Homegym MEGA Thread

Lol yeah muscle ups have been my other bugaboo. At least I can do a [crap form] snatch with light weight, but have never hit an unassisted muscle up despite years of trying. On a gravitron pullup/dip station with 20 lbs assistance, I can do 2 or 3 but on rings or a pull up bar even with a false grip and attempting everything like the asshole on youtube, I get stuck at the halfway point for 10 seconds and then have to bail. They should call it a "fly up" instead of a muscle up because there's no damn way you're "muscling" out of the sticking point without momentum unless you're the south park version of Brian Boitano.
The game of inches to get the wrist from pointing down to parallel with bar is the hardest damn transition. Elbows continue to stay under the bar. It's not a tricep weakness. Can do plenty muscle up presses above bar when jumping to position . One of them things you're probably supposed to endlessly drill for weeks to months, just not up for it. Hoping one day it just clicks and happens without practice :)
Also watching people do it negative in slow tempo, insane. Can't lower body from above bar back to bent arm position without falling.

you're probably supposed to endlessly drill for weeks to months

At this point I'd rather move my 6 horse stable rubber mats out from under my squat rack by myself, drag them them through my muddy backyard and around the house and back in, then drill muscle ups endlessly for weeks. Maybe... well I'd have to think about it at least.

Heavy clubs made my grips in jiu jitsu otherworldly.
How heavy?

I have 2 clubells that are 15lb and a 35lb club. I used them pretty successfully in the past, but never found they did as much as farmers walks, weighted pullups and kettlebell work.

I used them for shoulder and rotation work mostly these days.

The game of inches to get the wrist from pointing down to parallel with bar is the hardest damn transition. Elbows continue to stay under the bar. It's not a tricep weakness. Can do plenty muscle up presses above bar when jumping to position . One of them things you're probably supposed to endlessly drill for weeks to months, just not up for it. Hoping one day it just clicks and happens without practice :)
Also watching people do it negative in slow tempo, insane. Can't lower body from above bar back to bent arm position without falling.
I learnt to do them from a program by Gold medal bodies but I think they retired it.

The main thing me there was just getting comfortable with the false grip and drilling the portion where you go from under the rings to the dip. I never did a strict one though to be honest. It wasn't a full blown crossfit kip, but I did use some momentum.

My ring dips and pullups have always been strong though. I just couldn't manage the false grip switching part until it did just click.

How heavy?

I have 2 clubells that are 15lb and a 35lb club. I used them pretty successfully in the past, but never found they did as much as farmers walks, weighted pullups and kettlebell work.

I used them for shoulder and rotation work mostly these days.
Single and two hand heavy club stuff, there's an entire training system. Circles, pendulums, shield casts, mills, etc.

Anyone have any experience with the Jacked Up Fitness all-in one power racks? They're racks combined with FT/lat pulldowns and a smith machine.

Single and two hand heavy club stuff, there's an entire training system. Circles, pendulums, shield casts, mills, etc.
Tacfit? That's what I started with. All the Onnit guys came up under that system.I have their original clubells in 15lb and then a similar one in 35lb.
I used the King of Clubs program back in the day. It was good when I was in the military to do before unit PT.

Anyone have any experience with the Jacked Up Fitness all-in one power racks? They're racks combined with FT/lat pulldowns and a smith machine.
Had to look it up, not wise of them to put the highest tier / price as 1st thing you see. Would have left page. Scrolled down and saw some more viable options that looked pretty good deals

Tacfit? That's what I started with. All the Onnit guys came up under that system.I have their original clubells in 15lb and then a similar one in 35lb.
I used the King of Clubs program back in the day. It was good when I was in the military to do before unit PT.
I have clubs up to 52kg. Titan for the lighter weights and Great Lakes girya for the monster ones.

I have clubs up to 52kg. Titan for the lighter weights and Great Lakes girya for the monster ones.
I can imagine a 52kg club would make the grip strong. I don't need more toys but I wish I had bought something like that over my lighter ones. They are useable but not the total system they were sold as at the time.

I can imagine a 52kg club would make the grip strong. I don't need more toys but I wish I had bought something like that over my lighter ones. They are useable but not the total system they were sold as at the time.

This is what I started with, made my grip stronger and punches snappier

This is what I started with, made my grip stronger and punches snappier

It's all the same exercises that I learnt from Tacfit programs. Cheers dude I did enjoy using them, just not the system I was taught.

They're definitely not a cure all but after 15 years of barbell training, I wanted to learn something new
Can't be mad at branching out away from the typical and getting stronger.

If anyone else was into the goofy lifting. The King Keg on Amazon went on sale from $250 to $140 and a 50% off coupon, so you can grab one for $70. Unsure if it's a 1 time coupon and because I used it - can't see it anymore? I can't make it pop up again, but it applied at checkout.

WOD King Keg
Damn can’t get the coupon to apply to anything else

Damn can’t get the coupon to apply to anything else
Is it still there? I thought it was already the low price, then it cut the $139 in half at checkout. Fk it, feels like money saved even though spent.

Is it still there? I thought it was already the low price, then it cut the $139 in half at checkout. Fk it, feels like money saved even though spent.
After much searching and a bit of a misunderstanding I thought there were other items you could buy and use that coupon. I don’t need it or I’d buy it. Though it might be fun to do that strongman keg toss thing

After much searching and a bit of a misunderstanding I thought there were other items you could buy and use that coupon. I don’t need it or I’d buy it. Though it might be fun to do that strongman keg toss things?

You guys throw those things?

Back