International Hamas launches surprise attack on Israel; Israel has declared a state of war. Vol. III

Status
Not open for further replies.
The human shield argument is dumb as fuck. I'd love to hear some of these people's strategies for what they think Hamas should do in that situation militarily when living in a surveillance state surrounded by snipers and drones.

Obviously they should all just walk into the ocean...oh wait they cant, blockades.

It's interesting that this term was never used in any theater of guerilla style warfare until now. Until an entire population is being hit with a 95% civilian casualty rate. The Viet Cong were also among their own people, pretty much every War that didnt take place in open field or ocean. But now suddenly its "Hamas uses human shields" because they have bases among civilian infrastructure...like there is literally anywhere else to have them.

I don't have a hard time admitting anything. I've said since the 1st thread on this topic that Hamas are disgusting jihadists. They do disgusting jihadist sh*t. Hamas definitely should be eliminated. What bothers me is the mental acrobatics you're doing to overlook the barbaric response to that. I mean how much innocent blood is enough? How many bodies? Does Hamas having their bases near or even IN a Hospital justify killing thousands of people there? Netanyahu seems to think so. And so does every Zionist nutjob

What does it matter if you tell them or not if you still eradicate them? It's an arbitrary act if the result is the same.

Uhh, what? You brought up the Viet Cong...but are saying the term "human shield" wasn't used in regards to them the way it is now? The US Secretary of State literally said exactly that about them LOL. There are a ton more examples if you want to do a quick google. It's weird you think this is some phrase that's just newly being used...

Rusk (US Secretary of State) took note of the Viet Cong's use of civilians for human shields

^^That's from an article in Time Magazine from 1965^^

In other words, the phrase has been around and been commonly used for 50+ years at least.

Israel should do all they can to limit civilian casualties while achieving their military objectives. And I don't think they are. But then, I don't have a clue about the logistics of trying to root out and kill jihadists in an urban area that purposefully blend in with the population, either.

I'll give you a hint:

There are Countries with radical extremist regimes in their past who have done wonders at keeping their citizens (citizen, now there's an important word), from becoming radicalized again. Do what they did.

It involves pretty much the opposite of your UN representative calling them sub-human animals. And that dude said "Palestinian people"...not "Hamas."

are you referring to the British and how they negotiated with the IRA?

or how India dealt with the Tamil Tigers?

or how Putin dealt with Chechen separatists?

I'm not following your argument here. could you clarify your position?

Rational Poster and I agree on many things normally, this is probably our first vehement disagreement.

As for you, I've no idea why you feel your feedback is relevant.

Understand, I'm not advocating you losing your voice, ability to express your thoughts.

It's the idea of you expressing those thoughts, (some of the things you've written, your tone) in a professional and power capacity that makes your modship somewhat problematic.

Obviously they should all just walk into the ocean...oh wait they cant, blockades.

They can't walk into the ocean, silly. That's where they plan to put all the Jews, remember!

Understand, I'm not advocating you losing your voice, ability to express your thoughts.

It's the idea of you expressing those thoughts, (some of the things you've written, your tone) in a professional and power capacity that makes your modship somewhat problematic.

You should be concerned if I used any power against those that disagree with me. I dont, and that's been mentioned here numerous times. Other than that sorry I speak confidently?

Point is, why bother at all if you're actively TRYING to eradicate them? I'm not arguing they aren't too indiscriminate. I'm arguing it doesn't make sense to say they are purposefully trying to kill all the Palestiniian civilians.

Countries never openly admit when they're doing dirty shit. They always give some justification along with propaganda. To the outside world as well as to their own populace. The Bush administration had to lie and basically gaslighted the whole country to get us into Iraq. Russia tried to install a pro-Russian president in Ukraine. Then fomented a pro Russian separatist group in Eastern Ukraine. And when they finally tried to invade, they did a hard propaganda campaign to their own populace about freeing Nazis in Ukraine and how the East wants to join Russia. The examples are endless.

If Israel just flat out admitted their naked imperialistic ambition of just wanting the land, they'd face international condemnation and ridicule. The US will probably be forced to withdraw military aid. Israel would be completely fucked without US military aid. The Iron Dome is funded by the US.

