Crime Guy RNCed on NY subway dies.

<LikeReally5>

From who?
How much is 'major flak?'

Saying 'The NYC mayor took major flak for making this about race' doesn't mean its not about race.

It certainly was about race for the activists on Twitter trying to make the entire situation George Floyd 2.0, speading disinformation about the situation in an attempt to inflame racial tension.

Please tell me about the 'major flak' AOC received for this -

Apparently it was so much flak she posted this 2 days later -

I never said major do kind of weird you’re hyper focused on that. Him getting charged has nothing to do with his race. He fucked up. Mean tweets from AOC that trigger you doesn’t change that

I never said major do kind of weird you’re hyper focused on that. Him getting charged has nothing to do with his race. He fucked up. Mean tweets from AOC that trigger you doesn’t change that

So you have nothing to back up the mayor took 'alot of flak' or any serious criticism whatsoever he would notice.

And when called out on your lack of evidence for... anything you've posted... you say 'You're so triggered!'

Thank you for confirming you're full of shit.

Appreciated.

<JackieThumbsUp>

So you have nothing to back up the mayor took 'alot of flak' or any serious criticism whatsoever he would notice.

And when called out on your lack of evidence for... anything you've posted... you say 'You're so triggered!'

Thank you for confirming you're full of shit.

Appreciated.

<JackieThumbsUp>
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...w-turn-BACKS-NYC-Mayor-Eric-Adams-speech.html

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/may/04/jordan-neely-eric-adams-nypd-subway-killing-response

Oh and you know, YOU posted evidence of it. Way to fail dude.

Don’t think I haven’t noticed you’re still trying to spin the conversation away so you don’t have to face reality. That is that this dude fucked up and now he is facing the normal consequences for it. QQ more about race though you poor victim

New York mayor and police criticized for lack of action over Jordan Neely’s death

Completely irrelevant to the mayor's blatant racialization of the situation.

Some law students turning their back on him for his past as a NYPD officer.... equates for him 'taking a lot of flak' over Jordan Neeley?

Holy fuck he must feel so ashamed of himself he might resign from the embarrassment.

In all seriousness, you've completely failed in forming an adequate response to my argument this is now a racially-charged politically-motivated prosecution.

You attempted to handwave it off by saying, without evidence, the NYC mayor 'took alot of flak.' The links you posted were of leftists bitching he's not leftist enough.

Oh and you know, YOU posted evidence of it. Way to fail dude.

What are you referring to again? In your post you're rambling during this bit.

Don’t think I haven’t noticed you’re still trying to spin the conversation away so you don’t have to face reality. That is that this dude fucked up and now he is facing the normal consequences for it. QQ more about race though you poor victim

<Dany07>

Oh god, I laughed pretty hard at this.

No, 'the reality' isn't Penny is rightfully being prosecuted for a crime he committed, in your view.

The reality is Neely should have been in a jail cell, rather than a subway car that night. Its the mayor & DA's political incompetence that kept letting Neely, and several thousand criminals, off repeatedly even after violent offenses against the innocent.

They don't want the media spotlight on them, for incompetence. They want the spotlight on Penny, who defended himself and an entire subway car of regular people against a mentally deranged person with a history of violence.

I remember that incident but he didn't get a crushed windpipe. Thats basically impossible to do in short choke which was really the point I was getting too about no one dying in jiujitsu gyms. Im a big guy and I do jiujitsu. I've cranked the absolute hell out of some chokes and of course never crushed a windpipe.

That cigarette guy actually died of an asthma attack or something weird that was caused by the choke. I don't hold that one against the police at all because the did the right thing, the guy was just insanely unhealthy. It is unfortunate that banned choked because like I said earlier in the thread, when use properly they are great and humane way to end a confrontation. Way better than tazing someone or hitting them with a night stick.

That was Eric garner that died after officer Daniel pantaleo jumped on his back and applied a sort of neck restraint/rnc looking maneuver for about two seconds before letting go and the guy continued to say he couldn’t breathe. He died of a heart attack because he was so unhealthy and the struggle killed him. He was never “choked to death” as activists and pundits claim when they say his name. Now, if someone wanted to argue that the reason the cops tried to take Eric into custody was stupid, I would agree with them absolutely. He was selling single cigarettes from a pack he bought in New Jersey or somewhere that the cigs were much less expensive than in nyc and making a pretty good profit on it. He was surveilled in an investigation because he had been doing that for a long time and had a history of arrests for that stupid crime. He was informed he was
Under arrest and he resisted at every step.

New York mayor and police criticized for lack of action over Jordan Neely’s death

Completely irrelevant to the mayor's blatant racialization of the situation.

Some law students turning their back on him for his past as a NYPD officer.... equates for him 'taking a lot of flak' over Jordan Neeley?

Holy fuck he must feel so ashamed of himself he might resign from the embarrassment.

In all seriousness, you've completely failed in forming an adequate response to my argument this is now a racially-charged politically-motivated prosecution.

You attempted to handwave it off by saying, without evidence, the NYC mayor 'took alot of flak.' The links you posted were of leftists bitching he's not leftist enough.

What are you referring to again? In your post you're rambling during this bit.

<Dany07>

Oh god, I laughed pretty hard at this.

