I miss Fedor Emelianenko the Eternal GOAT of combat sports.

Why does it have to be Bader? Out of all the mismatches Coker has made… he’s gonna give Fedor Bader for his retirement fight?
I hope so :D
I know this is a divisive topic though. After beating Johnson, Fedor has arguably earned a title shot, and he wants it. That’s why Fedor entered the HW GP too, he wants one more title before retiring. I know other Fedor fans don’t agree with me, but I’d rather see him lose his last fight chasing the title rather than KOing some other scrub or aging legend.
I also don’t think it’s as big a mismatch as some ppl think.

JampackedUnselfishDeer-size_restricted.gif

That right hook knocks anyone and it comes from nowhere. Chael described how Fedor just were hitting from all kind of angles. The Russian catch-punch that Vovchanchyn knocked ppl with - underrestimated technicue altho it seems to break your hand often if u throw it

What about Matt Serra or Ryo Chonan?

You idiots kill me. Sometimes it takes more than a cursory glance at a fighter’s win-loss record on Sherdog to make a qualified assessment of his career.

Anderson and GSP aren't the GOATs either. The only clear GOAT is Jon Jones.

Anderson and GSP aren't the GOATs either. The only clear GOAT is Jon Jones.

Seriously mate - they aint even in the same league as Fedor. Theyre lower weight-classes. Dont compare apples with oranges.

I wish Fedor was coming up in today's MMA world

he'd be smashing heads in at LHW @ Possibly HW in the latter half of his career
not enough cans in the UFC to pad his record he'd probably fight in KSW they like doing freakshow shit.

I don't seem as the GOAT, however, I respect him and do seem him as an important figure in the sport for sure. If this was the NBA, I don't consider him Michael Jordan, but he's definitely a Bill Russell or Kareem Abdul Jabbar.

Please don't start the "you had to be there and watch him." I was and I did.

Hard to comprehend how good he was, even more so looking at the state of HW right now

The greatest to compete in MMA by a distance. Should have been a MW or LHW if he cut like others, instead 10+ years undefeated in the best HW division the sport has seen

There are some other Heavyweights that are dangerous but Prime-Fedor were simply extraordinary.

To go 10 years undefeated in HW is insane. No one is really close.

Yes there are good fighters GSP, Jon Jones, Volkanovski, Khabib but the impressive thing about Fedor is he went 10 year undefeated agains the best in HW. Sure there are some cans, but these are HW's or in some cases Super-HW's.

Come back when someone goes atleast 5 years undefeated at HW.

I don't seem as the GOAT, however, I respect him and do seem him as an important figure in the sport for sure. If this was the NBA, I don't consider him Michael Jordan, but he's definitely a Bill Russell or Kareem Abdul Jabbar.

Please don't start the "you had to be there and watch him." I was and I did.

Who is Jordan?

Hard to comprehend how good he was, even more so looking at the state of HW right now

The greatest to compete in MMA by a distance. Should have been a MW or LHW if he cut like others, instead 10+ years undefeated in the best HW division the sport has seen

He is a legend but you need to get a grip
- He was no MW. We saw him vs a good sized MW in Lindland and the size difference was very notable. Fedor is a thick wide man regardless of the belly.
- The HW division in the early10s was arguably better than in mid '00s, as any other division in MMA.
- Fedor has his legit case for GOAT but nobody is "by a distance" and if so, its Jones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
This Island Earth
Back