Gordon Ryan vs. Matheus Diniz

Man that heel hooks shit is annoying and cheap AF
I can understand boring but why cheap? It's not like he's stalling or playing the rules. Maybe it's other top dudes that needs to adapt. Would be even time, it's not like they came out with this shit the day before yesterday.

And that butterly shoulder crunch sweep to leglock was beautiful, nothing cheap about it.

Gordon is an absolute stud. Can anyone provide me with his match against josh Barnett. For the life of me I have never been able to find the entire match.

help a brother out!

Its not cheap but it is BORING as fuck. Watching two guys try to scissor and twist each others feet off is not exciting. That said I enjoyed Gordons match. I didnt enjoy Nickys. Or the pony tail leg lock fest either.

6 minutes long mount is old school dominance
Yeah actually that really impressed me. Felt like I was starting to see shadows of Roger Gracie - expertise in all aspects of the position, pressure application and the constant submission threat

I agree but it is effective

And damn gordon is jacked and seems like he just doesn't get tired (pushing the pace).
He seems to have outstanding static strength and endurance, and ability not to expend energy when in static positions - he stays "loose" yet maintaining the proper alignment and ready to explode and move quick when he needs to

Its not cheap but it is BORING as fuck. Watching two guys try to scissor and twist each others feet off is not exciting. That said I enjoyed Gordons match. I didnt enjoy Nickys. Or the pony tail leg lock fest either.

lol how didn’t you enjoy nicky’s? Shit was like 30 seconds

Nicky had an easy one, a wrestler with little experience in submission grappling. But I like those mismatches, like a boxer being lost against leg kicks.

He seems to have outstanding static strength and endurance, and ability not to expend energy when in static positions - he stays "loose" yet maintaining the proper alignment and ready to explode and move quick when he needs to
Maybe it was the angles but the photos I've seen of this match he was clearly bigger than Diniz who is pretty jacked himself.

It's not just what you pointed out but his ability to do long burst explosions (longer tan 10 seconds) then recover within seconds.

Reminds of a certain MMA fighter who fought the same way and then got exposed for being the lance armstrong of mma.

lol how didn’t you enjoy nicky’s? Shit was like 30 seconds
Im not a fan of mismatch bullshit which it was clear this was from the get go. The wrestler vs BB thing flo is doing is stupid and doesn't produce good matches.

Back