How big of mismatch is Anthony Smith vs Alex Pereira?

Smith is finished, this fight isn't even worth talking about. Smith is ranked a distant 10th in the rankings, having lost 3 of his last 4. Why is this even a topic of discussion?
He's at the end of his career and he knows for certain that he can't climb that ladder to get a shot, so he's trying to talk his way into it. Pathetic, yes. He's probably losing to Vitor Petrino

I don't think Smith has a hundred dollar bill's chance in a homeless shelter, TBH. He's getting quite delusional in the latter stages of his career.

Anthony Smith literally had like two fights where he looked like a world beater.... And never once again did he show those skills inside the octagon. And how he's gone down in the last couple fights in my opinion the biggest mismatch in this fight is the fact that Anthony Lionheart Smith has no heart.

He's #10, Erceg is getting a title shot and is #10. I think Hendo was #14 and recently retired before he got his title shot.
Imo he is #10 because of the lack of talent around, not because he has earned a top spot

Reactions: lsa
all depends on how well smith panic wrestles, my guess is not well, and he'd get smoked

Kinda wish the UFC would do some kind of old school gladiator style shit where they just feed somebody like Pereira 10 cans on the same night and have him knock out all those fools during one event.

Just bleed.

Smith has like 1 win over anyone that even still has a career in the sport to present day, the idea that he would be challenging for a title again is laughable
Smith can't beat Bo Nickal. Or do it.

Prime Smith would sub him under 2 minutes

In his prime, the Gustafson fight you can give Smith 20 25 30 % chance. He was very tough and athletic. Good striking and better grappling then Pereira. Now you can give him like 2%. In his prime he has strong grappling but is a striker who fights well if it ends up on the ground. He isn't a takedwn machine. Nowadays he lost his edge and 30% of his athletic abilities. His milage is like 60 fights and 18 losses or something. His leg, muscle mass everything detoriated from wars. I expect him to leave the rankings within 1-2 years.

Ankalaev vs Pereira, let's end this fairytale.

Who's dick do you jump on next when Alex leg kicks and left hooks Ankalaev? How exactly does someone tap out with 1 second left in the fight again lol guy lost to fuckin Paul Craig. Alex slept the last guy he fought who lost to Paul Craig by sub

Smith has as good a chance as I would.

In his prime, the Gustafson fight you can give Smith 20 25 30 % chance. He was very tough and athletic. Good striking and better grappling then Pereira. Now you can give him like 2%. In his prime he has strong grappling but is a striker who fights well if it ends up on the ground. He isn't a takedwn machine. Nowadays he lost his edge and 30% of his athletic abilities. His milage is like 60 fights and 18 losses or something. His leg, muscle mass everything detoriated from wars. I expect him to leave the rankings within 1-2 years.
Prime Smith was already knocked out several times and still had bad leg kick defense. I
IIRC, Gus outlanded Smith and Alex hits on a different level than Gus.

Prime Smith was already knocked out several times and still had bad leg kick defense. I
IIRC, Gus outlanded Smith and Alex hits on a different level than Gus.
Alex in his prime would beat Alex. Alex is new. Alex Perira is kidna comparable. I meant his leg is damaged I noticed in the Rakic fight. And overall it acumulated, he's 36 now and dropped phisically. Not as durable and explosive anymore.

Please tell me Smith isn’t getting near a title shot?

He's #10, Erceg is getting a title shot and is #10. I think Hendo was #14 and recently retired before he got his title shot.

Erceg's getting his shot because they needed someone to fill in, and Hendo got his title shot because of the history between him and Bisping + a lot of other contenders higher up in the rankings were all injured or weren't coming off wins.

Only way Smith gets a title shot is if everyone in front of him suddenly can't fight for the title. That's basically how he got his title shot against Jones, so who knows, maybe it'll happen again lol.

Smith vs most of the top 10 would realistically be a big mismatch, and not in Anthony's favor.

Reactions: lsa
Back