If these fighters retired, I'd stop watching UFC for good

Sports are a young man's endeavor... there's always going to be retirements and turn around.

I think TS is just indicative of the younger generation, I've heard kids are more fans of specific players(or fighters in this case) than they are of teams.

TS is basically saying that if Michael Douglas retired he'd stop watching movies sir lol.
Kind of a dumb take, but it doesn't surprise me considering.

Two of those fighters are rising stars, so odds are you’d find new fighters to cheer for if that happened. Most of the time these days I tune in to watch very few cards live, unless I’m especially hyped for a fight/card. More often than not I’ll read the Sherdog Play-by-Play, and if I miss a really good fight I might look it up online the next day.

... or at least until a new exciting phenomenon resurrected the sport.

Conor Mcgregor
Francis Ngannou
Alex Perreira
Khamzat Chimaev
Oliveira

What retirements would kill the sport for you?
It's not a "Sport" for you little kid.

TS obviously started watching MMA 6 months ago lol.

the sport is bigger then any one person.

Conor Mcgregor
Francis Ngannou
Alex Perreira
Khamzat Chimaev
Oliveira

NINTCHDBPICT000747521744-1.jpg
Just a quick point of clarification: if they retire and you stop watching, will that also mean you won't be posting here anymore?

Wanderlei is already long gone and I'm still here.

For Fedor.

None, I've witnessed all my favorites come and go more than once

So if a handful of the biggest fighters in the sport retire?

There’s always new guys. So unless you watch just for the hypetrains and drama you should be fine in the long run.

Conor Mcgregor
Francis Ngannou
Alex Perreira
Khamzat Chimaev
Oliveira

You won’t have to worry about the last three for a while.

I'm a fan of fighting not fighters. I don't watch MMA or boxing like I do football or hockey where a root for a team based on the region I'm from.

No fighter leaving would make me stop watching. I have been watching since 1995, have seen many fav fighters come and go, but have always found others to root for. Only athlete to retire and I never watched the sport again, was Michael Jordan. I can live without basketball, but I need my MMA!

you've been watching guys pound each other out in their underwear for almost three decades

you've been watching guys pound each other out in their underwear for almost three decades
Yes, I'm afraid so. I am sure I am one of the older people on this site. Was a huge boxing fan before UFC too. Will watch until the day I die! :)

The vanguard is long gone with a few notable veterans. Without them it just feels like some stale formulaic sport that u cant even get on Tv anymore. It’s all been done. No need to even watch the fights - just look at the gifs and play by play. Next card.

Conor Mcgregor
Francis Ngannou
Alex Perreira
Khamzat Chimaev
Oliveira

tell me I am a dirty fucking casual without telling me Im a dirty fucking casual.

Back