Social I still don't understand why slavery is blamed on white Americans

Well African tribes held slaves long before America existed, and they sold them to the Dutch when Europeans made contact. Slavery still goes on a lot, in Africa and the Middle East but sadly nobody gives a shit about that because white folks aren't involved.

There are some people in personal circle who I consider to be generally good people who push such an odd narrative. They say that african-americans fall behind in so many ways because of the history of white America & slavery. Even when I was younger this never made sense to me. Anyone who has read any religious text would know that slavery is neither an American or a white phenomenon. Especially when you realise that the slaves in America were sold by black Africans.

Someone I had a civil but loud argument with was trying to convince me that america was very invested in slavery because they had a civil war over it. But there within lied the contradiction. Aren't the same 'evil' white Americans the ones who fought to end slavery in that very civil war? To which the answer was an angry look and silence.

I honestly think if we are going to use the argument that slavery disadvantaged this racial group. Then the blame lies with who sold the slaves, and not who freed them.

So African Americans were not disadvantaged by slavery? You can't really believe this can you?

Trump HIMSELF said that no president has done more for blacks except Lincoln. African American unemployment was at a record low under Trump.

If you're gonna call the man a liar, then come straight out and have the balls to do it, sherdogger.
When Trump HIMSELF says something you can be -30% certain that it's the truth.

If white Americans didn’t buy slaves from Africa, the only difference would be all those slaves would have stayed in Africa and been slaves there instead of slaves in america

Perhaps, but their children, grand children, and great grand children wouldn't have also been enslaved if they had stayed in Africa. Chattel slavery was fairly unique to America.

Well African tribes held slaves long before America existed, and they sold them to the Dutch when Europeans made contact. Slavery still goes on a lot, in Africa and the Middle East but sadly nobody gives a shit about that because white folks aren't involved.
I'm sure the people in those areas care about it deeply. I'm sure most people in America do not. I'm not sure what argument you're leading up though.

That because there is still slavery in other parts of the world, a discussion about the impact of slavery on people in the United States is ______ ?

Is anyone seriously indulging the nonsense in the op?

You need to get back on your medication because you are hallucinating. I never said being white is a right wing thing. I'm talking about how the left dishonestly uses race as a wedge issue. Politicians like Joe Biden actually go to black churches and spout nonsense like "they gonna put y'all back in chains" or on podcasts and say "if you don't vote for me you ain't black". They would have you believe that the biggest danger to black people is white people and the only people that can save blacks are Democrats.

Only one major political party is trying to push "benefits of slavery" into the education system... and it ain't the Democrats
<3>

I'm sure the people in those areas care about it deeply. I'm sure most people in America do not. I'm not sure what argument you're leading up though.

That because there is still slavery in other parts of the world, a discussion about the impact of slavery on people in the United States is ______ ?
I'm not arguing about anything, I'm stating that it's ridiculous that people bitch and moan about white American slavery while ignoring the fact that slavery is very much going on today. But then again libs are extremely hypocritical so I guess it does make sense.

You are the dumbest person on Sherdog. That's no small feat.
I was wondering if this was a joke thread, then I wondered how old the poster was.
I genuinely wonder if TS may have a learning disability.

Not that many, Brazil imported 10 times as many yet nobody really guilts them for the slave trade.

How do you know no one talks about their history of slavery in their schools and there aren't discussions there? You speak Portuguese?

Long after slavery was over, we were putting Japanese Americans into internment camps. How are they doing today?

totally comparable...
4 years vs 100 years
100,000 vs 12 million
Internment vs Slavery
Migrant who came over on their own free will, thus with some form of financial stability vs people stolen and forced into slavery at birth...

As well as multitude of other nuanced differences.

Totally comparable
<{1-1}>

Last edited:
The sources I'm seeing on this assert that about 7 million slaves went through the trans-Saharan slave trade. Trans-Atlantic estimates are 11-12 million.

Still, it isn't a competition. That's absolutely monstrous. If there are groups of people in Africa today that are worse-off because of it, they should be compensated and there should be restorative justice for them.

The OP's title is a complete strawman/lie. No one "blames white people" for the mere existence of slavery. So this entire conversation is starting from a disingenuous point.
The video below and some other sources as well mention 17 million.

I agree that it’s not a contest, but it’s not fair to call the trans-Atlantic slave trade exceptionally cruel compared to other slave trades when the trans-Saharan slave trade could easily argued to be even worse.

totally comparable...
4 years vs 100 years
100,000 vs 12 million
Internment vs Slavery
Migrant who came over on their own free will, thus with some form of financial stability vs people stolen and forced into slavery at birth...

As well as multitude of other nuanced differences.

Totally comparable
<{1-1}>

We (including Blacks) were war with an entire race of people, yet that race we were at war with is thriving in the US.

When you post, it's like watching a retarded kid try and play hopscotch.

OIP.NlfQ4anVp9ZDuEUWMk3TzAAAAA

We (including Blacks) were war with an entire race of people, yet that race we were at war with is thriving in the US.

When you post, it's like watching a retarded kid try and play hopscotch.

OIP.NlfQ4anVp9ZDuEUWMk3TzAAAAA

You are so remarkably stupid, you shouldn't be allowed to vote or reproduce for the sake of humanity. We didn't bring millions of Japanese into the country against their will and then forced them into slavery for a century.

Your comparison is fucking retarded, as are you. Like @Super_Nintendo levels of dumb. Like, to type out something so stupid and then act like it's a valid point... just boggles my fucking mind, how are you a real person?

EDIT: so to clarify... You think, that being at war for 5-7 years is equivalent to a century of slavery and ANOTHER century of not being given basic human rights?

<36>

Last edited:
Back