GSP vs Fedor in 2011

Hatorade

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
How do you see this going in an open weight fight in a cage.

Fedor Had his 3rd loss in a row in 2011 to Hendo, and was either well past prime or clean. It was probably a little of both, as he just didn't look like Fedor anymore at that point.

GSP was toward the end of his prime, but still GSP. He looked to be maybe not quite as explosive, but his fight IQ and lack of risk taking made him almost impossible to beat at this stage in his career.

Fedor was in the 220 range at this time and not the kettle ball lifting beast he was in his 20's. I would suspect GSP would have been pretty close to 200lbs in fight shape in an open weight fight that required no dieting or cutting. there would have been about a 25-30lb weight difference, which is huge.

How do you see this going? Does Fedor flatten him inside a minute by just having so much more power, or does GSP make in more interesting than many would suspect?

I personally think Fedor wins by stoppage, but I don't think that version of him just comes out and destroys GSP like a HW fighting a WW. I think it's a bit more competitive than many would think and goes a round or two before Fedor eventually hurts the smaller fighter and finishes him with more strikes or a choke.

GSP loses instantly from being in awe out Fedor's presence
EHGwIGixfKh19dEBxBwtFLGgjOU7fz7tC5uP0KOSLz0.gif

Fedor was better and tree times the size GSP has an even fight with Khabib in a lot of people opinions I see Fedor smash in a couple of mins

Fedor should win based on size and strength

but I wouldn’t ever rule gsp out entirely

<JagsKiddingMe>

GSP is goat, but he'd still get demolished. Come on now. Do you even think before you talk/post?

Well as this post suggests, no, no you don't.

<Prem973>

well
gsp beat bisping
but bisping beat hendo
hendo destroyed fedor

so GSP dominates fedor easy

<JagsKiddingMe>

GSP is goat, but he'd still get demolished. Come on now. Do you even think before you talk/post?

Well as this post suggests, no, no you don't.

<Prem973>

not sure what is your definition of Goat but if one fighter will beat the other fighter that makes him greater

gsp was scared to fight anderson, but he's going to beat heavyweight fedor? lol, get real.

well
gsp beat bisping
but bisping beat hendo
hendo destroyed fedor

so GSP dominates fedor easy
if you wanna go for mma math you should have said that gsp beat shield shield won againt hendo and hendo destroyed fedor at least all those fight happen in the same period

not sure what is your definition of Goat but if one fighter will beat the other fighter that makes him greater
Greatest of all time.

Not necessarily, flukes happen, rematches with different outcomes happen, weight classes exist for a reason, ECT.

It would be a massacre of epic proportions. Fedor would kill him inside 1 minute.

Fedor couldn't even take a jab at that time. He was nothing but a slugger. Struggled to beat that brazilian "boxzer" Maldonado. It would have been a much closer fight than everyone here is saying.

Prime Fedor vs prime GSP now thats a murder case. But that version of Fedor... I could see GSP winning.

Fedor couldn't even take a jab at that time. He was nothing but a slugger. Struggled to beat that brazilian "boxzer" Maldonado. It would have been a much closer fight than everyone here is saying.

Prime Fedor vs prime GSP now thats a murder case. But that version of Fedor... I could see GSP winning.
I think that version of Fedor still beats a blown up prime GSP, but I don't think it's a massacre.
There's a weird sort of religion with Fedor freaks on Sherdog, so a thread like this is going to ruffle some feathers.

gsp was scared to fight anderson, but he's going to beat heavyweight fedor? lol, get real.
Anderson Silva at that time would have probably beat Fedor.
We're talking about 2011 Fedor that was on a 3 fight skid.

If Hendo could take out Fedor, Anderson definitely could have. At that time, Fedor and Anderson were maybe 10lbs apart without Anderson cutting. Anderson was 210lbs when he fought at LHW.

Anyways, Fedor GSP is a hypothetical match up. Yes, GSP would never have fought him in a million years for multiple reasons

if you wanna go for mma math you should have said that gsp beat shield shield won againt hendo and hendo destroyed fedor at least all those fight happen in the same period

you're literally TRIGGERED by a troll thread
sad

btw prime GSP destroys prime fedor

Greatest of all time.

Not necessarily, flukes happen, rematches with different outcomes happen, weight classes exist for a reason, ECT.
What you just described was not a fluke, no rematch and you are making weight classes for the goat debate. Fedor is greater than GSP

Back