Has Anyone Been Getting Back into Sports Card Recently?

Safer to put $500k into an index mutual fund.

I think if some whale is gonna part with $500k for a sports card, he's probably a collector and is not worried about the card appreciating.

I think if some whale is gonna part with $500k for a sports card, he's probably a collector and is not worried about the card appreciating.

I learned my lesson on overpaying for hype. I did however clean up on Luka and Trae Young stuff because it was much cheaper in the beginning and the value was there.
103133861_2984559061620395_957439476884938969_o.jpg

Not really, but I bought one pack of Topps Baseball Series 2 hoping for a one pack one Shohei Ohtani pull, but got Vlad Guerrero Jr. "RC" and later learned that's not even his real RC and there's multiple Topps RCs but with diff photo. I don't know what's going on these days.
The variations are where it's all. I bought this short print for $75.

89958362_10163273087980217_4549158351228895232_n.jpg

WTF? so is colecting trading cards big again??

https://nypost.com/2021/05/13/target-stops-selling-sports-pokemon-cards-after-fight/

"Target will stop selling all sports and Pokémon trading cards on shelves after a man was attacked over the red-hot collectibles, company officials said.

The move, effective Friday, is out of an “abundance of caution” for staff and shoppers following the violent confrontation last week outside a Target in Wisconsin that involved a victim pulling a gun on four men who attacked him during a disagreement over sports trading cards.

“The safety of our guests and our team is our top priority,” the retail giant told The Post in a statement Thursday. “Out of an abundance of caution, we’ve decided to temporarily suspend the sale of MLB, NFL, NBA and Pokémon trading cards within our stores, effective May 14.”

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/target-pokemon-cards/

"Target last month limited card sales to three packs per person per day, then to one pack per day. But the policy led to even more frenzied speculation with some shoppers camping out outside the stores before they opened.

Last week, a shopper leaving a Target store in Wisconsin was attacked by three men in the parking lot, leading the victim to pull out his gun and neighboring stores to impose momentary lockdowns. No shots were fired, and the victim suffered only minor injuries, according to reports. It's unclear which type of trading card was the cause of the scuffle.
"

Back