No, 'the reality' isn't Penny is rightfully being prosecuted for a crime he committed, in your view.

The reality is Neely should have been in a jail cell, rather than a subway car that night. Its the mayor & DA's political incompetence that kept letting Neely, and several thousand criminals, off repeatedly even after violent offenses against the innocent.

They don't want the media spotlight on them, for incompetence. They want the spotlight on Penny, who defended himself and an entire subway car of regular people against a mentally deranged person with a history of violence.
Spin spin spin! Yeah we are done here. You won’t stay on topic because you know it’s not a defensible position. So instead you keep doing the same weak ass deflections. No o es falling for it.

I guess we get to just execute people that are acting erratically now

That was Eric garner that died after officer Daniel pantaleo jumped on his back and applied a sort of neck restraint/rnc looking maneuver for about two seconds before letting go and the guy continued to say he couldn’t breathe. He died of a heart attack because he was so unhealthy and the struggle killed him. He was never “choked to death” as activists and pundits claim when they say his name. Now, if someone wanted to argue that the reason the cops tried to take Eric into custody was stupid, I would agree with them absolutely. He was selling single cigarettes from a pack he bought in New Jersey or somewhere that the cigs were much less expensive than in nyc and making a pretty good profit on it. He was surveilled in an investigation because he had been doing that for a long time and had a history of arrests for that stupid crime. He was informed he was

While it is true that Eric Garner was known to sell "loosies" cigarettes, during the incident where he dies, he didn't have loosies on him.

It was a separate incident with other people fighting that cops were called. He shouldn't have been arrested because he didn't do anything (in that incident.)

I remember that incident but he didn't get a crushed windpipe. Thats basically impossible to do in short choke which was really the point I was getting too about no one dying in jiujitsu gyms. Im a big guy and I do jiujitsu. I've cranked the absolute hell out of some chokes and of course never crushed a windpipe.

That cigarette guy actually died of an asthma attack or something weird that was caused by the choke. I don't hold that one against the police at all because the did the right thing, the guy was just insanely unhealthy. It is unfortunate that banned choked because like I said earlier in the thread, when use properly they are great and humane way to end a confrontation. Way better than tazing someone or hitting them with a night stick.
I think in that case the guy died from neglect after being arrested. He kept stating he couldn't breathe in the position he was in and nobody moved him. I think even when the EMTs arrived they stopped to chat with the police before attending to him.

I mostly agree but he didn't die of a heart attack. It wasn't egregious, the way the Floyd case was at least the worst kind of manslaughter, but the police ignored his pleas that he couldn't breathe so they showed negligence. Who knows if he would have died anyway but just the simple act of sitting or standing him up could have saved his life.

While it is true that Eric Garner was known to sell "loosies" cigarettes, during the incident where he dies, he didn't have loosies on him.

It was a separate incident with other people fighting that cops were called. He shouldn't have been arrested because he didn't do anything (in that incident.)
That may be true but you should never resist arrest. If you're in that position just let them arrest you. You can call your lawyer, or Al Sharpton, afterwards.

He used a banned move

I don’t recall all the details. Even if he was selling illegal cigs, that’s a stupid crime that police should not be concerned about in that city or anywhere else. Garner resisting attempts to take him into custody was a foolish mistake that led to an unnecessary death and contributed fuel to an already growing anti-cop movement which has only harmed cops and the profession because of incidents like this, where cops overstepped and died on a worthless hill

He used a banned move

does that cancel out or make resisting arrest not a crime? And the “banned move” is a use of force policy violation at best and not a criminal action. And how long did he have his neck? Two seconds maybe and it wasn’t even right or restricting the blood-airway. He let it go when they got him to the ground and while under duress, there was no choke hold or neck restraint of any sort when he starts mumbling about not being able to breathe

I mostly agree but he didn't die of a heart attack. It wasn't egregious, the way the Floyd case was at least the worst kind of manslaughter, but the police ignored his pleas that he couldn't breathe so they showed negligence. Who knows if he would have died anyway but just the simple act of sitting or standing him up could have saved his life.

“Garner's acute and chronic bronchial asthma, obesity and hypertensive cardiovascular disease were contributing factors, the medical examiner determined.” Regardless
Of the circumstances, the claims that he was choked to death are on par with the continuation of false narratives surrounding prominent police in custody deaths like the mike brown “hands up, don’t shoot” narrative that was proven false. And I agree, who knows it garner would have died simply from the struggle without any type of neck restraint applied-even though it was only on there for a few seconds. Regardless of the cause of death, it was a stupid waste of life and resources to stop the nefarious crime of selling cigs in a parking lot. What a misuse of police resources

does that cancel out or make resisting arrest not a crime? And the “banned move” is a use of force policy violation at best and not a criminal action. And how long did he have his neck? Two seconds maybe and it wasn’t even right or restricting the blood-airway. He let it go when they got him to the ground and while under duress, there was no choke hold or neck restraint of any sort when he starts mumbling about not being able to breathe
The Medical Examiner declared it a homocide and the autopsy indicated "[compression] of neck, compression of chest and prone positioning during physical restraint by police" caused his death. "Asthma, heart disease, and obesity were cited as contributing factors."

I agree the choke itself didn't seem forceful enough to directly cause his death, but these cops were responsible, even if it was accidental.

Back