If these fighters retired, I'd stop watching UFC for good

Zat and Alex showed up, like, yesterday. By that I mean - somebody always shows up to keep things interesting enough to keep tuning in. So no one can really do it for me. It would have to be a mass walk off and some truly abysmal boring meat golems taking over for me to zone out.

I've been watching this sport long enough to watch multiple generations of favorites come and go.

ts 2021 casual confirmed

Imagine if this kid lived in a college town.. He would have been a sports fan for about 3-4 years until the current team all graduated and went pro or retired. Time to quit watching I guess. Holy shit.

A fighter or a bunch of fighters retiring would not stop me from watching mma. I’ve watched the sport too many years and seen guys come and go. This is a brutal sport and folks will eventually hang them. Royce, Frank, Liddell, Honda, GSP, Anderson, Brock and soon Conor. They came, thrilled me and left. Maybe getting older or just being uninterested in the sport as a whole will make me watch it less and less.

... or at least until a new exciting phenomenon resurrected the sport.

Conor Mcgregor
Francis Ngannou
Alex Perreira
Khamzat Chimaev
Oliveira

What retirements would kill the sport for you?

NINTCHDBPICT000747521744-1.jpg

I have been invested in mma since the 90s, watched plenty of great fighters come and go, watched several great orgs fold.
I love combat sports, i love fighting and training.
I am happy when the young improve and reach levels others reached 25 years before.
Gives me hope.

Welcome to fighting, let alone sports. You sound like someone who just got into either.

99% of fighters who were around when I got into fighting are no longer fighting.

Strange post.

Some of these fighters are quite new to the game. Which means you are open to taking on new favorite fighters. Which means you should just keep watching and give some fresh blood a chance to make your list.

That way you can watch MMA forever.

<{JustBleed}>

there will be replacements

that russian hw
khamzat has many years left
maybe paddy
jiri is practically brand new
figgy is always fun
fizev might step it up later

it'll go on and on, these fighters are replaceable, and even as a self proclaimed casual, there will be times of lul and times of excitement. Same can be said about boxing, and that's been around forever.
I’m liking your list of guys who can hopefully give us years of entertaining fights to look forward to The Russian HW, you talking about Pavlovich...?

I stopped watching after UFC 2. It’s been all downhill since then.

can somebody give me a quick update on what has happened since?
Ken Shamrock is finally retired. Other than that it's more or less the same since you stopped watching

None as I ama fan of MMA way more than any participant

I have seen many great fighters that I like retire in 20 years watching MMA and 30 boxing
The man in my AV is one of my 2 favourite ever sports stars and I never stopped watching football when he hung the boots up

Khabib-Nurmogomedev-With-His-Wife.jpg

Roy Nurmakeanov

... or at least until a new exciting phenomenon resurrected the sport.

Conor Mcgregor
Francis Ngannou
Alex Perreira
Khamzat Chimaev
Oliveira

What retirements would kill the sport for you?

NINTCHDBPICT000747521744-1.jpg
No real fan of MMA thinks this way

I think it's really sad that you still give a fuck about McNuggets.

Back