Have you ever experienced any paranormal activity?

Have you ever experienced any paranormal activity?

• Total voters
Explain please.

Peck also discussed the question of the devil.[8] Initially he believed, as with "99% of psychiatrists and the majority of clergy" (Peck, 1983/1988,[8] p182), that the devil did not exist; but, after starting to believe in the reality of human evil, he then began to contemplate the reality of spiritual evil. Eventually, after having been referred several possible cases of possession and being involved in two exorcisms, he was converted to a belief in the existence of Satan. Peck considered people who are possessed as being victims of evil, but of not being evil themselves. Peck, however, considered possession to be rare, and human evil common. He did believe there was some relationship between Satan and human evil, but was unsure of its exact nature.

This excerpt is from M. Scott Peck’s Wikipedia page. I highly recommend reading the entire section on Evil.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/M._Scott_Peck

Never did even when i'm with people who pick up all kinds of "oppression". May there are sensitive people. I'm the opposite.

Far more likely to be brain-related. Fever related or something. We don't even know how the brain works, when things become different, strange and/or hard to categorize we don't need to call upon notions of "spirit possession" to explain.

It wasn't long ago that a whole host of things were pinned on the devil or spirits. Tourette/tick disorder? - that's "Possession!" Death by any number of outwardly invisibe things like cancer? Oh, that's "Consumpion!"

Pfffft.
"We don't even know how the brain works"
Something we can physically touch and study and we don't even know all its secrets. But you're 100% sure ghosts aren't real?

(Not the movie)

I've never experienced anything paranormal in my life. I've heard some stories of people experiencing stuff like this. But I have never witnessed it at all fortunately or unfortunately.

How about you?

39C8BBAE-C7EB-49C5-B7FFC2DEEC9C7724_source.jpg

how do u define paranormal?
Ghosts? Aliens?

I used to work, while in university, at a treatment centre (youth) that was an old hospital from the 1930s. I worked on weekends, the odd weekday, and did the night shift most of the time. There was one male and one female on overnight shifts. Part of the job was when the clients were asleep you'd do clean up - mopping, laundry, etc. Of course I had to do the basement area which was the old morgue.

Some nights were tense - you just felt something in air and one part of the basement your hair would stand on end when you went near - it was a counselling room that was locked but you had to sweep and mop near it and boy oh boy you'd feel some negative energy as soon as you got near it.

Many other odd things happening. One night i was doing laundry and behind heard voices of children run by (like toddler age) me and past a locked door. I was definitely glad to see the sun that shift.

I could go on but don't feel like it. I definitely feel that it had something to do with the energies of people who past on there when it was a hospital as well as the bad energies of the people coming off of drugs and alcohol.

Well back in the day when watching the Gate 2, that me and my sisters liked the phone would ring at the same spot of the movie no matter the time of day with no one ever being on the other line.
And aside from that let the dog out, then a few minutes later me andy sisters saw it in the house and she wouldn't come when we called. We got close the dog ran up stairs and into a large closet then it disappeared and we heard it outside. My sisters have more stories as well.

Last edited:
We do take it personally. There are serious consequences for horse shit like this.

Science is real, ghosts are not. When we start aquiessing to the childlike needs of people to have their special stories taken seriously, we threaten the very notion of a shared reality. It's important that we are truthful with each other.

I'd say you've got it twisted. The feelings are on the side of the people who insist they need to be taken seriously despite spouting bullshit.

I used to have an imaginary friend when I was 4. If my parents were to tell me that he didn't exist, that would not be a case of their feelings being hurt. It would, in fact be a case of them being unnecessarily cruel to a 4 year old. The difference in this case is that people who espouse ghost stories aren't children and should be held to a higher standard

This isn't even a scientifically proper statement, and you're appealing to it (science) in order to proactively dismiss this thread's content and people's contributions?

Fail.

Anyway, to share a couple, I've experienced some synchronicity that I'd consider paranormal due to its statistical unlikelihood of being pure chance. Could just almost see the strings.

I've also had a shadow person encounter in conjunction with sleep paralysis.

even when there are photos and proof, we don't have any way of knowing it's real, it's a high bar for sure. Ever see that pic of the Amityville horror house with the ghost boy? I've never seen a sufficient explanation of that one way or the other but it is spooky.
No can you show me the pic

No can you show me the pic
sure, it's easy to find, I was on my phone when I tried to link it:

https://www.historyvshollywood.com/reelfaces/amityville-ghost-boy.php

and here is a brief little excerpt from a docu:

https://www.amazon.com/vdp/0ec2a0de8cff44279cf0e152ed4787d4

they tried to say it might be another person who was around when the pic was taken. Which is the proper thing to do, we should exhaust the shit out of all explanations. But it still doesn't adequately explain it in my opinion.

Yes.

Anyhoo, seems like a good thread for me to mention that I have insanely lucid dreams followed by brutal headaches every once in a while.

I was alone one night and I had some weed in a bowl on my counter. So I'm playing a game and I hear a crash. My bowl somehow magically flew off the counter. I guess my ghost really doesn't like weed.

