Television HOUSE OF THE DRAGON (Renewed for Season 2, post #571)

Screenshot_20220828-233236-278.png

It's also extremely close to Driftmark, which is the seat of House Velaryon.

View attachment 940398

It's also extremely close to Driftmark, which is the seat of House Velaryon.
about the same distance to Harenhaal (slightly farther actually) which took multiple episodes to get to in GoT. Corlys got there in 1 second. Not a big deal since the rest of the show's pacing was good, but that was one of the big criticisms of the last 2 seasons of GoT.
Opera Snapshot_2022-08-28_203721_www.boredpanda.com.png

about the same distance to Harenhaal (slightly farther actually) which took multiple episodes to get to in GoT. Corlys got there in 1 second. Not a big deal since the rest of the show's pacing was good, but that was one of the big criticisms of the last 2 seasons of GoT.
View attachment 940399
It would take less than a day to sail there.

Agree that I did hate all the teleporting.

Man, maybe I should make discussion threads like we did for the old series. After this last episode, it’s clear that business is picking up.

f6baf5f09b7e05e5e35c003b6c475c91

442-4421691_im-chris-hansen-mem.png

I definitely had mixed feelings about that. I really loved Game of Thrones. For reference, I literally own a bastard sword that I won at GoT trivia.

The last two seasons were a letdown, but I didn't hate them as much as some.

All that said, the iconic theme song and clockwork title sequence makes me happy and nostalgic, but I agree that it was a weird choice to use the classic Game of Thrones theme.
Did you read a song of ice and fire ?

He actually gives me Stannis vibes, maybe sneakier but to me the valeryon guy (the one who wanted the king to marry his practically infant daughter) reminds me of littlefinger
Velaryon is much prouder and more arrogant than Littlefinger. He is the head of a noble house of Old Valyria and the wealthiest man in Westeros.

Littlefinger is of very humble birth and he clawed his way to power. Otto Hightower reminds me more of Littlefinger, because he is a second son.

Another great episode. Might watch it again tomorrow. If I have to nitpick, asides from the butchering of King's Landing in the 1st episode, the world seems kind of smaller and less populous. I want to see other places or cities.

View attachment 940399

This series will basically be like the last couple of seasons of GOT with its pacing. The show runners said if they had their way they have 5-6 seasons planned and the series would cover more than one generation. Im not counting this as a spoiler since its on the HBO website but it lists half siblings for Rhaena on it's cast. Six months have already passed from episode one to episode two where in GOT, did six months even pass in an entire season or two?

Lets talk about the best part of the episode though....the theme song is back. Someone mentioned "trying" to be like Star Wars or Harry Potter, neither comes close to being an epic opener like GOT. Its a prequel series, only right they keep things in the same vein and I was pumped when the music started even if the sequences don't make much sense to me yet.

Otto Hightower two episodes in is already Littlefingers better half. Got his daughter in the door and as of now is poised to be the second biggest house in the realm by a landslide. Of course what he doesn't know is this probably is what sets off a big civil war between the king and his brother and Rhaena and her bestie.

Two episodes in:

GOT: 1
HOTD: 1

Both The Rogue Prince and Blacks & Greens are GRRM dullest work with a fairly anticlimactic "ending" Hard to get excited over the series and episode 1 felt like a chore to watch.

I was already hooked after the first episode. Episode 2 was a great follow up

If they do the entire Dance in three seasons, where does season 1 end? Maybe have Daemon's campaign in the stepstones by ep 8 or 9, and offering his crown to his brother in 10? Or do you think they'll push further than that?

If they are only doing 3 seasons then they may end 1 with his return to KL. Otherwise they are going to have to rush a shit load of content to the official separation of powers takes place.

Last edited:
theyre trying to do the whole "make a theme song stick" thing. Like Star Wars, Harry Potter, Jurassic Park, etc..

The pacing was much better this episode; kind of rushed around the end though. This episode gave me hope for the rest of the season. Im hyped

The wigs on Corlys' daughter and son look ridiculous though. you can see their actual black hair poking out around the hairline

This series will basically be like the last couple of seasons of GOT with its pacing. The show runners said if they had their way they have 5-6 seasons planned and the series would cover more than one generation. Im not counting this as a spoiler since its on the HBO website but it lists half siblings for Rhaena on it's cast. Six months have already passed from episode one to episode two where in GOT, did six months even pass in an entire season or two?

Lets talk about the best part of the episode though....the theme song is back. Someone mentioned "trying" to be like Star Wars or Harry Potter, neither comes close to being an epic opener like GOT. Its a prequel series, only right they keep things in the same vein and I was pumped when the music started even if the sequences don't make much sense to me yet.

Otto Hightower two episodes in is already Littlefingers better half. Got his daughter in the door and as of now is poised to be the second biggest house in the realm by a landslide. Of course what he doesn't know is this probably is what sets off a big civil war between the king and his brother and Rhaena and her bestie.

Two episodes in:

GOT: 1
HOTD: 1
I loved hearing the theme, put a huge smile on my face. It's so iconic, and great to be heard alongside something quality again.

I really enjoyed this episode, despite the slow burn. I'm starting to dig the rest of the cast. I already loved Daemon, best part of the 1st episode and always steals the scene. Dude is Captain charisma. Rhaenyra's performance helped fill his absence here. The actress is temporary unfortunately, as we'll be getting a time jump sooner than later I anticipate (not a spoiler). I would rather they stick with her and deviate from the bigger time jumps coming.

The show looks excellent, especially the vistas at Dragonstone and the rest of the CGI for the dragons. The costumes and armour are top notch!
200w.gif

That Crabfeeder guy at the end was creepy AF
I love it, super intrigued!

Back