International Hamas launches surprise attack on Israel; Israel has declared a state of war.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not well versed enough in the geo-political history to comment with any sort of authority, but the situation a) makes me sad, and b) there doesn't appear to be any clear "good guy" vs "bad guy" side in this conflict. Both sides seem shitty, but for different reasons.

Jewish people have literally been kicked out of 109 different countries. Israel is their one and only place they can call home. We need to make sure they are allowed a peaceful and prosperous life just like everyone else.
Why do you feel that the U.S. has a NEED to take care of Israel?

Jewish people have literally been kicked out of 109 different countries. Israel is their one and only place they can call home. We need to make sure they are allowed a peaceful and prosperous life just like everyone else.
The best way to do that is go back to the 1969 borders

More justification and rationalization of the most barbaric forms of terrorism.

This is the same logic that would encourage a culture to publicly execute, torture, and drag the corpses of those "convicted" through the street; to string their bodies up from trees cranes and write some slogan warning the world of their crimes. But wait! Islam already does that, don't they? Why, yes they do. The very nation probably funding most of this attack, in fact.
IRAN-PIC-MUZZED-2.jpg
Way to avoid the argument. You're flailing buddy. Civilians are sacrificed toward a strategic objective all the time, Hiroshima was deliberately targeted even though it had no military value. Japenese civilians were the target. Thats a reality of warfare.

You suck. You're a dog shit poster, and worse at debating.

Hopefully I can put you on Iggy.

Saturday night and this fella is rattled.

Log off and take a break pal.

You’re a good mod/poster but you don’t have to be pro Palestinian to recognise that Isreal forces have and do kill children. Isreali forces have used children as human shields (literally tieing them to jeeps) and while I have no examples of bodies being paraded they have damn sure kept the bodies and have been exposed for exactly what the US claim the Chinese have done - organ harvesting. You can condemn the wrongs of one side without denying the crimes of the other
You’re a good mod but = I’m going to say something that pisses you off but please don’t give me yellows.

Yes, Native Americans have a moral argument for total war. People take up philosophies of peace when vengeance seems hopeless. If someone gave Native American leadership independent control of some nuclear subs I'd expect them to wage war and make demands.
lol ok then i hope u dont have kids

Israel should not intentionally target the killing/maiming/murdering/raping/torturing of Palestinian civilians. Anti-Israel combatants should not do the same toward Israeli's. That isn't difficult to say.

The issue is Israel gains nothing from doing such murderous acts. They already have the power and legitimacy of a state. Palestinian extremists can do exactly what they're doing (savagery), hope for Israel to respond and these savages gain political currency if their own people are killed. They want Palestinian civilian deaths, it serves their cause. If that's the position they take, and they hide among the civi's, Palestinians have to excise their own tumors while Israel defends itself. Unfortunately they won't because the average Palestinian is anti-Israel. Israel cannot win in the court of public opinion, but they can stamp out Palestinian murderers with swift response and let them bury their own bodies.

I wonder what you'd say if I told you I thought Timothy McVeigh did what he had to do because of the AWB of 94 and Waco/Ruby Ridge. Had to do something to stop the federal government from continued constitutional erosion, right? :confused:

This whole issue is very strange. This is not how reasonably minded people viewed the IRA and the situation is remarkably similar.

Israeli politicians seem just as willing to use civilian deaths to justify their cause to me and the gain is looking to legitimise occupation of Palestian territory.

Both actions are terrible but what it comes down to for me is really who is diving the situation, who has the ability to change it and what is our role? it seems like Israel is the one driving it to me and could do something about whats happening by returning to the peace process and stopping illegal settlements and our relation is that we directly fund Israels occupation, I don't think many people would be claiming we should be funding Hamas.

