If 20 year old Mike Tyson started training mma in 2010 how would he have done

fucken lol.

gayjitsu never worked
tumblr_n0826qrKrY1si9idzo4_400.gif
Yeah I'm more referring to Mike Tyson probably wouldn't even be the same person if he grew up in this era instead of the 80's. Especially since he had a big ego problem. He probably would've been an instagram whore or something

My completely valid thread on the future of AI affecting MMA gets moved but this topic which has been discussed 58889 times gets to stay ignorant mods

He has no heart and overrated boxing. Cormier would sleep him standing.

Tony Tucker
Michael Spinks
Frank Bruno
Holmes (old but was still very competitive with top heavyweights after Tyson and never knocked out again)
Bonecrusher Smith
Pinklon Thomas
Tony Tubbs
Razor Ruddock x2

All the guys I listed above would beat Wilder for example and be right at the top of today's heavyweight scene.

It's a myth that Tyson's opponents were rubbish. He just made them look bad!

The 80's heavyweight scene was actually quite good.

Also abused in MMA if he had adequate cross training? Yeah right!

Conor was just basically a striker at 20 and look how he turned out.

Plenty of one dimensional fighters that adapted to MMA with cross training, granted more came from a grappling background, which admittedly would be preferable.

But Tyson was an amazing athlete and with his low centre of gravity and explosiveness he could easily adapt to wrestling and build a solid tdd.
Idk about all those guys beating Wilder...that's a tad extreme. Wilder doesn't have great technique but he fucks people up...he nearly ko'd Fury, I'd take Fury over a lot of those above names rather easily

Idk about all those guys beating Wilder...that's a tad extreme. Wilder doesn't have great technique but he fucks people up...he nearly ko'd Fury, I'd take Fury over a lot of those above names rather easily

I love Fury, but that was a difficult era.

You should go and watch Them all fight.

Not being rude, but if you watched the like of Ruddock, Tucker, Spinks and Holmes, then you would know that Fury wouldn't beat these guys easily if at all.

Larry Holmes was a much, much better fighter than Wlad and he had easily the best jab in heavyweight history (better than Lewis or Ali)

Wilder would be a nobody in that era and Frank Bruno would ko him

I love Fury, but that was a difficult era.

You should go and watch Them all fight.

Not being rude, but if you watched the like of Ruddock, Tucker, Spinks and Holmes, then you would know that Fury wouldn't beat these guys easily if at all.

Larry Holmes was a much, much better fighter than Wlad and he had easily the best jab in heavyweight history (better than Lewis or Ali)

Wilder would be a nobody in that era and Frank Bruno would ko him
I have. Most boxing fans have. You probably watch their fights easier 20 years later than during their careers.

You're showing clear bias. It doesn't help taking the "i know more than you" approach.

He has no heart and overrated boxing. Cormier would sleep him standing.
you are an idiot. One punch from Tyson would KO Cormier easily. UFC is a very very small organization with B list talents when compared to boxing. If Tyson were to be trained in MMA at a young age at respeectable places like AKA, he would undoubtedly be one of the greats. He would have MURDERED everyone!

Hi might have done all right, but not as well as as Holyfield or Lewis if they had started MMA at that same age.

I have. Most boxing fans have. You probably watch their fights easier 20 years later than during their careers.

You're showing clear bias. It doesn't help taking the "i know more than you" approach.

My eyes work

You are trying to tell me modern heavyweights are at the same standard as those guys?

Yeah Fury and Joshua for example are bigger and MAY cause problems due to their size.

But HW boxers back then were certainly more skilled and had better athletes.

Mike did things like a 110 pound guy ... dude was something special.

15 y/o Tyson coould prbably win titles today.

My eyes work

You are trying to tell me modern heavyweights are at the same standard as those guys?

Yeah Fury and Joshua for example are bigger and MAY cause problems due to their size.

But HW boxers back then were certainly more skilled and had better athletes.
I'm not making that argument.

What i actually am saying is that both Wilder and Fury could at least compete at that level. Some of those guys weren't as good as you're making it seem...Frank Bruno? Really? The dude who lost every notable fight he was in?

K. He'd get merc'd by the top 3 right now.

Larry Holmes

Also overrated as fuck...

I'm not making that argument.

What i actually am saying is that both Wilder and Fury could at least compete at that level. Some of those guys weren't as good as you're making it seem...Frank Bruno? The dude who lost every notable fight he was in?

K. He'd get merc'd be the top 3 right now.

Fury could, but imo (you are of course entitled to disagree) Wilder would be bad.

He has barley fought anyone now. Ortiz was an old man and he was close to beating him.

Bruno would easily knock Wilder out in a few rounds.

As would Lewis, Bowe and of course Mike Tyson.

Wilder has had a very manufactured career.

Ortiz and Fury are the only good guys he fought.

I think Aj would absolutely crush Wilder badly.

Fury could, but imo (you are of course entitled to disagree) Wilder would be bad.

He has barley fought anyone now. Ortiz was an old man and he was close to beating him.

wilder vs mike? lol

wilder in the hospital byy round 2 or 3

Wilder would definitely have a harder time. We'd agree there. I think Fury a few years ago finishes him just from counters/timing.

And i also think AJ beats Wilder. AJ has nearly or equal technique to Fury but more power. Bad matchup for Wilder.

Bruno never easily beat anyone

And by the way

We're never seeing those 3 fight each other. Wilder vs Fury for "lineal hw title" was all we're getting.

I still contend Fury is the lineal champion.

Back