Have you ever considered going vegan

No. I don't see the point beyond vegetarianism.

Also I don't think it matters how you consume, unless you're the mega rich.

Also everything dies, but cattle get some life before being eaten so its a win for them.

I'm basically against unnecessary cruelty. Vegans probably think they're making a difference, that's dangerous because they're not.

I write letters to my mp to encourage legislation and I buy mosquito nets.

It's dangerous to think thoughts?! Those vegans are performing a lot of thought crimes huh.

Of course they do, and that is why I try to stay away from heavily processed products and buy farm-produced meat.

The animal is given supplements during the growing process, it has nothing to do with it being processed or not.

No. For the most part veganism is an extreme black and white perspective and doesn't account for nuance.

Like why not enjoy an egg from a hobby farm free range raised chicken?

It comes across as masochism, like taking lashings to show how devout you are to whatever it is you worship

No. For the most part veganism is an extreme black and white perspective and doesn't account for nuance.

Like why not enjoy an egg from a hobby farm free range raised chicken?

It comes across as masochism, like taking lashings to show how devout you are to whatever it is you worship
I mean I’ve met Vegans that just prefer it

It's dangerous to think thoughts?! Those vegans are performing a lot of thought crimes huh.

No silly, it's dangerous to think you're making a difference when you are not. People have a finite amount of goodwill they think the universe deserves back and if they're spending it on fluff it's worse for the world and by extension the rest of us.

No silly, it's dangerous to think you're making a difference when you are not. People have a finite amount of goodwill they think the universe deserves back and if they're spending it on fluff it's worse for the world and by extension the rest of us.

{<jordan}

It's dangerous that those vegans don't slaughter animals for food, how dare they think they are making a difference! They should save some goodwill for the rest of us!

{<jordan}

It's dangerous that those vegans don't slaughter animals for food, how dare they think they are making a difference! They should save some goodwill for the rest of us!

They don't usually kill the animals themselves, but lots die in all food production. The difference is that meat eaters give theirs some life they wouldn't have had were it not for their use as meat. Vegans cause the death of thousands of wild animals for their food.

You're not thinking very clearly.

They don't usually kill the animals themselves, but lots die in all food production. The difference is that meat eaters give theirs some life they wouldn't have had were it not for their use as meat. Vegans cause the death of thousands of wild animals for their food.

You're not thinking very clearly.

Everytime I bring this up in these kinds of discussions, the retort I usually get tends to be it's incidental/by product so they can keep the moral high ground.

Out of curiosity how many high level MMA fighters have been vegan?

Before anyone mentions Jake Shields, he's vegetarian.

Last edited:
Everytime I bring this up in these kinds of discussions, the retort I usually get tends to be it's incidental/by product so they can keep the moral high ground.

giphy.webp

I guess it's better than realising the most ethical solution would be to kill oneself, or actually do good charitable work rather than just consuming in a different way. God it's depressing how fucking mundane we all are.

I keep hoping!

It's a dietary death cult and far from ethical.

I went vegan for a year and then went back to meat.

Technically, I wasn't really vegan, I was on a whole foods plant based diet.

But because that diet has an absurdly long name it was just easier to say I was vegan.

Anyhoo, it helped me lose weight and all my bloodwork improved. But I abandoned it because my weight loss plateaued, I started noticing muscle loss, and this part might have been mental but I just generally felt weak.

Went back to eating meat and gained about 75% of the weight back, but I feel stronger and generally just better. So I just need to try some other way to lose the beer belly.
Could stop drinking beer, but let’s not get too desperate

Back