I saw a guy slap the hell out of his girl last night and I didn't do anything. I feel like a giant p

You did the right thing man, don't feel guilty. He could have had a knife or a gun. He could've ended up taking his anger out on you.

The worst part is that if you decided to rough him up, the girl would probably defend him and may attack you. Best not to get involved. He probably went to jail.

This. When I was in college this exact situation happened to me and rather than mind my business I cracked a beer bottle over the guys head and beat him silly. Guess who jumped on my back like a spider monkey? The girl he was just beating up on. Guess who almost went to jail? Not the woman beater. Thankfully he had roughed her up enough for the cops to see that I was not just randomly attacking someone. After that I started staying in my own lane.

I hadn't seen a woman hit like that since I saw my father hit my mom.

You get a pass.

Even if you weren't a victim of that traumatic flashback, you still get a pass.
It wasn't any of your business. You didn't know either of them, and it wasn't 'your duty as a man' to defend a woman just because.

You would have gained nothing, and it could have ended badly for you even if you 'won.'

Some women need slapped. Captain save a ho usually gets saved

Your responsibility is to defend your family, not white knight every skank who decides to date a fucboi and pays the inevitable price for that decision.

Btw stop shopping at Walmart, you're better than that

Solution: The next time you see Chris Rock, slap the hell out of him.

I was leaving target and as I'm approaching my car I hear a loud argument between a guy and what appears to be his girl. They' were arguing about a debit card. From the bits I gathered It seems like the card had insufficient funds and he blamed her for cleaning his account. As most arguments between couples do it got off topic and veered into every bad thing either of them ever did to each other. The woman then said she was calling her brother to come pick her up. The guy said if she did he was going to "crack yo shit like a grape". The woman starts calling and the man winds up and smacks the living hell out of her. The echo was resounding. I was shocked the woman didn't fall or get knocked out. I was so shocked I just didn't know what to do. I had a mix of sadness and anger. I hadn't seen a woman hit like that since I saw my father hit my mom. I wanted to do something but something was holding me back . so I got in my car and called the cops. I gave them a description and plate numbers and left. I didn't sleep well last night and I woke up feeling like a giant pussy. Lots of bad stuff just running through my mind right now. Sorry for wall of text but just had to let this out somewhere.

Username checks out on this one, boys.

I had a similar situation happen years ago. Couldn't believe what I saw so I walked up to them, pushed the guy aside and said "You think you're a real man with that slap huh?"

I swung around and cracked his bitch with a God tier slap; laying her out across the pavement for 30 minutes. I said "That's how a REAL man does it!" then walked away.

J/K! Don't sweat it OP. You lived through the experience which may not have happened if you intervened.
Hahah

You may be correct from the standpoint that I am intervening from the view of my own morality/code of conduct and ethical societal stance but that’s what defines me in this life. I would not intervene to cause more harm I would only intervene to alleviate a situation that I view as bad. I also know that it isn’t a question for me, I don’t go through the mental turmoil of what to do I react and am thankful that it is how I handle situations like these. To do anything contrary would be to do something that goes against my intrinsic values and I won’t pervert that.
But do you help when a guy is getting beat up? Or only if it was a gay couple? Or are women just more fragile in your opinion?

You should have showed him who was stronger! Laid her out worse and the taken him home for a fun night.

But really, what a shit situation. Yikes.

My policy in these situations: Not my circus, not my monkeys.

You are not obligated to get involved, anything could have happened. What if he had a gun on him?

As some others have said, probably good you didn’t get involved. In this day and age if you got involved you could have left with a lawsuit from the guy or even get hurt/killed. As shitty as it is to say it doesn’t pay to be a hero in this day and age. You get involved, dude hits you, you hit back, he calls the cops and boom it’s a case. Or even worse dude is spiteful and tracks you down to do worse. Keeping to yourself is how you gotta get by. You did the smart thing by reporting it to the police and letting them handle it.

Smart move on your part. Getting mixed up in a domestic could have left you hurt or arrested. Unless he was actively trying to murder her you did the right thing.
Good call. Especially if it's in a nearby apartment, sucks but you don't want some violent shit head pissed off at you for reporting him; would rather not fear for my life at home.

I had a similar situation happen years ago. Couldn't believe what I saw so I walked up to them, pushed the guy aside and said "You think you're a real man with that slap huh?"

I swung around and cracked his bitch with a God tier slap; laying her out across the pavement for 30 minutes. I said "That's how a REAL man does it!" then walked away.

J/K! Don't sweat it OP. You lived through the experience which may not have happened if you intervened.
Hhahaa that's Lenny Bruce level, nicely done!

You did the right thing sherbro.
For all you know, somebody else called the cops and when they get there, if you've confronted the male you might just catch an assault or battery charge.
Our world is extremely pussified and it's sad that confrontation with somebody like that is the wrong move but you have to think of your own safety first.

Back