Gordon Ryan lately…

VenomCarnage

R.I.P. FRANKIENYC
@Brown
Reaction score
1. I’m not some BJJ hardcore.
2. Although I don’t watch every IBJJF dark match, I do totally respect the greatness of Gordon Ryan. It’s frightening how good that man is, he’s like a chess master who just never loses… ever.
3. I do find the ‘stomach issues’ kind of ironic, especially when you hear guys like MPMD breakdown how PED over-usage can mess up your stomach forever. Talk about living by the sword…

So, I’ve set out my table on where I stand on Gordon, for the most part utter admiration for the man’s skills, whilst still seeing a gaping hole in his likability.

A few questions:

Is he going full Jordan Burroughs on us here? Does he have any chance of transitioning to MMA if the PED testing goes a little more ‘in house’?

Did anyone else find it extremely unbecoming of a GOAT in his sport, cheerleading and prostituting his time and presence for Logan Paul? Can you imagine Logan parading out Jones or GSP to ‘make Dillon look bad’ - how embarrassing would that look for MMA.

Gordon needs a new challenge in my book. Should cut out that clown show and should try to transition to MMA. Thoughts?

I might be wrong, but Gordon is making good money being the king of his niche.

He's a smart guy, I'm not sure he really wants to get punched in the head.. my gut tells me he doesn't really want it. But I def could be wrong.

I don't think it's a good idea honestly, some guys would knock him out.

Controversy, stirring the pot or whatever you want to call it is a way to stay relevant to continue to make a living. I'm not a fan of his but I can understand what he's doing

Gordon got paid at least to show up for Logan's crap show.

Go watch the grappling match Dillon had with him, it was a draw.

Funny that everyone thinks Gordon Ryan is the best when he couldn't beat Dillon Danis.

Isn't that the guy that commented on a little child's photo saying "Nice ass"

I really hope the UFC, in 2023, is past the point of having BJJ guys dragging their ass on the mat, supplying strikers to jump in their guard.

That leg lock, butt scooting shit dont work in MMA.

Dude knows his lane and will stay there... .

Dude would probably lose a fight by DQ via timidity for just sitting and scooting towards his opponent..

No way he stands and fights anyone

2. Although I don’t watch every IBJJF dark match, I do totally respect the greatness of Gordon Ryan. It’s frightening how good that man is, he’s like a chess master who just never loses… ever.
3. I do find the ‘stomach issues’ kind of ironic, especially when you hear guys like MPMD breakdown how PED over-usage can mess up your stomach forever. Talk about living by the sword…

So, I’ve set out my table on where I stand on Gordon, for the most part utter admiration for the man’s skills, whilst still seeing a gaping hole in his likability.

A few questions:

Is he going full Jordan Burroughs on us here? Does he have any chance of transitioning to MMA if the PED testing goes a little more ‘in house’?

Did anyone else find it extremely unbecoming of a GOAT in his sport, cheerleading and prostituting his time and presence for Logan Paul? Can you imagine Logan parading out Jones or GSP to ‘make Dillon look bad’ - how embarrassing would that look for MMA.

Gordon needs a new challenge in my book. Should cut out that clown show and should try to transition to MMA. Thoughts?
I don't see him ever doing MMA. He makes good money off of his BJJ instructional sales online and everything else he does. Tbh he also brings eyes to the sport. He's not the type to win by stalling or on points year after year, he goes for the sub. It'd be a loss if he transitioned to MMA.

Gordon got paid at least to show up for Logan's crap show.

Go watch the grappling match Dillon had with him, it was a draw.

Funny that everyone thinks Gordon Ryan is the best when he couldn't beat Dillon Danis.

Wasn't there match before Gordon really started dominating?

Still ducking gi challenges.

This.

If Nicholas Meregali can transition into high level no gi competition after a lifetime of competing in the gi then Gordon should be able to make the switch. Meregali also took some L's in no gi and is clearly still learning.......and I don't think Gordon is willing to be humbled in order to perfect a different part of the game.

It's good to be the king.

The guy makes a ton of money doing what he is best in the world at. He gets paid for tournaments m, he gets paid for seminars, he gets paid for teaching classes, he gets paid for private lessons.

It’s too late for him to take up striking and for what? To get punched in the head and stomach for peanuts. Not a chance.

The guy makes a ton of money doing what he is best in the world at. He gets paid for tournaments m, he gets paid for seminars, he gets paid for teaching classes, he gets paid for private lessons.

It’s too late for him to take up striking and for what? To get punched in the head and stomach for peanuts. Not a chance.

His coach John Danaher warned him to avoid MMA and stick to BJJ. They want to mainstream BJJ which is already happening although Gordon isn't solely responsible.

Butt scooting and guard pulling isn't going to work in MMA and Gordon's PED use will continue be a problem no matter who replaces USADA.

Wasn’t Izzy a nobody in Kickboxing, dying a death, before the UFC put the machine behind him?

If he wanted to transition, the UFC would make him sound like god in their promos.
Yes I can already envision it: poor man’s version of Ricardo Arona with no striking that we know of is gonna take over mma at an advanced age!

but then again they sold many cans well in the past who didn’t have anything close to Ryan’s accolades

A few questions:

At some point he just needs to take the Craig Jones fight.

The guy is an amazing grappler, even better instructionals and fits into the current generation with his marketing.

All you need to know is his own brother left him when the DDS split along with nearly the entirety of the team.
Only people linked to Gordon coming up stayed, with everyone else seemingly choosing to leave.

Back