Glory postpones next two events due to coronavirus

Lower availability of medical resources is also probably raising the fatality rate.

Lower availability of medical resources is also probably raising the fatality rate.
According to the same website, out of currently infected the rate of serious cases is 6%. I don't think more people are dying than there are serious cases.

But yes defitely the mortality rate will probably go up when hospitals get overloaded. Also, it will probably be higher once it reaches pandemic levels in SEA, Africa, South America etc.

A plague on our society. I just hope Trump, Putin and other bastards will realize we are nothing and nothing than humans. Trump is 73, he will be in a coffin down under soon. Same the Iranians.

According to the same website, out of currently infected the rate of serious cases is 6%. I don't think more people are dying than there are serious cases.

It's suddenly gone up from 8% to 10% in just a couple of days, and most of the recent deaths are Europeans... 475 died in Italy today for instance.

It's suddenly gone up from 8% to 10% in just a couple of days, and most of the recent deaths are Europeans... 475 died in Italy today for instance.
4% of all confirmed cases, 10% of cases with an outcome. The real number of infected people is probably a lot higher though.

Spain with 14,769 cases and 638 deaths. For example in my country there were pretty much the same cases of season flu, 55 deaths.

The Brits are still testing the group immunity? Because they have many victims.

So far the best measure is testing and testing.

4% of all confirmed cases, 10% of cases with an outcome. The real number of infected people is probably a lot higher though.

It doesn't make much sense to calculate the percentage of death among confirmed cases since a big chunk of them are new cases that just popped the last few days. The percentage of death among closed cases is more accurate as those people are either recovered or dead. For sure the percentage of death among ALL infected is definitely much lower since tons of people go undetected or don't go to hospital because they have small symptoms. But among those who need medical are / have been detected it's good to know how many recover vs how many die.

It would be best if we saw a stat for deaths of those 2-3 weeks after infection, but for now it seems to be at least 4%. It seems the gap between it and SARS was overstated because covid19 is getting pretty close to it.

Well if you look at the countries in which most have recovered, in China death percentage was 4%, and most have recovered already.

I was seriously considering putting a few bucks down on some of the matches at the Haru 2020 Sumo Basho that just ended yesterday since there was almost nothing else to bet. #DegenProblems

They didn"t confirm yet the postponement of Badr vs. Adegbuyi?

The question is how will they fucking restart without fans? Because not even Glory affords that.

The question is how will they fucking restart without fans? Because not even Glory affords that.
Look no further than UFCs recent event last night. Even ONE Championship held a show behind closed doors. It's time to bring glory back.

UFC actually makes money from tv broadcasts though. No idea what kind of contractual requirements Glory might have for providing x number of shows in a given time, but at least outside of any reqs like that, not being able to make ticket revenue might be a big enough blow for Glory to just prevent doing any shows.

Not sure if they'd have an obvious partner that'd provide them with a "free" venue like Bellator/Wu Lin Feng or Kunlun either, so they could be in a bit tough place overall.

UFC are basically the only promotion in the world with a broadcast deal good enough they can run entirely without needing live gates
I dont expect any Western shows to be back for a while

The UFC is having to build infrastructure on a private island in order to do international fights. Glory is basically an international product, no way do they have the financial backing to do this and like Shadess mentioned they most likely are dependent on ticket revenue to make putting on events worthwile. They really can't replicate anything the UFC is doing. I don't expect to see Glory for quite a while. Who knows, this could potentially end them, but I'm not quite ready to go that far.

The UFC is having to build infrastructure on a private island in order to do international fights. Glory is basically an international product, no way do they have the financial backing to do this and like Shadess mentioned they most likely are dependent on ticket revenue to make putting on events worthwile. They really can't replicate anything the UFC is doing. I don't expect to see Glory for quite a while. Who knows, this could potentially end them, but I'm not quite ready to go that far.
Yeah, I was thinking the same about 2-3 weeks ago! Bringing also us on the island. I guess maxim 1500 fans would do it, to look like a great event if the studio and the angle of filming would be great. Certainly Glory focuses on ticket sale, so we will not see Glory like UFC. Only if Glory would manage somehow to sign new TV deals... But honestly without fans would not look good!

Back