Weren’t Jews getting killed by Palestinians or Muslims in that land before that?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irgun

there was forced immigration to that area and a lot of terrorism was happening from day 1

the who started argument is kind of useless since it was Europe who started this whole thing

when you force migrate a lot of people to one area then it is inevitable that conflict will arise but if you think Jewish people were just minding their own business since day 1 then you are ignorant

there was plenty of terrorist attacks on Palestinians from the day Jewish people had a significant amount of people

Weren’t Jews getting killed by Palestinians or Muslims in that land before that?

Of course they were. The conflict obviously didn’t start in 1948.

If only there was somewhere we could look it up.

As you can see, they were considered terrorists by the British at the time, as they regularly committed terrorist acts like bombing hotels. Perhaps, with their great success, they were an early inspiration for groups like Hamas.

The Irgun (Hebrew: ארגון; full title: Hebrew: הארגון הצבאי הלאומי בארץ ישראל Hā-ʾIrgun Ha-Tzvaʾī Ha-Leūmī b-Ērētz Yiśrāʾel, lit. "The National Military Organization in the Land of Israel"), or Etzel (Hebrew: אצ"ל), was a Zionist paramilitary organization that operated in Mandate Palestine and then Israel between 1931 and 1948. It was an offshoot of the older and larger Jewish paramilitary organization Haganah (Hebrew: Hebrew: הגנה, Defence).[1] The Irgun has been viewed as a terrorist organization or organization which carried out terrorist acts.[2][3][4][5]

Two of the operations for which the Irgun is best known are the bombing of the King David Hotel in Jerusalem on 22 July 1946 and the Deir Yassin massacre that killed at least 107 Palestinian Arab villagers, including women and children, carried out together with Lehi on 9 April 1948.

Haganah (Hebrew: הַהֲגָנָה ha-Haganah, lit. 'The Defense') was the main Zionist paramilitary organization that operated for the Yishuv in the British Mandate for Palestine.[2] It was founded in 1920 to defend the Yishuv's presence in the region, and was formally disbanded in 1948, when it became the core force integrated into the Israel Defense Forces shortly after the Israeli Declaration of Independence.

Following the end of World War II, the British refused to lift the restrictions on Jewish immigration that they had imposed with the 1939 White Paper. This resulted in Haganah leading a Jewish insurgency against the British authorities in Palestine; the campaign included the paramilitaries' bombing of bridges, railways, and ships used to deport illegal Jewish immigrants, as well as assisting in bringing more diaspora Jews to Palestine in defiance of British policies. After the adoption of the United Nations Partition Plan for Palestine in 1947, Haganah came into the open as the biggest fighting force among the Palestinian Jews, successfully overcoming Arab militias during the Palestinian Civil War. Shortly after the beginning of the 1948 Arab–Israeli War, Haganah was merged with other paramilitary groups and reorganized into the official military force of the State of Israel.

They gave them 24hrs to evacuate and then bombed the roads. Over a million people, 24hrs. Yeah that's feasible. Israel hasn't lifted a finger in negotiating any such ceasefire or anything to return the hostages.

Also how did Hamas come to power? I'll give you a hint. Benjamin Netenyahu, who specifically wanted extremists in control of Gaza to make Palestinians seem unreasonable so Israel didnt need to entertain a 2-State solution, or the notion of giving them rights as citizens.

Sorry but even plenty of Israeli citizens understand that this mess was largely Netenyahu's creation. Also Israel attacked WB, which isn't ruled by Hamas. But sure it's all their fault.
They gave them 24 hours, but didn’t attack for days. When they do attack, they warn them it’s coming. Hamas forces them to stay there and take shrapnel for the great and merciful Allah. Hamas keeps military apparatus and launches attacks from civilian structures. Hamas spends all their money on tunnels and rockets and lets their brothers and sisters live in poverty and struggle for basic needs.

Whatever, 3 threads now have proven nothing except this is a pointless argument. Sorry I bothered to engage, believe what you like. I am very sad and the whole thing breaks my heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back