News Glory: Overeem vs Hari III in October

Who would’ve thought they could induct multi champions who have some connection with the local crowd.

Badr vs Overeem: both weak chins and should be retired, the 1st who lands a hard headhunting combination takes the gold

Theres a chance of Overeem knocking badr in a coinflip slugfest or going to the 2nd round when Badr is already gassed.

Another BS decision for Van Soest.

props on Hari losing but nothing give up on this one

It's over if Overeem wants to end it. Hari was out of gas early in the 3rd.

both of those old mans would be messed up against a gatekeeper like Adegbuyi and Wilnis, and especially against a top level guy like Ben Saddik

Got up early on a Sunday to watch the PPV in Australia.

Both guys did not look very fluid in the beginning, Alistair was switching and taking angles but not letting his left body kick go at all which was weird.
Lucky for him Ubereem made Hari wary of his power and got his rhythm in round 3.

Great inside boxing to score a couple of knockdowns.

Well, it was a really good card, well organized. Some thoughts:

1. The best fight for me was Maslobojev vs Tank. Those guys fought like lions with heavy damage. The Levi fight was also good.

2. I was upset with the introduction of Schilt into Glory Hall of Fame. Not because he would not deserve to be recognized as maybe the best but because he belongs to the K-1 era. He is not a product of Glory. He had very few fights in Glory and that was a long long time ago. My opinion is that Glory should introduce into HOF fighters who had a longstanding career in Glory not former legends of the sport. Who is next? Peter Aerts? He had also some fights in Glory... Bonjasky? After more than 10 years Glory cannot find a single fighter who started and ended his career within the organization?

3. The Badr/Overeem fight was so and so. I got excited of course but after the first two rounds I was like... Why is Badr not punishing Reem for lowering his head so low?? He should have kneed the hell out the Reem`s head . Badr was not in the fight mentally... I think that he has decided before the fight that if he looses this one, he will retire. The decision maybe came as a surprise to Ruddman and Core Hemmers. There was a shot with their sour faces after Badr declared his retirement. The cash cow is gone, Glory :)))) . On a more serious note, it was evident for some time that Badr does not enjoy fighting anymore. He is not focused anymore he is there only for the money and maybe he wants to genuinly help Glory to attract more audience. In this fight he ate one or two uppercuts but notice that the side punches to his head did that most damage. Reem was very big and in good shape but I am not convinced about his technique. He would certainly loose against any of the top 5 in the HW division. This was a sort of exhibition match between the two legends of the sport.

Last edited:
Wasn't the greatest technical kickboxing match obviously
(especially reem coming in ducking low)
but I enjoyed the hell out of it, glad Reem won.
And kudos to Hari for the post fight, not a fan of the fake rivalries

Back