Google Stadia ***Update: Google shutting down the service***

i don't think profit was involved in his argument, though. funny enough.

Im trying to be humane here. Its why my reply to him about Stadia having lag free client/dedicated servers i didnt post.

You seem to be arguing that youtube was terrible because video streaming quality wasn't as good as it is now. That's like arguing the NES was terrible. Not a legit argument

Youtube was amazing at the time, regardless of the streaming quality at the time. And it had nothing to do with Google. It was the experience. It being successful was a no brainier.

YouTube has nothing to do with Stadia when you look at what the product offered to it's consumers and how it compared to it's competitors.
Wrong.

The NES offered us the best videogaming graphics we had at the time. Meanwhile, in 2005, we had excellent video quality outside the internet.
Its why my reply to him about Stadia having lag free client/dedicated servers i didnt post.
By all means, I'm interested.

I remember youtube being slow as shit before the Google purchase. even on t1/t3 connections.

By all means, I'm interested.

Client side server hosting is used when the developers dont wish to invest in a dedicated server infrastructure. Basically a cost cutting measure. When it comes to multiplayer gaming its also the worst server configuration available. So propping it up doesnt make sense.

Client side server hosting is used when the developers dont wish to invest in a dedicated server infrastructure. Basically a cost cutting measure. When it comes to multiplayer gaming its also the worst server configuration available. So propping it up doesnt make sense.
That's true for the second type of setup he mentioned (where one player's console is the server host for the rest). That isn't the structure described in that article.

That's true for the second type of setup he mentioned (where one player's console is the server host for the rest). That isn't the structure described in that article.

No advantages exist in either. Server being located in their game server server farm is only beneficial if they are physically plugged in and playing on their game server.

No advantages exist in either. Server being located in their game server server farm is only beneficial if they are physically plugged in and playing on their game server.
I'm not even following what you're trying to say, now, theoretically. Obviously there was a tangible advantage observed by the writer.

I'm not even following what you're trying to say, now, theoretically. Obviously there was a tangible advantage observed by the writer.

Youre thinking of its advantage strictly from game client server being hosted in the same server farm as the dedicated and or client server. With Stadia a third routing occurs from the game server to client. Thats the vital factor.

Writer based this hypothesis off a client run game server that uses wifi.

Youre thinking of its advantage strictly from game client server being hosted in the same server farm as the dedicated and or client server. With Stadia a third routing occurs from the game server to client. Thats the vital factor.

Writer based this hypothesis off a client run game server that uses wifi.
So you're saying he tested it locally? Where did you get that idea? I didn't see him mention that. I saw him base his observation on a month's worth of play, and I'm assuming his home or work were his primary location.

So you're saying he tested it locally? Where did you get that idea? I didn't see him mention that. I saw him base his observation on a month's worth of play, and I'm assuming his home or work were his primary location.

Thats why i called it a hypothesis. No information has been shown indicating benefits of an enclosed Google server structure.

Thats why i called it a hypothesis. No information has been shown indicating benefits of an enclosed Google server structure.
<LikeReally5>

Google adds two Stadia Pro games for February 2020
With the year well under way, it’s time for the next round of titles available to subscribers of Google’s cloud streaming service. Two new Stadia Pro games will be available for February 2020.

According to promotional materials viewed by 9to5Google, Gylt and Metro Exodus are coming February 1. The first game is Stadia’s only (timed) exclusive from Tequila Works and normally $29.99.

Face your fears in GYLT, a haunting tale about bullying and childhood nightmares, as you help Sally navigate a creepy world to rescue her missing cousin Emily. GYLT is available only on Stadia!

Meanwhile, the second is the not the “Gold Edition” and costs $39.99.

Two new games a month, one of them released long ago on other platforms, is not going to cut it.

Last edited:
hahahahha. i looked that game up. it's... about... being bullied? are they trying to tell the stadia pro subscribers something?

So can I play this on the Twitch app on my Xbone?
How the hell would I be able to use both controllers at the same time, though
A fatal flaw apprars already

Straight streaming won’t be a viable option due to bandwidth and data caps. It’ll be more successful than Stadia but MS and Sony aren’t exactly going to be shaking in their boots.

IMO the best/worst case scenario depending how you feel is MS buying up more studios and increasing the amount of IPs that are exclusive/timed exclusive

Back