How long will your tank of gas in your car last?

He was a neo luddite. He wasn't 'prepping' for anything. He didn't hoard resources. He was living off the land because he rejected modern society's reliance on tech, not because he predicted it's collapse.

Just admit it was a poor reference and move on. This is embarrassing.

Why do you believe prepping is limited to doomsday scenarios and hoarding resources?

This is my driving truck
2017-ram-1500-lone-star-silver-edition.jpg
And this is my plow truck
plow.jpg
So gas seems not to be my priority.

I know last year I was on a quarter tank, I filled up and drove to Beaver's Bend, Oklahoma, which is about 140 miles and back and I was still one a quarter tank

You're welcome.

Now that I've sufficiently wasted your time. My reference was personalized to the poster that I addressing based on knowing some of his historical posts. Relax spaz. You don't need to interject everytime you feel an incessant need to add documentary hipster details.

Since I retired, I use more gasoline in my lawnmower than in my car. I used to drive 60 miles round trip to visit my aunt every month but I can't do that now. I've had my current car for two years and have only filled the tank 3 times. I haven't filled my pickup in over a year and still have well over half of the 34 gallons left.

Your fuel is going to go bad.

You charge every night?? I do like twice a week maybe.

I had an ICE rental car a few months ago, and it fucking sucked. After you have a Tesla, it would be hard to drive anything else.
I feel the same. Once you go electric you can never go back.

a Honda civic gets 32 city and 42 hwy a fuel tank of 12.5 so maybe around 400-450 miles per tank. I can make that last two weeks but will probably drive less right now

but if shit hits the fan I can bike around for a 50 mile radius.

Last edited:
Is part of your prepping plan to kill people and steal their property like you implied earlier? Just wondering, I get all you Kaczynski types mixed up.
No, my prepping plan is to stay at home or at a farm, while shooting at anything that looks threatening.

If the gas is an ethanol blend it will start going bad quick. If it's ethanol-free it will probably last 4 months without problems. I use Sta-Bil fuel stabilizer for ethanol blend gas. It will last a year or so then.

While they say fuel only lasts that short amount of time, I can tell you it's combustible and will burn off fine in an engine(car or truck, you're much more likely to have issues with small engines and old fuel in my experience) WAY longer than that without an issue. I've resurrected vehicles with non-ethanol fuel in the tank that was 10+ years old for example. 5-10 years with E10 blend as well.

If the gas is an ethanol blend it will start going bad quick. If it's ethanol-free it will probably last 4 months without problems. I use Sta-Bil fuel stabilizer for ethanol blend gas. It will last a year or so then.

Interesting.

Who's farm?
My hunt leader's, where I am most welcome to spend the rest of my days as long as I help out when needed.
Why? You expected me to go and steal a random farm?

Both cars are full, and I have 2 five gallons tank full. Not going anywhere, plenty of supplies to last months, and getting everything delivered these days. Also have guns to protect from @Greta ;)

Back