How did Sakuraba beat Rampage, Vitor if it took him 1 hour to beat Royce?

Rampage cut like 20-30 lbs in one day and Vitor broke his during the fight...hope that clears things up

There were a shit load of suspect looking fights in Pride. I'm not saying they were works but they sure looked like works.
Which fights, for example?

(I mean, aside from Takada's wins over Mark Coleman and Kyle Sturgeon of course)

Which fights, for example?

(I mean, aside from Takada's wins over Mark Coleman and Kyle Sturgeon of course)

Well the Mark Coleman one is verified but other than that imo Ryo Chonans flying heel hook on the Spider looked well suspect. Saku is a frikkin legend and I love the cunt but I remember at least a couple of his fights looking pretty dubious too. Just my opinion and I could be wrong but it's been a long time since I watched any Pride events so I'd need to refresh my memory to say for sure.

The Phases of Vitor Belfort's fight career: Old Vitor - New Vitor - TRT Vitor -Non TRT Vitor

Sakuraba beat "New Vitor" who had mental lapses during fights and was unable to perform well. It was a several fight phase in his career. It was also reported that Vitor broke his wrist/hand on Saku's head and after that he stopped throwing.

Sakuraba beat Rampage when he was pretty green still. He was a good fighter at the time but not a great fighter yet.

Saku carried Royce. Also, Royce fought like a spazzy child.
This,

He wanted to fight the Gracies under their own requested rules and make Royce quit - which he did.

It was a most realistically dominant way he could fight Royce, since he wasn't going to submit him, he got him to tap through exhaustion and frustration - remember per Gracie rules there were no judges so Saku was just going to keep fighting until one of them died of tiredness or someone gave up.

Legend.

Why Ruas?
I mean, what separate Ruas from, for example, Euclides Pereira?
Im down with them ol´schools like Euclides or Ivan Gomes too... One might argue that MT hadnt reached Brazil then, tho...

They offered Page more money to lose.

How do you think. I'm certain Quinton said this in a late interview.

Saku was really good and Rampage was a relativel noob at the time.

Woah. Dead thread revived. Kinda cool to see.

Royce wore clothes called 'a gi' that protected him up to 1 hour and 29 minutes. Then at 1 hour 30 everything that happened to him hit him so hard his family retired him from the fight.

One of the biggest noob thread questions of all time.

Because Saku literally has mountain sized testicles.

Rampage gassed himself with weird stuff. Lifting another human being over and over can be tiring.

Back