I need to stop using humor around women

The ladies suck with jokes. They’ll get it if its sexual, but you can come off as a pervert.

And being funny is a learned art. Comes naturally for some. Others need time to learn

Or could it be you are not as funny as you think?

They don't get it anyways. This girl I know told me "She's not going to understand sarcasm. Are you crazy?"

Just yesterday, I was on Tinder w/ a girl and she says "Tell me a secret." I'm like "What. Are you planning on blackmailing me or something someday?" I was expecting a "No. LOL" and the I tell her a secret , but she just deleted my profile.

I think I need to make my humor just really simple
Maybe you just aren't funny and it comes off as autistic or creepy.

You really dodged a bullet here. She was obviously looking for a guy to pleasure her dirty phantasies with some dick picks and sexy talk.

No one here can tell you what was going through the woman's head. All you'll get here is hindsight bias.

The story could have just as easily ended with her responding playfully about being a secret agent or something, you building rapport with and ending up with her number, then the interaction would've come across as you being smooth.

The fact of the matter is she could've disqualified you over anything. They're probably talking to like 6 other guys at any given time, with 2 of them being serious prospects and the other 4 being out of boredom or validation seeking. You could've just have been in the latter category. Even the initial "tell me a secret" message seemed more like a game than actual conversation.

The story could have just as easily ended with her responding playfully about being a secret agent or something, you building rapport with and ending up with her number, then the interaction would've come across as you being smooth.

I strongly doubt that. I've never used a dating site but the statement "What? Are you planning on blackmailing me some day?" is not going to be a coin flip. It just sounds like he's unhappy.

Pretty funny, but jokes like that aren't always gonna land. You saved yourself some trouble because imagine dating someone who doesn't mesh with your weird ass humor

Some people are taking this a little too seriously. I used a lot of hyperbole, also.

I should use humor more judiciously and really know my audience. I am still cool with the girl from the first story. I talked to her for a half an hour the other day and I was just nice. She didn't understand that I was being facetious. The other Hooters bartender laughed. The girl that I am talking about has so many simps kissing her ass all the time that she doesn't understand some light teasing or some guy being a little bit ballsy. And , yes, it's a Hooters girl. everyone's batting average is going down in that place, but I have pulled girls from Hooters. Honestly, I'm going to the regular sports bar than that place this year. It's way easier to pick up regular waitresses or girls watching the games.

The second one...who gives a fuck. I learned some lingo. I bombed who cares.

I mean, it's tinder. I don't use dating sites and never will, but if a woman I don't know online or in person said "tell me a secret" I wouldn't take that seriously and 10,000% would not give a serious response either, nor would I care about the outcome, lol

Meh, it's the internet, a 2 is getting about 2,000 messages per day. You didn't necessarily do anything wrong.

Just don't overdo the humor - it'll come across as needy.

Don't make offensive jokes - "hey, you hear the one about the Jews--?"

3Y25.gif

He should just be honest with her and told her I do not have secrets how about you

I strongly doubt that. I've never used a dating site but the statement "What? Are you planning on blackmailing me some day?" is not going to be a coin flip. It just sounds like he's unhappy.

If she recognizes it's humor, sure it can. Not a joke to get you dying with laughter but playful enough. If the chick's not really into you, it's easy to disqualify yourself with one statement, and you have a small margin of error.

There was an experiment (Okcupid, I think) that showed if a guy (or woman obviously) was super attractive, they could get away with saying really dumb shit that would otherwise cause somebody to cringe.

Online there's no definite way to figure out if something is sarcasm or not. It's best to reserve it for when you've been talking with the girl for a little while and it's obvious within the context of that particular conversation that it's sarcasm. Don't start with ambiguous messages like that as your first lines with a stranger. Good-looking women get dozens of socially retarded guys send them inappropriate comments on dating apps. You mess up in those first few messages and in her mind she's going to put you in the "creep" box and close the case. This is really obvious stuff.

If you add enough smileys it can make it clearer

Tell me a secret!
I live with my parents, but don’t tell them that.:eek::rolleyes:<Moves><Lmaoo>

Back