Gordon Ryan responds to USADA end

The UFC cant go back to the Pride days, anti dopping its part of making it a legit sport, sure entertainment value is part of it like he said, but there is no way they drop testing altogether with USADA, it will go with someone else.
Agreed! There will still be some form of testing implemented for the fighters. They’re just cutting out the middleman.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/roomyk...eveling-of-the-playing-field/?sh=42eb5e8675ec : Professor Julian Savulescu, in a University of Oxford publication, makes an argument that rather than banning performance enhancing drugs we should regulate their use. He states, “by allowing everyone to take drugs, we level the playing field.” He further states, “we remove the effects of genetic inequality. Far from being unfair, allowing performance enhancement promotes equality.”

This is the very point why average natural athletes like Ryan want to legalize doping.

I can't believe that guy is 28. Not based on his accomplishments, which are crazy, but his looks.

Post workout pics of juiced gordon look like mythical Minotaurus without horns.
It's unreal and even bizzare sometimes.

Reactions: HHJ
Every professional American sports association has some sort of testing program, but with other sports the testing is extremely lax. No one thinks the NFL is clean for example

What keeps the UFC from just adopting a program that's lax? Who is actually demanding strict testing? IMO, not the fans, and currently not congress. I wouldn't worry about strict testing unless congress demanded it or athletic commissions demanded it.
To be honest the UFC kind of shot themselves in the foot with USADA, whatever boxing was doing and is currently using was enough imo.

Why anyone listens to this guy regarding anything MMA specific is beyond me. He'll never fight.

I don’t think a Low T juicer like Gordon Ryan understands the liability of the UFC potentially turning a blind eye to steroid use.

This isn’t the butt scooting, guard flopping, touch butt submission grappling that Gordon plays, it’s MMA and people get hurt. Imagine CTE, injuries, concussions, etc. the UFC is opening themselves up if they don’t go with a credible agency to at least make it seem like they’re trying to level the playing field.

levek what playing field?

He's entitled to his opinion. I wholehearedly disagree. Part of making this sport mainstream is having basic things like drug testing, athletic commission oversight, a living wage / benefits for the fighters, etc. There is still much work to be done (for example, with fighter pay), but the progress and growth is undeniable.

To go back to the free-for-all days of the 90s-early 00s seems fun, but would actually be a regression that could see not just the UFC, but the sport as a whole, lose the mainstream acceptance it worked for decades to attain, resulting in:
- loss of ESPN/other big broadcasting deals/major sponsors
- less money for fighters
-fights taking place in small clubs in unregulated areas

I remember not being able to watch MMA because the cable companies were pressured to take it off the air in late 90s-early 00s. I don't want to go back to that time.
Drug testing should be like boxing, done on paper but everybody knows they can juice comfortably just dont overdo it, with usada its too hard to pass the test for most fighters

Last edited:
I used to be in favor of stopping the roiders but it's clear now that in order for things to be fair you only have 2 choices:

1. Create a system where nobody can get away with using
2. Just let everyone use

And it's clear to me now that number 1 will always be impossible, no sport has ever achieved it. USADA did better than most in the UFC but in the end they also failed, so the only fair thing is to do number 2.

Strangely enough, pride was the most fair and level playing field when it came to PED's

All the juicers celebrating is hilarious but honesty these are sad times for the sport imo. I've always been firmly against peds in competitive sports. If you aren't good enough to win on your own then don't compete. Be a hobbyist

I used to be in favor of stopping the roiders but it's clear now that in order for things to be fair you only have 2 choices:

1. Create a system where nobody can get away with using
2. Just let everyone use

And it's clear to me now that number 1 will always be impossible, no sport has ever achieved it. USADA did better than most in the UFC but in the end they also failed, so the only fair thing is to do number 2.

Strangely enough, pride was the most fair and level playing field when it came to PED's
It sucks for athletes who don't want to ruin their bodies

This guy LOL

Stop trying to justify your career pal.

Such a western mindset - “wE sHoULd Be aLloWeD to cHeAT!!” - LMAO

Bet you the Dagestani’s don’t think like that. Fight fair, cheaters should be penalized and should not be recognized as GOATs or Hero’s.

<LeeOne01><JonesLaugh><Deported1>
Russia has a history of doping in the Olympics:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doping_in_Russia

I dont believe there’s less injuries. Healing faster for sure. I guess there could be less injuries but It seems that there’s far more ligament and tendon damage to those abusing peds.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/roomyk...eveling-of-the-playing-field/?sh=42eb5e8675ec : Professor Julian Savulescu, in a University of Oxford publication, makes an argument that rather than banning performance enhancing drugs we should regulate their use. He states, “by allowing everyone to take drugs, we level the playing field.” He further states, “we remove the effects of genetic inequality. Far from being unfair, allowing performance enhancement promotes equality.”

This is the very point why average natural athletes like Ryan want to legalize doping.
Except it makes those that are already at the top more dominant. But I guess it sounds good. Special athlete are special to begin with. All peds do is make them unbeatable.

According to commentator Brendan Fitzgerald they're 'cutting out the middle-man' so UFC will be in control of it. I'm sure that will be incredibly reliable.

That'd be great. They can keep the appearance for the normies and naive people while letting the fighters juice again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Víctor Hugo Teco
Back