Media Ian Garry guarantees “Leon Edwards absolutely runs through Colby”

Do you agree with Machado?

• Total voters
Say what you like about Colby but he's tough as shit, can take a shot and he will never gas out.

People who think anyone in the division just "runs through" him is delusional.

I don't think Leon can stop Colby's takedowns.

Why not? Colby is an inferior version of Usman.

Unless the fight is at altitude and Leon gasses out in a round again, he's going to do the same thing that he did to Usman in their trilogy fight.

Why not? Colby is an inferior version of Usman.

Unless the fight is at altitude and Leon gasses out in a round again, he's going to do the same thing that he did to Usman in their trilogy fight.
Imo, Colby is better at wearing down his opponents. And lets not forget that Leon was losing the fight against Usman with a 3:1 strike count in favor of Usman.

I honestly think Leon runs thru him. I think once Leon realizes in the 1st round that this guy is completely offensively harmless and can't threaten him with anything he will go after him with the intention of just finishing
So you know it but Usman don't know?

Imo, Colby is better at wearing down his opponents.

Based on what? Usman had more finishes and looked more dominant against ranked opposition.

And lets not forget that Leon was losing the fight against Usman with a 3:1 strike count in favor of Usman.

Yeah, when he gassed at altitude. The next fight at sea level was completely different.

Also, before he gassed, Leon took down and controlled Usman for an entire round, which is something that Colby never even came close to doing.

Leon is much better standing, Colby had gotten older.

Leon's TDD is good.

Leon picks him apart for a 3rd round KO.

Colby is one of the most chronically over-ranked guys in the entire sport.

His claim to fame is losing to Usman twice, and he got dropped and hurt badly in both of those fights.

Almost everyone he beat was coming off multiple losses, and he's fought NONE of his peers.

Edwards is the more proven guy and isn't going to get out wrestled. He's a pretty clear favorite.
When’s the last time 1. Leon “Ran through” anybody? And when’s the last time anybody has ever “ran through” Colby? Leon may win but it won’t be a beat down.

Based on what? Usman had more finishes and looked more dominant against ranked opposition.
Based on his stats, he has more takedowns per minute than Usman
Yeah, when he gassed at altitude. The next fight at sea level was completely different.
Usman was bad the third time, that KO didn't made him a better fighter

Either way, saying that Edwards would run through Colby is based on nothing.

I hope so but unfortunately I think Colby has a pretty solid chance of winning the fight. Only thing that could be more obnoxious and undeserved is if Sean somehow beats Aljo this weekend, granted thats considerably less likely.

No lol, Edwards does not run through anyone, he is a decision machine, Ian obviously ain't been watching him lol. It will be a decision, just depends who scores more points

Colby is too tough, has a great chin and is no quitter.

But Leon is a much better striker, physically stronger, and based on the latest Usman fight, should be able to maintain the fight on the feet.
I doubt Leon can KO him, unless its a kick as powerful as the one that KO'd Usman.

Safe bet seems an unanimous decision for Leon.

He won a few round against Nate, then almost got finished, that's hardly running through him.

Leon won 4 rounds with complete impunity on every judges card (and for anyone with eyeballs) then got rocked from one punch for about ~10 seconds total in the 5th round. He then resumed winning the round.

Leon beat that absolute shit out of Nate, and I'm a big Nate Diaz fan.

Maybe...but this discussion has nothing to do with those guys though and those are simply hypothetical predictions too, not based on any good evidence either.

You can certainly make the case for Belal and Burns beating Colby...but I would not bet a dime on them 'running through' him either.

Fair enough - we are in the weeds out of the gate talking about 'running through' because its a made up subjective standard anyhow.

More succinctly, I would pick Belal to beat Colby without any doubt or confusion on the judges cards or to an experienced audience, and he would do it without much fuss. I would probably pick Burns to knock Colby out.

Khamzat is a wild card because we just don't know how good he really is. We don't really how he fares against the top of the division, because in his only fight against a highly ranked guy (Burns), he hardly looked like the murderer he has been against lesser ranked guys.

Colby has never fought anyone the caliber of Burns other than Usman, who not only beat him both fights but dropped him and hurt him badly each outing. Generally speaking, Colby hasn't fought guys on win streaks, anyone in their prime on the way up, just guys coming off losses, many of which are now retired.

He also rarely fights. Not a lot to recommend him. There was this hilariously stupid "Jon Fitch beats everyone not named GSP" mantra that circulated for a while, completely preposterous because Jon had an absurdly light strength of schedule.

By the time he had to actually fight guys like Hendricks and Maia, he was getting pancaked. So will Colby.

Leave it for an Irishman to be completely uninformed on wrestling lol.

Dude hasn’t fought a single credible grappler in a deep wrestlers division, he’s obviously getting coddled by the UFC because of his passport.

Leon won 4 rounds with complete impunity on every judges card (and for anyone with eyeballs) then got rocked from one punch for about ~10 seconds total in the 5th round. He then resumed winning the round.

Leon beat that absolute shit out of Nate, and I'm a big Nate Diaz fan.

He picked Nate apart, definitely didn’t beat anything up lol. Besides the hail mary Headkick he landed on Usman, Edwards fights very passive. No urgency whatsoever.

The hardest shot of that fight was landed by LW Nate and it scrambled Leon’s brain lol. If Nate wasn’t pointing and laughing like a goof, he could’ve gotten him out of there.

I think he wina, even quite decisively. Run through is a strong statement though

Back