How is this even possible!?

Hes unranked and 5-3 in the UFC. That doesn't typically result in decent money unless you do it for years like Jim Miller.

Also, zero FOTN/POTN, unlike Miller who has probably 15.

Reactions: HHJ
He doesn't, he did before he got the UFC and said he quit once he got the call for the UFC. He said he had a job at a company that makes boxes was was set to make $130k, but the hours were too long to train, so he left and got a construction job because it was an easier schedule to train with while he fought in regional orgs, then quit when he got the UFC call.

Didn't read all this thread but just wanna know why @Ogata hates construction workers so much

I explained different times that I do not hate nor demean it. All I said was its tough business for a ufc fighter who needs maximum recovery off training camp and construction is hard and taxing on the nervous system.

I explained different times that I do not hate nor demean it. All I said was its tough business for a ufc fighter who needs maximum recovery off training camp and construction is hard and taxing on the nervous system.
I think he may have been having a laugh, piling on as sherdoggers do lol

I am back btw.

An honest question, have you ever worked construction or similar?

He doesn't, he did before he got the UFC and said he quit once he got the call for the UFC. He said he had a job at a company that makes boxes was was set to make $130k, but the hours were too long to train, so he left and got a construction job because it was an easier schedule to train with while he fought in regional orgs, then quit when he got the UFC call.
great post, thx for info

<RomeroSalute>

I think he may have been having a laugh, piling on as sherdoggers do lol

I am back btw.

An honest question, have you ever worked construction or similar?

I did in 2008. It was BRUTAL!

Hence I was not coming from a place of disrespect. It's that recovery was hard. I was boxing and training judo. I had to stop judo. Could not recover.

I remember having zero energy after work and an insane appetite.

Hence I was not coming from a place of disrespect. It's that recovery was hard. I was boxing and training judo. I had to stop judo. Could not recover.

Different things suit different folks.

If you are used to it your body may like it. I was gonna go more into an explanation and examples to illustrate it, but it seems @nostradumbass above has answered the question as to his (Cody's) actual situation

I too wish they all got paid more. Noticably they all made MANY times more than the UFC pays them back when they could get their own sponsors.

While advancing up the construction worker pay grade, you have to prove that you’re tough enough to live that life by fighting a few professional MMA bouts…

It’s kinda like a “learn to walk before you learn to run” type thing.

Dude construction is not one amorphous blob of a job where a dude wears cut off Jean shorts and a lumberjack shirt and pushes wheelbarrows of dirt around a building site.
Maybe he did an easy job like driving an excavator or a small machine. Maybe he supervised concrete pours. Maybe he measured window frames. Maybe he ran light conduit.
These guys aren't all hot sweaty bad boys who work hard and play harder.

Jesus christ

Merab Dvashivilshviliminili was also a construction worker
It might be the best base for MMA
Efgw3-zWAAUeb3h.jpg

Shit is expensive and even pros that aren’t quite at the top usually have a day job. It’s the same for a lot of musicians. I couldn’t believe my eyes when I learned that so many of them work full time when not touring. Like pretty big bands that have many albums out and so on.

Many pros have their own gym or are affiliated with them in some way, coach classes or something. Some work in regular ass jobs. Some are ”social media content creators” or whatever that’s called. Some show their tits for money.

It is what it is

<WhatItIs>

Lol I dont know why this would surprise anyone.

Not every fighter makes a living off this shit. If you only fight twice a year and don't make that much it's probably wise to have a regular job too

You don't think there isn't any boxers doin the same, your crazy

I noticed Cody Durden wiki and I was reading how when he is not training for a fight, he is working as a construction worker:

View attachment 1041827

I don't get it, how is this even possible!

He is a UFC fighter with a relatively decent record in modern times and he still has to work a day job and in construction which depletes your energy all day!

I thought fighters with his record at least make 60 to 100 k a year no?

Is the pay crap or is the cost of living that is out of hand?

EDIT:

I am not demeaning construction work in terms of a persons value. I am saying its tough on the human body and for a career MMA fighter, its best to have an occupation on the side that is easier on the nervous system since these guys injured like crazy since MMA is a tough grueling sport and so is construction.
You can't eat a hot dog brander. 🤷‍♂️

The fool is you for not realizing that he should be using the money to learn a skill and not just do fucking construction. How about learn mechanics or some skilled labor. That and even if he is mid, he should have enough money to NOT do fucking construction.

If not skilled labor, he could learn, marketing, advertising, SEO, PPC or buying and selling data. HUH!!?
Having your own construction business would pay more than either of those careers lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
doubleEYEpoke
Back