Gordon Ryan vs. Matheus Diniz

It's been a long time since I've seen so many heel hooks from them in one night. Gordon especially has moved away from heel hooks. Heel hooks are one of the last things I expect from Gordon now. He seems to pass to mount or the back and RNC or arm triangle. Craig has diversified his game with a lot of near-side underhook passing, guillotine, darce, and especially all sorts of triangle chokes.

Danaher was saying that the front headlock and the kimura tend to be the positions that decide who's going to win in the practice room now. He said everyone's leg locks and back takes are cancelling each other out.

So they are able to defend the leglock meta.

I mean, I am not a fan of Gordons personality whatsoever. But gosh man...he is just so dangerous everywhere...just when your worried about his guard, back mount system and mount...Boom here come the DDS leg locks lol...only thing is I've never really seen him pass guard.

I mean, I am not a fan of Gordons personality whatsoever. But gosh man...he is just so dangerous everywhere...just when your worried about his guard, back mount system and mount...Boom here come the DDS leg locks lol...only thing is I've never really seen him pass guard.

don't worry, soon you'll see his new system of buttscooting past the guard!

He passed guard against Craig in quintet and in this same match with Matheus when he mounted

Did Gordon's head pull a Tito Ortiz and grow like 2 times larger and fuck I just saw the full match and he is fucking huge.

How is he able to get all these subs from the back and mount if he can’t pass the guard? I’d say guard passing is the big thing he became known for after leg locks.

Last edited:
Did Gordon's head pull a Tito Ortiz and grow like 2 times larger and fuck I just saw the full match and he is fucking huge.
Yeah his head is fucking huge. He used to compete ibjjf at lightweight. Honestly I’d rather he stayed in the 170-190 lbs range. I like the competition more in those weight classes and not that he needs it anymore but I thought he had a huge limb length advantage when we was smaller.

Back