I’m against killing civilians, what I’m saying is Palestinians do not have a choice anymore. Every avenue to secure their future has been taken away from them, the international community is allowing Israel to steal their land with impunity and Israel does not feel threatened military, so there is no cost being imposed for Palestine’s dispossession and oppression. The only answer is to exact a cost and make it imperative for Israel to go back to the negotiating table. If it’s between killing innocent civilians and securing the future of their homeland then the Israeli civilians will be sacrificed. The US dropped atomic bombs on both Hiroshima and Nagasaki knowing that they weren’t military targets, Hiroshima was completely intact because it had no military value so the US deliberately targeted civilians because they thought it would save more American lives in the long run. If you’re upset that Hamas is attacking civilians then direct your anger at Israel, they’re the ones who’ve put the Palestinians in a corner.
The issue is that these actions make people on the international stage less sympathetic to the Palestinians which hurts their diplomatic leverage. Not that they have much to be fair.
Way to avoid the argument. You're flailing buddy. Civilians are sacrificed toward a strategic objective all the time, Hiroshima was deliberately targeted even though it had no military value. Japenese civilians were the target. Thats a reality of warfare.
I don't think anyone would accept something like Hiroshima or the bombing of Tokyo today though. We tell ourselves comforting myths to justify those past actions but if you tried to take the same approach today you'd be called a war criminal.

Palestinian last stand before they become a footnote in history.

Isreal is the US largest R&D partner and 3rd most represented nation on the NASDAQ. Not to mention heavily sought out for trade with China and Europe. They are an absolute powerhouse and will be backed by global interest if they want to turn Palestine into a parking lot.

Last edited:
I'm not well versed enough in the geo-political history to comment with any sort of authority, but the situation a) makes me sad, and b) there doesn't appear to be any clear "good guy" vs "bad guy" side in this conflict. Both sides seem shitty, but for different reasons.

This is a great post.

If there was economic pressure it would help, but Israel has a pretty good grip on the U.S. and they'll act as their dogs for almost any occasion.
These people are hilarious, if the Palestinians protest they get shot and beaten by the IDF, if they attack Israel they're called terrorists, if they call for economic boycotts they're anti-semites lol. They just want Palestinians to go in a corner and die off quietly. Delusional.

Biden is funding global warfare. It is undeniable to anyone other than biased window lickers. Unrelated to the atrocities Bush contributed to. You are just another party shill.

Yes, Biden is behind every single incident in the world.

Hiroshima and Nagasaki were specifically targered because they were not the greatest population centers of Japan. The goal was to end the war more quickly than with a protracted conflict that was already underway, and thereby save far more American (and Allied) lives by forcing Japan to yield. It also arguably saved far more Japanese lives, ultimately. Despite this, it is still debated whether or not the atrocity was necessary. Furthermore, America did not attack Japan first. Japan attacked the US.

The only person making a fool of himself is the one justifying the unprovoked murder of children as merry spectacle.

LOL, another classic. Like they're skipping rocks on a lake.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palestinian_stone-throwing

Far more have been maimed such as losing eyes, or suffering brain injuries.

Jesus Christ. I’m sure you have a link for how many have been killed with a pole. White flags are on poles so anyone shot waving a white flag got what they deserved

Gaza white flag deaths probe call
Israel must investigate the "unlawful" killing of 11 civilians carrying white flags during its Gaza operation earlier in 2009, Human Rights Watch has said.

Five women and four children were among those killed in seven incidents detailed by the US-based rights group.

Researchers said the soldiers at best failed to protect civilians, and at worst deliberately shot at them.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/8198863.stm

Hiroshima and Nagasaki were specifically targered because they were not the greatest population centers of Japan. The goal was to end the war more quickly than with a protracted conflict that was already underway, and thereby save far more American (and Allied) lives by forcing Japan to yield. It also arguably saved far more Japanese lives, ultimately. Despite this, it is still debated whether or not the atrocity was necessary. Furthermore, America did not attack Japan first. Japan attacked the US.

The only person making a fool of himself is the one justifying the unprovoked murder of children as merry spectacle.

They were targeted because of the amount of arms factory’s located in a small area and because the other major populated areas had been carpet bombed already. Lol at the very notion that civilian population was a consideration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back