If Leon moved to 185 who would he beat out of DDP, Strickland, Izzy, Poatan Whitaker?

Bravo for taking down Colby but let's not forget Leon received damaged and couldn't tap Colby from the ground.

DDP would take him down eventually and grind him into a patty. Leon deserves credit but that's barking up the wrong tree.

Why is Poatan even part of this discussion? He's the LHW champ.

He's not dropping back to to 185lbs to take a random non-title fight against Edwards.

Bronn 1.gif

He'd lost to all of them and against Poatan he'd be carried on a stretcher

Well if we're being honest he's actually a mw anyhow
Leon dwarfs everyone at ww those ww are super wws Leon is a mw

And I think most of his success is due to his size
He's a points fighter so I think he'd be up there like rob but I don't see him holding a belt there aren't any hard core wrestlers but the strikers at mw would be a problem for him he's adapted and learned to fight grapplers for ever mw is a bleed or knockout area

Ddp and poatan dangerous fights... Maybe he has chances against sean

He would lose against smaller Whitaker? Or Strickland or slow DDP?
In a 5 round fight everyone you mentioned finishes Edwards other than maybe Whittaker who would win a lopsided decision. He can't keep up with the pace of DDP and Strickland and can't out strike Whittaker or Poatan and all of them punch harder. Edwards is similar to Izzy but less skilled, smaller and doesn't hit as hard.

They all have better wrestling than him as well other than Potan who has consistently shown great defensive grappling and has made both Jan and Jiri very tired from grappling him while not being able to cause any damage.

Also Whittaker is not smaller than Edwards, get your eyes checked cause your depth perception must be bad.

Last edited:
In a 5 round fight everyone you mentioned finishes Edwards other than maybe Whittaker who would win a lopsided decision. He can't keep up with the pace of DDP and Strickland and can't out strike Whittaker or Poatan and all of them punch harder. Edwards is similar to Izzy but less skilled, smaller and doesn't hit as hard.

They all have better wrestling than him as well other than Potan who has consistently shown great defensive grappling and has made both Jan and Jiri very tired from grappling him while not being able to cause any damage.

Also Whittaker is not smaller than Edwards, get your eyes checked cause your depth perception must be bad.
No way Leon loses to DDP and Whitaker.

No way Leon loses to DDP and Whitaker.
You've delusional, the vast majority of Edwards fights have been competitive in his winning streak at WW, he's not beating top 5 level MWs and the LHW champion.

Edwards is a low output striker with almost no KO power other than with head kicks. DDP wrecks him, there's nothing Edwards can do to keep DDP away from him and he's not going to be able to stop his takedowns or trade with him effectively due to his lack of punching power.

Whittaker has a similar point fighting style but has more well rounded offense with better takedowns and more punching power.

Leon is excellent but I still consider him an underdog in all these confrontations

He don't beat any of them seriously
I don't know if he beats Belal , Shavkat or JDM in his division

Leon is an average fighter he was not impressive against Colby or Usman in the rematch

He don't beat any of them seriously
I don't know if he beats Belal , Shavkat or JDM in his division

Leon is an average fighter he was not impressive against Colby or Usman in the rematch
he wasn't impressive in the first fight with usman either, or the fight with nate diaz for that matter.

Back