Homegym MEGA Thread

Got the aluminum pulley upgrade for the bells of steel cable tower. Pulleys cost almost half of what I paid for the tower. Happy with the purchase though because it feels much smoother now. If anyone is shopping for a cable tower I'd spend a little extra and go with aluminum pulleys if that is an option.

Got the aluminum pulley upgrade for the bells of steel cable tower. Pulleys cost almost half of what I paid for the tower. Happy with the purchase though because it feels much smoother now. If anyone is shopping for a cable tower I'd spend a little extra and go with aluminum pulleys if that is an option.
They have been catching hella flack lately. Need to show em some love. Apparently pulled out of Home Gym Com due to cost and people didn't like it. Then Gluck gave a bad review on their hack machine? not up to facts on it, just that they were under the knife.

Do any of you guys who follow this stuff more closely have any idea if there have been any rumors about Rogue putting out rack attachments similar to Rep's Athena or Ares? I really want a FT/lat pulldown incorporated into my rack. I've looked at the Prime selectorized rack and the Rep stuff. In addition to the cost, I'd have to sell my Rogue Monster rack to make room. If it was an option to drop something into my current rack, I'd be all over that. Kind of regretting going with Rogue over Rep at this point.

Do any of you guys who follow this stuff more closely have any idea if there have been any rumors about Rogue putting out rack attachments similar to Rep's Athena or Ares? I really want a FT/lat pulldown incorporated into my rack. I've looked at the Prime selectorized rack and the Rep stuff. In addition to the cost, I'd have to sell my Rogue Monster rack to make room. If it was an option to drop something into my current rack, I'd be all over that. Kind of regretting going with Rogue over Rep at this point.
Haven't heard of Rogue doing anything new. They have the Slinger with a 300lb stack for over $1200 before shipping. Plate loaded version is $500 plus shipping. I've seen a couple guys on reddit who put the Athena in their Rogue rack, but that involved cutting rods and posts.

Haven't heard of Rogue doing anything new. They have the Slinger with a 300lb stack for over $1200 before shipping. Plate loaded version is $500 plus shipping. I've seen a couple guys on reddit who put the Athena in their Rogue rack, but that involved cutting rods and posts.

Bah!

I would pay a premium for an Ares type attachment since it's Rogue and it would save me the trouble of getting a whole new rack and selling mine. Fucking fuck. Should have gone with Rep in 2020. I'm just a big fat idiot.

Thanks alot bro for mentioned that. I been wanting a reverse pec deck to add to my gym for a long time and this will work perfectly. You are alright.

Got a 60lbs vest and draped my 40lbs vest over it and went for a walk. That was arduous lol

Got a 60lbs vest and draped my 40lbs vest over it and went for a walk. That was arduous lol
Try packing a 100lb slam ball for 1/2 mile or mile. No vest needed, arms hate you after a while.

Try packing a 100lb slam ball for 1/2 mile or mile. No vest needed, arms hate you after a while.

I did this back in the day with a heavy sandbag after seeing it on Ross's website.

I don't know if I did all three rounds to be honest. I don't know where my hard copy old school training logs are now.

I did this back in the day with a heavy sandbag after seeing it on Ross's website.

I don't know if I did all three rounds to be honest. I don't know where my hard copy old school training logs are now.
That actually looks / sounds fun and doable. He didn't specify weight, just that soccer moms are gonna like it. But clean & press x 10, he probably mentioned it's 100# somewhere else.

That actually looks / sounds fun and doable. He didn't specify weight, just that soccer moms are gonna like it. But clean & press x 10, he probably mentioned it's 100# somewhere else.
I did it with something around that from memory. Even a lighter bag would be reasonably challenging on the 3rd round because I think I rest paused the reps by the end.

I remember it being that perfect distance that going fast was possible and not just grinding it out (like with a mile carry) was the better option.

I also did it in the tropics so heat was a major factor. I remember jumping into the base pool straight after and just stashing my sandbag nearby.I did it on a rugby oval (rectangular shaped) so I had to go back and forth a few times each 400m.

<23>

Haven't heard of Rogue doing anything new.
You're gonna be so proud. Placing an order with the devil tomorrow, because they are the only company that makes said product. And it fits style of lifting without having to hand make it. Will share more info after confirmed.

Last edited:
You're gonna be so proud. Placing an order with the devil tomorrow, because they are the only company that makes said product. And it fits style of lifting without having to hand make it. Will share more info after confirmed.
I wouldn't say that I am Rogue's biggest fan, but I don't hate them like you do. Of course a bunch of their stuff is needlessly overpriced, but I don't think I've ever been disappointed with anything I've gotten from them.

Monolift arms and hybrid power bar are top notch shit that I would gladly buy again. Not hung up on the American made aspect, but it's still a nice bonus. Don't have a problem buying cheaper China shit, but on certain things I'm okay going with Rogue.

I wouldn't say that I am Rogue's biggest fan, but I don't hate them like you do. Of course a bunch of their stuff is needlessly overpriced, but I don't think I've ever been disappointed with anything I've gotten from them.

Monolift arms and hybrid power bar are top notch shit that I would gladly buy again. Not hung up on the American made aspect, but it's still a nice bonus. Don't have a problem buying cheaper China shit, but on certain things I'm okay going with Rogue.
They make a ton of great stuff, just wished they weren't so blatantly overpriced on some of it. Then tacking on shipping to the high sticker is just spit in the face. Even the refurbed or used equipment is not discounted much + shipping. I think shopping for kettlebells is when the "hate" became worth speaking against them. Cocksuckers wanted more to send it than to make it.

Maybe it's cuz the fanboys push it so hard, there has to be balance in the world so someone has to be noisy on the other side. :D

I'm happy with my Rogue stuff, but I do wish I had gotten a Rep rack instead so I could add the Ares. The rack itself is great and more than I'll ever actually need. I have the Matidor (dips) and landmine attachments for it, and both are great. I really like my Ohio Power Bar which is also more bar than I'll likely ever need. I have their trap bar and some bumpers too and happy with all of it.

I'm 100% sure I would have been just as happy with more budget-friendly choices, though. That Fray Functional Trainer rack for under $2K gives me buyer's remorse as well.

I'm happy with my Rogue stuff, but I do wish I had gotten a Rep rack instead so I could add the Ares. The rack itself is great and more than I'll ever actually need. I have the Matidor (dips) and landmine attachments for it, and both are great. I really like my Ohio Power Bar which is also more bar than I'll likely ever need. I have their trap bar and some bumpers too and happy with all of it.

I'm 100% sure I would have been just as happy with more budget-friendly choices, though. That Fray Functional Trainer rack for under $2K gives me buyer's remorse as well.
You could have gotten so much more stuff for the same price you paid. At same quality. Some stuff they have is unique but the copy/paste equipment for $250 more I can't get behind people trying to defend it.

Now have to make them look like they've always been in gym. Maybe she won't notice.

usgrnN4.png

Back