Law Headlining Crime V5

23 year old woman with an extensive history of prior violent crime arrest but not convictions assaults a subway Cellist with a metal water bottle... released under 'supervision' in... you guessed it... New York City.

The DA did his job this time, asking for a high bail because the suspect failed to appear in 3 other cases, but the judge didn't want to hear it.

Liberals decided state run mental asylums were not humane at the time (they weren't), and conservatives took the ball and spiked it at the opportunity to not spend money on society's welfare instead of coming together with a plan to reform the institutions.

The only good thing the left is there for is the unemployment line and homeless people. That's it.

This is why there are multiple problems in major cities with defunding the police notion and other political areas. The democrats only care about unimportant issues.

It's not about the "order" of which happened when, if you're actually interested in finding solutions though. Someone like Koppe posting a laughing emoji at a story about a mentally unstable man killing a cop (then being killed himself) doesn't get a pass as "reprehensible but inconsequential" in this discussion.

There's no way you believe that simply asserting "all the negativity toward police is just a direct reaction to their actions and thus, the responsibility lies solely with the police to mend all relationships with those who feel wronged by them" is going to create actual solutions.
Actually it's very much about the order if you want to find solutions. Finding solutions often requires identifying the origin because if you don't know what started the sequence, you risk implementing solutions that repeat the same problem.

As for your 2nd paragraph, since I didn't say that I'm not sure what you're looking for as a response. I said that the onus to reset the relationship falls on the government side of the equation.

Think about it like a dating relationship where the 2 people have gone down a rabbit hole of toxicity. Someone has to reset the dynamic. And that someone should be the person whose actions initiated the chain of events. That does not mean they bear the whole burden of resetting the dynamic - it means that they have to start the change.

If some dude cheats on his wife and they end up in a bad place, it's never going to work if he says "It's her responsibility to repair this relationship, I'll just wait for her." Why doesn't that work? Because he's the one who started it. He has to acknowledge that, figure out how to repair the relationship and then implement that. After that, the burden shifts to her to acknowledge that effort is being made and alter her behavior as well. But it's never going to be repaired when the aggrieved party is also being told that they have to start the remediation. "I was wronged AND I have to apologize before you do anything?"

That's why the order absolutely matters if people want genuine solutions.

Throwing money at the homeless and mentally ill won't help the problem. Institutions would. Making people more comfortable with their mental illness is not helping anyone.
Baltimore school districts are a fine example of just that

I'm saying that if you want to know why some react this way, you can point at least some of the blame at those who gleefully mock the death of cops (and in this case also the mentally unstable person that killed the cop). We've discussed other topics and I'm quite sure you realize that things don't happen in a vacuum. So yeah there are cops who behave in the manner you describe. Detestable. But then there are those like Koppe who seemingly rejoice in the death of cops who in this case we have no evidence acted in that manner at all. That type of behavior is going to elicit pretty extreme responses.
Queens like Koppe are the first to call the cops at the first sign of danger...You see it all the time.

Actually it's very much about the order if you want to find solutions. Finding solutions often requires identifying the origin because if you don't know what started the sequence, you risk implementing solutions that repeat the same problem.

As for your 2nd paragraph, since I didn't say that I'm not sure what you're looking for as a response. I said that the onus to reset the relationship falls on the government side of the equation.

Think about it like a dating relationship where the 2 people have gone down a rabbit hole of toxicity. Someone has to reset the dynamic. And that someone should be the person whose actions initiated the chain of events. That does not mean they bear the whole burden of resetting the dynamic - it means that they have to start the change.

If some dude cheats on his wife and they end up in a bad place, it's never going to work if he says "It's her responsibility to repair this relationship, I'll just wait for her." Why doesn't that work? Because he's the one who started it. He has to acknowledge that, figure out how to repair the relationship and then implement that. After that, the burden shifts to her to acknowledge that effort is being made and alter her behavior as well. But it's never going to be repaired when the aggrieved party is also being told that they have to start the remediation. "I was wronged AND I have to apologize before you do anything?"

That's why the order absolutely matters if people want genuine solutions.

Using your analogy, if the husband cheats and in response the wife also cheats and then spreads lies about him beating her and then in response to THAT the husband spreads lies that the wife embezzles from her company and it goes back and forth...at some point the original transgression is simply one of many. An acknowlement that he started the chain of events is fine, but it hasn't begun to solve anything.

In addition, with a dynamic as complicated as one with a nation of police forces and their interactions with those who feel aggrieved, who determines what's a good faith effort in a macro sense to "take the first step to repair the relationship"?

To add, the "origin" of something so vast as police interactions with literally millions of people likely isn't going to have one "root cause" that led to a strained relationship. Its going to be the byproduct of countless moving parts, with blame to go around. Trying to act as though there could be some sort of consensus from so many different communities (let alone individuals!) seems naive.

An example:

A specific neighborhood has members who voice concerns that police are showing too heavy a presence and are too aggressive with tactics to some who live there. In response, the police set up a town hall style meeting with anyone who wants to show up from that neighborhood and discuss the issues. People show up and there's massive disagreement amongst the members. Some strongly feel the police are unfairly targeting some residents and using too aggressive of tactics when they do. Other residents argue that the police should even be MORE aggressive because of how extensive crime and violence is in that place. No consensus at all is reached everyone goes home.

Did that department make a good faith effort to "reset the dynamic"? Who decides if they did?

The only good thing the left is there for is the unemployment line and homeless people. That's it.

This is why there are multiple problems in major cities with defunding the police notion and other political areas. The democrats only care about unimportant issues.

Thanks for your worthless post. I will not remember it.

The DA did his job this time, asking for a high bail because the suspect failed to appear in 3 other cases, but the judge didn't want to hear it.
At her arraignment Thursday on second-degree assault charges, Manhattan prosecutors argued for $15,000 cash bail or $45,000 bond, noting that Hunter has failed to appear at three of her five court dates in other criminal cases last year. Judge Marva Brown, who opted Thursday to release the alleged attacker was only recently elected to her judicial role after nearly two decades as a public defender.

thursday-afternoon-amira-hunter-leaves-77426755.jpg

Just saw the full video, damn. Rough way to go.

His first mistake was breaking the 20 ft rule, the second was running away.

Should have tried to engage and stop it, turning his back was bad news…

23 year old woman with an extensive history of prior violent crime arrest but not convictions assaults a subway Cellist with a metal water bottle... released under 'supervision' in... you guessed it... New York City.

Sounds like behavior from your typical Biden supporter.

is he wrong though?

do you think that smirking kid warranted that much media attention?

The crazy part about that story was that the kid didn't do anything wrong. The 4 toothed Indian walked up to him and beat his drum in the kid's face. The kid should have laid his trouble making Liberal activist ass out cold.

Back