Peck also discussed the question of the devil.[8] Initially he believed, as with "99% of psychiatrists and the majority of clergy" (Peck, 1983/1988,[8] p182), that the devil did not exist; but, after starting to believe in the reality of human evil, he then began to contemplate the reality of spiritual evil. Eventually, after having been referred several possible cases of possession and being involved in two exorcisms, he was converted to a belief in the existence of Satan. Peck considered people who are possessed as being victims of evil, but of not being evil themselves. Peck, however, considered possession to be rare, and human evil common. He did believe there was some relationship between Satan and human evil, but was unsure of its exact nature.

This excerpt is from M. Scott Peck’s Wikipedia page. I highly recommend reading the entire section on Evil.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/M._Scott_Peck

I read it, I still don't know what to think. I know there is evil everywhere, what I don't know about is if there is a creature called the devil, I think that's silly, especially for a psychologist to claim he saw. With all the billions of people on earth, his likeliehood of running across a couple that were possessed by satan himself seem remote.

I would way more easily believe that there are just plain evil/dark/life denying energies and individual spirits who roam about and influence us, I'd believe that way before I'd think Peck met the devil.

I have witnessed "possession" when I lived with the preacher. I later came to believe that it was the girl regressing into a traumatic molestation scene which was trapped in her mind, not some demons, but I still cannot explain how the girl knew things like "there are more records in the house" (they burned all secular records and then they dug out mine and burned them all, how did she know that I had a collections? She didn't live there at first) Also, there was the pungent smell of sulfur which is always associated with hell. When the pastor suggested I might be possessed, I kinda freaked because I didn't want anyone praying over me like they did this girl, however, on a couple occasions I was many, many miles away and I could smell that same sulfur smell, it really effected me. I still don't know what to make of it all and yes, I do believe that evil spirits influence us, it's the only way I can make sense of the monstrous stuff human beings do.

I also think we have to look at other answers first, as in this girls case, I really do think she was going into a trance/regression state of being molested, just the way she was moving like someone was having sex with her. Either way, it was unsettling to say the least and when asked how many demons were in her she replied "legions" and "666". I really wish I could ask this woman today what she thinks of it all in retrospect.

I was alone one night and I had some weed in a bowl on my counter. So I'm playing a game and I hear a crash. My bowl somehow magically flew off the counter. I guess my ghost really doesn't like weed.
he trying to help you.

Man, I was really hoping this thread would take off. I've never experienced anything paranormal and I'm a skeptic to say the least, but I really like reading these types of stories.

i had a girlfriend whose house was haunted. she would often wake up with a girl sitting at the foot of her bed staring at her but i never saw that. but late at night i would sometimes wake up in her bed and hear an eerie sort of sound that i was not sure was actually there and as i listened it would get louder and louder and it was impossible to explain.... like an osculating drone sound and then you would hear what sounded like dozens of rats in her ceiling and it was extremely creepy and messed up. that happened dozens of times over there.

we also had the phenomenon of something slamming the walls in our home loudly and forcefully when nobody else was home and that went on for a few months.

but ive experienced a ton of this kind of thing.

(Not the movie)

I've never experienced anything paranormal in my life. I've heard some stories of people experiencing stuff like this. But I have never witnessed it at all fortunately or unfortunately.

How about you?

39C8BBAE-C7EB-49C5-B7FFC2DEEC9C7724_source.jpg

Yes, my ex worked for the Ghost Hunters show, and I used to go to places they filmed at. I didn't experience much of all with them but I did on my own and we did on our own.

*When I was a teenager I would go spend a week in the summer at my cousin's house in Sonora, up in the Sierra mountains. My cousins would always say they'd see someone out of the corner of their eye, either looking over the staircase or standing in the long dirt driveway, basically all over the property. One night that summer I woke up around 5 or 6 AM and there was a man standing in the hallway. From the bed I was in, I could see into the hallway. He was facing the room on the other side of the hallway where my little cousin was asleep. Thinking I was dreaming, I rubbed my eyes really hard trying to wake up but he was still there. Then I opened and closed my eyes over and over as wide as I could trying to wake up but he was still there. Then he just vanished. I wasn't asleep, I never woke up because I was already awake. He had a dark blue light around him and he kind of looked like an old cowboy, jeans and a shirt and a hat. I couldn't see below his knees, his body just stopped at his knees.

*My ex and I went to check out Wyatt Earp's grave because I love westerns and the old west. It was getting dark and we were the only people in the cemetery other than a few male gardeners way off in the distance. My ex had her voice recorder and was asking questions but nothing strange happened until the ride home. She played back the recorder and when she asked if anyone wants to talk to us, you can clearly hear a woman's voice say yes. Blew us away because my ex was the only woman in the cemetery.

*Also with the same ex, we stayed in Virginia City at the Silver Queen in the room where Zach Baggins had his big experience and got a tattoo of the room number. I didn't know about this at the time, or maybe his experience was after we were there. Anyway everyone said the room the haunted. A prostitute killed herself in that room in the 1800s. Now the room had a high ceiling, a bathtub next to the bed, no tv. We set up cameras and went to sleep. I had a dream that I was on the floor between the bed and the bathtub and there was a woman on top of me attacking me, scratching my face. In the dream I was desperately reaching onto the bed with my left arm trying to wake my ex up. Then I woke up in bed as I was when I went to sleep but I was sweating and breathing hard. It was a dream but maybe the most realistic I've ever had. Here's a picture of the room when I googled it. So we were asleep on the bed and I was dreaming that I was on the floor between the bathtub and the bed

rm-11-very-cold-also.jpg

I have more stories but those stand out......

Last edited:
Back