Kwasi has such a weird lanky frame especially for WW and the way he keeps his lead hand out makes it hard to keep him away.
Easier said than done yeah, but I'm sure someone will be able to pull it off at some point.

Easier said than done yeah, but I'm sure someone will be able to pull it off at some point.
No doubt, Kwasi is a physical fighter a more prepared Semeleer could easily win the rematch.
Kwasi is anything but a 100% technical sound fighter but he seems to have this crazy power for the weight class.

He is also a lot more successful than his brother. Him vs Hamicha would be a great fight, Hamicha definitely has the power to put Kwasi away early.

Semeleer claims he was hit by an illegal strike (first knockdown) and wants a rematch.
I think he deserves and will get the rematch regardless if it was an illegal strike or not.
I hope the winner of Overmeer-Hristov will fight Hamicha, and the winner of that match will then get a title shot.
@BoxerMaurits what do you think?

Back