Green Bay Packers 2020: The Return of the Injury

Because other than him and Martinez we have like no experienced interior LBs I thought? Unless Morrison is still with the team.

I'm not sure Burks' experience is much of an edge. Crawford is the only other one with pro experience at ILB I believe.

It's kind of weird how Packers fans are sighing in relief that we didn't lose a player who only has four starts and looked pretty bad in that limited action.
The ILB group is pretty damn thin and everyone feared that he would be out for the whole year, so it is good news imo

I'm so excited to see what this guy does this year. And I could watch that screen he blows up over and over and over.

Gilbert trades for a 7th..... is this when I say trust the process like an idiot 76ers fan?

RIP Sackmaster. Poor guy was talented yet never really got above the hump

Also the thought of getting rid of Taylor is pretty scary. Even if he doesn't start, he's a more than capable backup

David Bakhtiari, Elgton Jenkins, Corey Linsley, Billy Turner, Bryan Bulaga, Alex Light, Lucas Patrick, Justin McCray is what the projected line would look like without him. That's not a very distinguished group

RIP Sackmaster. Poor guy was talented yet never really got above the hump

Also the thought of getting rid of Taylor is pretty scary. Even if he doesn't start, he's a more than capable backup

David Bakhtiari, Elgton Jenkins, Corey Linsley, Billy Turner, Bryan Bulaga, Alex Light, Lucas Patrick, Justin McCray is what the projected line would look like without him. That's not a very distinguished group
Bahk and Linsley are the only two I trust. Bulaga if he stayed healthy but that seems a long shot.

lol you're thinking of Jayrone Elliott. He was Sackmaster.

And coincidentally he was signed by the Steelers last week after becoming the all-time AAF sacks leader.
Having Burks down for at least it sounds like the first two games and trading away Gilbert honestly is making me miss this dude a bit:

He wasn't an amazing top tier safety (imo) but the guy could play in the box and provided a leadership quality that this defense is now, well frankly... missing unless Blake has taken that role solidly this offseason.

Yeah, Burnett was underrated. Very solid safety: reliable tackling, above average coverage ability, and doesn't over pursue. I remember when Packers fans were calling for him to be replaced because of how bad his over-the-top safety help was with Dr. Jennings. Dude kept his head down and kept at work.

Yeah, Burnett was underrated. Very solid safety: reliable tackling, above average coverage ability, and doesn't over pursue. I remember when Packers fans were calling for him to be replaced because of how bad his over-the-top safety help was with Dr. Jennings. Dude kept his head down and kept at work.
Like, I was ok with them letting him walk in Free Agency because like Micah Hyde dude got paid by Pitt (and Hyde in Buff) at a rate that the Packers probably couldn't match. That said... wish we could have them both back right now because our safeties are....

<{vega}><{vega}>

Wait, who the fuck plays safety in Green Bay now? We don't have Breeland anymore, Haha is in Chicango now.... Amos and Savage? You mean the team is going to rely on a rookie at safety.

Ugh.

Like, I was ok with them letting him walk in Free Agency because like Micah Hyde dude got paid by Pitt (and Hyde in Buff) at a rate that the Packers probably couldn't match. That said... wish we could have them both back right now because our safeties are....

<{vega}><{vega}>

Wait, who the fuck plays safety in Green Bay now? We don't have Breeland anymore, Haha is in Chicango now.... Amos and Savage? You mean the team is going to rely on a rookie at safety.

Ugh.

Yeah, Amos, Savage, and Raven Greene.

I was more sour about letting Breeland sign with KC. He signed for only 1-year $4 million. I figured we'd be sprinting to sign him at that low a price.

Breeland was grabbier than Trump. Granted at 4mil he's likely a much better option than old ass Tramon, but we'll see what he does in KC

I actually don't mind where the Safety position is right now. Much more worried about CB. Amos by himself is better than any combo they had out there last year

Breeland was grabbier than Trump. Granted at 4mil he's likely a much better option than old ass Tramon, but we'll see what he does in KC

I actually don't mind where the Safety position is right now. Much more worried about CB. Amos by himself is better than any combo they had out there last year
CB I'm good with Jaire... and King if that glass motherfucker can stay healthy (I don't trust him to stay healthy though).

Back