Media GSP the goat looking like a featherweight recently

That intermittent fasting is getting to him. The hype around is crazy but people dont realize how samaging it can be to your body's strength.
Please provide at least 5 nonbiased citations

By the rise of cortisol levels in the body which doesnt happen in all individuals but does happen in many.
oddue.jpg

Met GSP in person at a dinner gala a month ago and everyone that saw him said afterwards that he was so much smaller than expected. Not just height but body frame in general. Anyone that expects him to fight anybody anytime soon is living in a dream world. He isn't in fighting shape, that's for sure.

Please provide at least 5 nonbiased citations
I could easily post more than 5 citations but that is not the point. Research only goes so far to tell me about what to put in my body. The rest is on how i feel.

swhat happins when u go off the giuse for an extended period of time

I could easily post more than 5 citations but that is not the point. Research only goes so far to tell me about what to put in my body. The rest is on how i feel.
Please provide substantial evidence that intermittent fasting is bad for muscle.
The thing here is that there's anomaly for everyone,
maybe you're the minority who will not benefit from IF, but that doesn't mean that anyone's body is build like yours. So far you to spread 'what you feel', something that is completely personal, doesn't mean that it is the same with everyone else.

Fitness and nutrition is not 1 + 1 = 2, it wasn't that simple. Generalized statement spread into the masses by the gym bro/broscience imo is pretty harmful. You guys gotta slow down on that.

Same people are allergic to nut, you're allergic to fasting (means your body response differently compare to others).

Please provide substantial evidence that intermittent fasting is bad for muscle.
The thing here is that there's anomaly for everyone,
maybe you're the minority who will not benefit from IF, but that doesn't mean that anyone's body is build like yours. So far you to spread 'what you feel', something that is completely personal, doesn't mean that it is the same with everyone else.

Fitness and nutrition is not 1 + 1 = 2, it wasn't that simple. Generalized statement spread into the masses by the gym bro/broscience imo is pretty harmful. You guys gotta slow down on that.

Same people are allergic to nut, you're allergic to fasting (means your body response differently compare to others).
There you go sir you just gave premise to my argument. IF is not healthy and it just depends upon who is trying it.

GSP is doing a pretty unorthodox intermittent fasting, though. He's literally not eating for a week at a time (he did on one occasion anyway). The theory is that it gives your liver and digestive system a long break and help them repair, and for most of human existence we would have fasted for days at a time when food wasn't around.

I'm not sure there's many health benefits to that. You can give your liver a break by cutting out fats, and assisting your digestive system by only eating extremely high fibre foods for a week.

If you don't eat for days, your body is going to break down some serious muscle. Your brain will become foggy as it's starved of carbs. You'll go into ketosis as your body will try and store every bit of fat as it is unsure on when the next meal is coming and you are out of glycogen stores. it just doesn't make much sense.

daily intermittent fasting is a great thing, I think. It took me a long time to learn to skip breakfast, but I've managed to cut some body fat with only eating between 12pm and 8pm. It doesn't work for everyone - my brother lost weight eating 5-6 small meals a day, which I used to do when I trained intensely. Whatever works for you.

Had no idea he would skip a week at a time, that's extreme.

Had no idea he would skip a week at a time, that's extreme.
I'm pretty sure he's only done it once or twice. It's extreme but amongst the IF community, its recommended 2 to 4 times a year

He's a smart guy, I'm sure he knows what he's doing

Really?
No more
401e514c-5492-4517-934f-2e49ca1a6ce9-png.621837
?

Disappointed..still wood.
Speculation is always fun, especially if you want something to be true bad enough. The thing I find funny is over an 18 year career there’s only a few pics that look “suspect” and this is definitely one of the go to’s. That and the couple of breathing pics which supposedly allude to peekaboo HGH gut (only one of its kind in the world).
But any of you who have ever lifted have definitely had a pic or a moment in the mirror where you look much more jacked than you really are. Pump, angles, lighting all make magnificent illusions. Just saying.

I'm pretty sure he's only done it once or twice. It's extreme but amongst the IF community, its recommended 2 to 4 times a year

He's a smart guy, I'm sure he knows what he's doing
As someone who has done a fair bit of research into nutrition, I can't see how this would be beneficial at all, other than losing mass quickly.

I could be wrong.

You are comparing what a big former LHW title challenger and at the time MW champion did with what a LW could do.

It doesn’t work that way.

You have to consider the power difference there. It’s more than likely George has no problem controlling the smaller fighter better. As he always had no issues with any WW doing that much less thinking a LW could.
But Cucuy is no manlet, except when next to Werdum

Back