Has a fighter ever won by "robbery", and also admitted they lost?

Lol no
Forrest beat Tito

It was close but at the time I scored it for Tito and remember thinking that Tito was 2-1 in the trilogy with easiest fight to score being the second one for Griffin. Never re-watched it.

With that being said, I also wasn't overly surprised that Griffin got the decision.

Rampage vs Machida comes to mind.
With Blachowicz vs Ank there are cultural differences at play. Fighters like Ank and Tsarukyan are crybabies who can't accept losing.
Jan said in the cage that he didn't think he won, but he also didn't think he lost, meaning it was a draw in his mind. When Rogan and Ank started crying he stepped back in like a frustrated father would.

Rogan for some reason really dislikes Jan, might be because he derailed multiple UFC hypetrains.

It was close but at the time I scored it for Tito and remember thinking that Tito was 2-1 in the trilogy with easiest fight to score being the second one for Griffin. Never re-watched it.

With that being said, I also wasn't overly surprised that Griffin got the decision.
I need to rewatch all of their fights, it’s been years. They were good

"Oh yeah, without a doubt my toughest fight. Wow, I lost memory, in the fight, a little bit. Imagine how tough it was. I couldn't see with one of my eyes. He, uh, he really messed me up. I need vacation right now." - GSP

Rampage said he thought he lost vs Machida but I thought he won.

I think Rampage was just out of it, and was being hard on himself. He didn't by any means get outclassed.

I just rewatched it. He praised Reyes a lot, and admitted it was a very close fight and that he decided to turn up the heat on the later rounds to secure the win. He said he felt it was close, but the takedowns sealed the victory

This is one of my favorite interviews.

"I turned it on in the fifth round.... between the take downs, and the fact that I completely dominated the fifth round.... That fifth round won me that fight."

That is literally what he said. I just played it back.

So Jon here thinks that he won, due to the 5th round. But..... he didn't get 10-8 scores from any judge. So..... how does this work? If he had dominated the final round so hard that he was awarded 10-8 scores (which did not happen), he would have had a draw on his hands, not a victory. But he didn't get a draw. Because the judges fucked up and gave Round 2 to Jon, despite Reyes landing 50% more strikes in the 2nd.

Terrible shit.

Attachments

• upload_2023-5-22_21-21-25.png
    upload_2023-5-22_21-21-25.png
    582.4 KB · Views: 3
You must come from a long line of suckers. You made up imaginary scenarios where a man said he lost like a straight up little gossiping school girl. Keisha I need you to grow the hell up. Have some dignity about yourself and don’t sink so low
You may do the exact thing of what you accuse the guy.
It may very well be old sherdogger with his 17th account in 20 years.
I am slightly after 40 myself and some memories I completely lost and few times my brain created false memory.
When Colby started to raise in popularity, I was calling him Tuffer.
I was 100 percent sure Colby went through ultimate fighter. I even remembered some of his pranks and stupid jokes what he did while on Tuf. To this day I don't know which fighter I mixed up with Colby.
I agree liers only should be confronted with truth. The unnecessary insults just degraded your post.

Yes, things did happen but the
Page won the rounds, Machida won the fight - ergo, the scoring system is flawed.

By the same logic I always believed Rampage never lost to Forrest Griffin as the title holder. Actually I don't believe Forrest even won more rounds in that fight, I had it in favor of Rampage 3-2.

Regardless of the judges final decision Rampage remains humble almost all of the time. He's like that.

Last edited:
Yeah it was a 10-8 first and then Fitch did Fitch things the next two rounds. Luckily they didn’t do 5 round main events back then haha

If I recall right Penn won the first two rounds with back control and Fitch landed a big punch to start the third and then took him down and smashed his face the entire round. So I always imagined it was Jon who got the 10-8 for that third. Never checked it so might be wrong.

I think Rampage was just out of it, and was being hard on himself. He didn't by any means get outclassed.

Oh, he absolutely did get outclassed overall. Nothing happened in the first two rounds that he edged and then he got his ass kicked in round 3.

His reaction made sense when looking at through Pride scoring, as he clearly lost the overall fight. It's just that under 10-9 he edged it.

Don't like the guy, but credit to him for twice saying he thought his opponent won.

It takes someone who is very secure with themselves and emotionally strong to look at themselves completely objectively and honestly.

If I recall right Penn won the first two rounds with back control and Fitch landed a big punch to start the third and then took him down and smashed his face the entire round. So I always imagined it was Jon who got the 10-8 for that third. Never checked it so might be wrong.
You could absolutely be right to be honest, been a long time

Edit: looked up the pbp and it seems your recollection is better than mine. Penn won the first, close second apparently and Jon dominating the 3rd

Back