If the Rogan-Snipes UFC fight happened

OMG- the hairs on me neck are standing
Again, Rogan by being the more complete mmartist by RNC over the movie star.

Maybe I don't know what I'm talking about and maybe you dont but I'd be willing to put money on it .....but it's not happening- so - ?

How often do you see pot smoking midgets taking down regular sized men in clinches?

He also started training in martials arts at a very young age. He's a fifth degree black belt in karate and a black belt in hapkido (Korean version closest to jiu jitsu), so he is very good with both striking and with joint manipulation submissions.

I think it would have been a good fight. He has some size on Rogan, but he's not a very big guy, himself.

Hapkido is Korean Aikido +TaeKwondo...

Hapkido is Korean Aikido +TaeKwondo...

No, not really. It does incorporate striking, but it's different.

What we're both doing here is trying to simplify it and put it into a context that others can more easily understand, but that's only going to get into a general approximation, so there's not point in splitting hairs, because neither description is completely accurate.

I used to train under one of the original founders of the Korean Hapkido (he's the one breaking the board in my avatar pic). He considers Tae Kwon Do sports application, and not actually martial art, per se.

No, not really. It does incorporate striking, but it's different.

What we're both doing here is trying to simplify it and put it into a context that others can more easily understand, but that's only going to get into a general approximation, so there's not point in splitting hairs, because neither description is completely accurate.

I used to train under one of the original founders of the Korean Hapkido (he's the one breaking the board in my avatar pic). He considers Tae Kwon Do sports application, and not actually martial art, per se.

The kicks are lifted from traditional Taekwondo, and the grappling has the same original source as Aikido and joint manipulation only works against Junkies who grab your wrist. You will not be able to grab a wrist against a real fighter, nor will he attempt to grab yours.

The kicks are lifted from traditional Taekwondo, and the grappling has the same original source as Aikido and joint manipulation only works against Junkies who grab your wrist. You will not be able to grab a wrist against a real fighter, nor will he attempt to grab yours.

No, that's not correct. It's taken from the same traditional martial arts that Tae Kwon Do used, but there is no "traditional Tae Kwon Do." It was developed in the 1940s and 1950s.

Both are lifting from the same ancient martial arts, but that's very different than Hapkido lifting from Tae Kwon Do.

And we're talking about an MMA cage fight between Snipes and Rogan, right? Are you really claiming no one ever grabs wrists in MMA? Someone better tell the announcers that they should stop constantly talking about "wrist control" in that case.

Plus the claim that Hapkido joint manipulation comes down to "grabbing the wrist" is an absurd contention.

Did you, perhaps, train in Tae Kwon Do, so were fed the Kool Aid about how it was actually better than other Korean Martial Arts and that the other arts stole from Tae Kwon Do?

My mom is Korean, so basically I have a story for every development in the history of mankind and how it was stolen from the Koreans.

Last edited:
No, that's not correct. It's taken from the same traditional martial arts that Tae Kwon Do used, but there is no "traditional Tae Kwon Do." It was developed in the 1940s and 1950s.

Both are lifting from the same ancient martial arts, but that's very different than Hapkido lifting from Tae Kwon Do.

And we're talking about an MMA cage fight between Snipes and Rogan, right? Are you really claiming no one ever grabs wrists in MMA? Someone better tell the announcers that they should stop constantly talking about "wrist control" in that case.

Plus the claim that Hapkido joint manipulation comes down to "grabbing the wrist" is an absurd contention.

Did you, perhaps, train in Tae Kwon Do, so were fed the Kool Aid about how it was actually better than other Korean Martial Arts and that the other arts stole from Tae Kwon Do?

My mom is Korean, so basically I have a story for every development in the history of mankind and how it was stolen from the Koreans.

Yeah I'm claiming joint manipulation never happens in the UFC. It's complete horseshit

Ä

And you drank the cool
Aid that the kicks are from taekkyon.

I don't think they drug test a one-off type of deal. Neither one of those guys is looking to do it as a profession
To fight in the UFC you have to be in the USADA testing pool for 6 months. If there were exceptions we would see Brock Lesnar way more often

Amazing how far they got.

Rogan claims here that Snipes took the offer. They were very close to the fight date

And you drank the cool
Aid that the kicks are from taekkyon.
Except that I never made that claim or thought that.

If there was a martial art that was referred to as "taekkyon" practiced in the ancient kingdoms, it's not all that likely that it closely resembles whatever is being practiced under that name today, so my reference to them all having the same older roots is talking about how kicks and spin kicks, which are, disputably Korean in origin, have been around in Korea for over a thousand years.

You talking about the kicks as being adopted or taken from Tae Kwon Do is like Steven Segal claiming he invented the front kick.

You have the original practitioners of Hapkido who martial arts masters before Tae Kwon Do was formulated.

I notice that you don't deny my speculation about your own background.

Last edited:
Do you learn the kimura in Hapkido?

Not sure what that has to do with you claiming that there is no joint manipulation in MMA.

I also never said I studied Hapkido.

Back