International Hamas launches surprise attack on Israel; Israel has declared a state of war.

Status
Not open for further replies.
i wonder how many people commenting in here have actually been to israel and to palestine.
i've been to jerusalem, tel aviv, ramallah, jericho, beit-el, and others.
americans probably can't imagine how small of a place this is. long and thin, with impressive infrastructure designed for fast troop logistics, wide highways surrounded by desert or dry hills where almost nothing grows. life there hangs on a very slender thread. and then you see the wall, and charred remains of cars around it, and you speak to people from both sides and realise this will NEVER end. not as long as one side still draws breath.

Another thing people miss is how densely populated it is. Be it machine gun fire, white phosphorus, homemade missiles or US supplied missiles all this goes on in legitimately one of the (if not THE) most densely packed areas on the planet.

I agree and disagree on your last point. Oxymoron I know. What I have found strange in my years is the attitude and the experience of those with some attitudes. The biggest war mongers from both sides seem to be those who’ve done nothing. Can’t lie I only have 6 Israelis that ended up in one of my circle of friends. 5 were sympathetic to Palestinians and critical of their government. 1 was a kill em all type who complained about too many blacks in Europe. The mad thing was the 1 was the only one who didn’t serve her time. She bragged about how she avoided her service. The other 5 did their time when called up and all saw action. 3 fought in Lebanon in the 06 offensive that was a lot more brutal than the history books will tell us.

Will post this in spoilers as it’s irrelevant to the thread but it’s a “nice” story

A good friend of mine was doing a private security job and witnessed this years ago. It happened by an illegal settlement. Some kids were playing football. Mixed group. Jews and Muslims and the parents of both sides ended up trying to break it up. Individuals from a “pro Palestinian” militant group came out and chastised the Palestinian parents saying “let them play their fucking game”. Armed members of the IDF did the same to the Jewish parents. Both “armed” groups stuck around to make sure no one fucked with the kids playing football with each other. No doubt both sides “superiors” would have been pissed about that.

there is a small amount of hope.

Israel’s actions have created more “terrorists” than they ever killed. At the same time some of the Hamas action today is hardly going to generate a sympathetic view point from people who would gladly carpet bomb Gaza to the ground anyway.

My opinion is fighters/soldiers on MY side are legitimate targets, war is war and I may not like it but it is what it is. Targeting civilians even if they are on my enemy’s side is never acceptable.

Hamas really have pulled off a “spectacular” today as the French say. I really hope they are not stupid enough to start killing hostages

Serious question. Since the vast majority of the Middle East is Muslim and Arabic why don’t they Arabs in Palestine move to one of their brothers places?

They are fighting a lost cause and will be annihilated. They can just go across the border and settle with their Arab Muslim brothers. No, Muslims do not have a right to own all land in the Middle East.

Kidnapping of a mother and her children can never be justified. May IDF act swiftly.
F709XGhXMAAMzpW

At first, I thought that this story might be a psy-op, but this is not good. I really hope that this de-escalates soon.

Israel may have won battles and wars against Arab nations in the past, but they only have to lose one of them.

I wonder where the Palestinians are even getting their weapon supply from? Iran? How are they supplying them?

Serious question. Since the vast majority of the Middle East is Muslim and Arabic why don’t they Arabs in Palestine move to one of their brothers places?

They are fighting a lost cause and will be annihilated. They can just go across the border and settle with their Arab Muslim brothers. No, Muslims do not have a right to own all land in the Middle East.

Do you even Black September, bro?;)

Yeah, just give up your land goy, you don't need it.

Cause it was America that armed and trained Israel, whats wrong, afraid of a fair fight. Also that's why Americans are cowards too, every time boots hit the ground, Americans lose.

America doesn't actively arm terrorists.

America also hasn't lost a single war in recent memory. America does get tired of wasting money at some point and leaves...that's not the same as 'losing'...

Also it's so cute that you think wars have to be fought in a 'fair' way...what are you 15?

They trained and equipped a lot of the mujahideen (Al Queda ) , long before usa pulled out of Afghanistan . ( even before the Afghanistan occupation)

Even in 2015 syrian fighters trained and equipped by usa gave a lot of equipment to al Queda affiliates.

Weapons bought by the U.S. military ended up in the hands of ISIS fighters within two months, according to a report published by Conflict Armament Research.

As silly as it is.... they basically did arm all 3 of the groups you've mentioned

They were freedom fighters in the prior days so it's all good.

Your attempts at humour are as weak as your grasp of history and military tactics.

I'm the hysterical bitch? You're the one calling the IDF and US Military cowards for using air superiority.

<DisgustingHHH>
Of course you are when you try to put words in my mouth that I didn't say.
Air superiority = unfair advantage = COWARDICE!!!!
It's like a grown man going to beat up a child, then again Israeli soldiers do shit like than on the regular, maybe that's why you can't tell the difference?

America also hasn't lost a single war. America does get tired of wasting money at some point and leaves...

Also it's so cute that you think wars have to be fought in a 'fair' way...what are you 15?

>America doesn't actively arm terrorist.
You burger mutts are living in a delusion.

Yes, but one side has stones and the other the support of America. Not really a fair fight, let's be honest.

Since when did muslims believe in fair fights? The only time they stand a chance of winning is when the odds are stacking in their favour 1/100000. Also, they have 'allah' on their side, which is supposed to guarantee them victory... but all they do is stack up losses. Hmmmm.

America also hasn't lost a single war. America does get tired of wasting money at some point and leaves...

Didn't say they should be fought fair, but it still is cowardice.

Your attempts at humour are as weak as your grasp of history and military tactics.

I'm the hysterical bitch? You're the one calling the IDF and US Military cowards for using air superiority.

<DisgustingHHH>
I find the entire mindset of complaining about a war not being a fair fight super bizarre.

It's like some retards think a war is like a sports contest where you're trying to figure out who is better.

Of course you are when you try to put words in my mouth that I didn't say.
Air superiority = unfair advantage = COWARDICE!!!!
It's like a grown man going to beat up a child, then again Israeli soldiers do shit like than on the regular, maybe that's why you can't tell the difference?

The last thing any soldier, from any nation on earth, wants is a fair fight. Warfare isn't a TKD tournament at your local McDojo. It's a vicious, brutal thing to be won as quickly as possible by all means under International Law. And air superiority comes under that.

Oh, and if the circumstances were reversed, and Hamas/Hezbollah had air superiority, they'd only stop bombing Israeli cities where there was no rubble left to bounce.

Since when did muslims believe in fair fights? The only time they stand a chance of winning is when the odds are stacking in their favour 1/100000. Also, they have 'allah' on their side, which is supposed to guarantee them victory... but all they do is stack up losses. Hmmmm.
I don't know, ask someone who is Muslim.

I find the entire mindset of complaining about a war not being a fair fight super bizarre.

It's like some retards think a war is like a sports contest where you're trying to figure out who is better.

In fairness..... sadly for a lot of people it's exactly like supporting a sport.

People love the highlight reels with background music and the edited versions.

Just like a sports fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back